Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help!

3 posters

Go down

Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help! Empty Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help!

Post by LilyGrace Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Both of them have sore hocks, Lunas are worse than Thistles. I've been putting sudocrem on them but I think it's time for a vet visit..I know it's because we have carpet...but in their pen where they spend most of the time they have down soft fleecey pet blankets and I have just put a small duvet type thing down in there where they like to lay. I don't know what to do, I can't put them outside because of the dogs Sad. I think I should get some rugs for my bedroom which are soft as we have a rubbish cheap carpet down, can anyone recommend ones which would be good? I feel so bad as it's something which I guess is my fault really, Luna is grumpy and taking it out on Thistle. They are both still eating and drinking fine etc. Thistle is still binkying about and being his normal self, but I can see more hair coming off of his feet. Luna hasn't binkied in ages Sad. I've no idea why Luna has just developed this problem, she has been fine for the last year we've had her and the flooring has always been the same. Thistle is understandable because he is a rex. Any tips would be much appreciated as I'll do anything to make them better.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help! Empty Re: Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help!

Post by Felix&Willow Sat May 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Only just seen this thread - have no idea of how to help you of course, how very useless of me Hmmm But I hope they are ok, any improvement?

Hugs
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help! Empty Re: Both Luna and Thistle have sore feet...help!

Post by KatieB Sat May 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Crikey hun, Ive only just seen this too. What did the vet say? how are they doing??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 pm

They are a lot better now thanks, didn't get to the vets yet because Ive been at work so much and my OH works nights so it's been really difficult. Been worrying about them when Ive been at work. Kept applying sudocrem and now Lunas look sooo much better...they are scabbed over and pinkish now instead of bright red and puffy. We bought two HORRIBLE fluffy rugs today to go on the bedroom floor Laughing super tacky, but super soft. Thistles seem to be doing okay too. Just gonna be a case of keeping a close eye on both of them now instead of just Thistles feet. I felt awful she mustve felt so uncomfortable. I figured it might be from where they jump up and down off my bed so much which probably causes friction so that's where I've put the rugs Smile

However on the moody front, it turns out it was because she thought she was having babys again and she built a nest the other morning and since then her mood has totally changed and she's been binkying a lot! So glad it wasn't because of her feet and just some kind of rabbit PMT >_<. My poor girly.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 28, 2011 10:12 pm

I think we all feel her pain!

Glad that they are doing better honey. Hopefully the rugs will sort it out honey.

Im sorry i dont have any useful advice but I am sending them lots of love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks Katie Smile, shall pass on the well wishes too them! x
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down