Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it)

+11
jolovesbunnies
LilyGrace
Big Ears
Vivi
Josephine
KatieB
Jay
wizbit
Tuckerbunnies
NickieM
Indie22
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Empty any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it)

Post by Indie22 Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Dylan has been quiet all day, I dont remember him eating this morning but I wouldnt have been paying attention without knowing he was off at that time. He has sat in the corner of his litter tray all day away from the girls and very quiet he was a but shakey when I came home earlier but not bad I thought their may have been thunder and lightening as forecast but it didnt last, I keep checking him and he just wants to flop in his litter tray and I cant coax him to eat even his fave guinea pig nougats and dandilion. I want to get him to a vet but they are closed. I work all weekend and rely on buses so to nip off it would take about 2.5 hours to get home get him there and back so wouldnt be allowed away that long and theres no one to take him. If its stasis is there any home remedies that may help till I try and sort something tomorrow but the earliest possible would be leaving work late afternoon tomorrow. Very worried!

I have an equisage machine (vibration massage) that Nougat enjoyed before I could get her to the vets when she had it but not sure he would be calm enough for it to stimulate the gut...

Last edited by Indie22 on Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Empty Re: any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it)

Post by NickieM Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 pm

You could try getting him to move around a bit as that might help, but if it is stasis, really what he needs is to see a vet. Try to syringe some fluids into him as you don't want his tummy contents to solidify. You can also try annoying him with food and hope he will snatch at some food and maybe eat a little. Maybe bring him inside so he is warm and hopefully you can get him to a vet tomorrow.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Empty Re: any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it)

Post by Indie22 Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Managed to get an emergency app in 10 mins, £80 call out £15 consult and usualy £20-30 ontop for meds all because my pet fell ill at an inconvenient time. Its daylight robery. He just squealed so is very sore and I have organised somewhere next to the group for him to sleep tonight. His breethings heavier now to. Hopefully pain related and not something worse.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Hoping he is feeling a bit better by now. At least if he is in pain, he will get pain relief. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri May 13, 2011 10:19 pm

just home. Hes really in pain its not simple stasis. I really didnt think this morning but I had a binbag with a huge hole missing and as I used to have mice in my shed I didnt put 2+2 together but they have somehow pulled it through their partition and ate it or at least dylan has. Hes vocal with pain and very tired. He has antibiotics, something to move the gut and metacam for the paint. The said they could keep him in but at my vets theres no one there all night so I am more use having him sleep indoors with me tonight and being able to watch him. They said if he hasnt passed anything by the morning he might need xrays and at worst might need it removed Sad I always have a pet ill or worse on fri 13th!
Will update you guys tomorrow if I have time. If hes slightly better then he might just go to work with me and I will keep an eye on him in the back room as hes in a small guinea cage just now.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh dear hope Dylan improves over night Sad

Sending him lots and lots of 'healing' Vibes xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Thank you, hes right next to my bed feeling very sorry for himself at the moment. I am trying to open my window to let air in but having reptiles in my room means trying to keep their heat up so tonight could be "fun" Thanks for the help above even though I got the vet.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Sat May 14, 2011 9:55 am

How is Dylan this morning?

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 am

Oh what a scare, I hope he improves, how is he today?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 am

How is he today hun?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 am

Hope Dylan is ok.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am

Sending healing vibes for Dylan, hope he is feeling better today. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sat May 14, 2011 8:56 pm

He was PTS this afternoon. Miss my little man.

We dropped him at the vets for his xrays after spending all night awake rubbing his back and checking on him. Havnt slept a wink. Got a call while still at work.. It wasnt his gut. He had stones in his bladder which had gone so large and so many suddenly that his urine had congealed so bad it wouldnt be removed through a catheter. His kidneys had started to fail and he was too weak to operate. So sudden, really lost and dont know what to do the girls are lost and very confused. He was in the most pain I have ever seen a small animal in all night I couldnt keep him like that if nothing could be done. They suggested diet cause it but I told them how strict I am and they completely ruled it out saying he must have been prone to it. Cant believe this he was ok yesterday morning!

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Some pics. Didnt even get to say bye...

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) 9b20b413-fd32-4f9a-952f-4b85a29aab4a
any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) DSCF2639
any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Indiedylan

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Dylanindie

Baby dylan

any advice, poorly dylan (update, didnt make it) Dylan

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat May 14, 2011 9:13 pm

So sorry about your loss.
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm

So sorry for your loss. So very sudden and tragic Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sat May 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Dont really know what to do with myself, its the first time I have been able to stop and think about it after working all day then trying to sort out the girls.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Really sorry to hear he didn't make it Sad sending you all some hugs Hugs The poor little guy, at least he is no longer in pain
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun May 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Sending you all lots of hugs. Dylan was a gorgeous little chap. Sleep tight little man. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Im so very sorry to hear this.

Sending you hugs. So very very sorry.

Dylan was very gorgeous and a lovely boy.

Have fun at the bridge gorgeous baby. xx x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 pm

I am so sorry for your pain, we all know what it is like. He had a good life nut unfortunately little creatures tend to go down very quickly once they get poorly.

I am sending loving vibes to you and please remember, love, we are all here for you.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sun May 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks everyone. I was supposed to bury him and pick him up tonight but I have clay soil and cant dig down so I am going to see if I can afford a cremation and get him a plant to have raised in the new run that he just missed getting to use.

Woody my shepherd died 2 months ago and adored the rabbits so he will have a pal. x

What should I expect from the girls, they are obviously eating less and seem to be insecure. Indie is looking to me for reasurance, cookie too but peanut was closest to him and still "waiting".

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh honey, must be heartbreaking to see your girls missing him too.

Sending love and cuddles for all of you x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks, jeff is now the one and only man of the house...a little worrying haha.

Just found the price of his bill and ind cremation. Dont know how they get away with charging so much but I want him home with his girls.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Hugs
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next