Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies

5 posters

Go down

Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies Empty Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies

Post by Jay Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 am

I couldn't find if you'd reported on Gypsys limp problems with Cylap on here, would you mind posting about it, so I can add the thread to an article on HM, alongside Felix & Willows, if that's ok? Just need to know what happened, how long it took to recover and what your vet said/did about it.

Posts from other members would be helpful too Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies Empty Re: Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies

Post by SarahJane Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 am

I have had a few boarders that had it because owners got them vaccinated the day before boarding and it often lasted 2-3 days, dont know if thats useful.

x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies Empty Re: Tuckerbunnies - and all cylap limp bunnies

Post by fionaw Sun May 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Some of you will have read/seen what happened to my bunnies in 2008, here's the link if not:

www.englishrabbit.org.uk/cylapreport.pdf

My vet's have since stopped using Cylap completely, I also know of a rabbit that has died following six months of complications following the use of Cylap.

If this was a dog or cat vaccine I really don't believe that it would still be used with the fact that it states that UP TO 50% of rabbits will experience a palpable reaction, at least the data sheet has been changed to indicate this now, and it also mention about the 'limp' which it never used to before 2009.

Also it is now manufactured by Pfizer (not Fort Dodge), so any suspected adverse reactions would need to be reported to them via your vet.

Last edited by fionaw on Sun May 15, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info added)

fionaw
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Daisy had a lame front leg which appeared the day after his Cyclap Jab.

I took him to the vet thinking he had hurt his leg and even asked if it could be anything to do with his vaccination and was told that there wouldnt be a link and perhaps he had bruised it.

I paid £140 for the emergency appointment too. He stopped limping about 48 hours after the jab.

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Interesting.

Just called the vet to book thumper in for VHD vaccination and asked what they use. I was told it was Anivac, but it has only been changed to this from Cylap in the last 6 weeks or so.

She thought it was strange that I asked.

Maybe they are listening!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down