Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05

+7
LilyGrace
Felix&Willow
charyuop
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
SarahJane
Happy Hoppers
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05 Empty 2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi all,

I've just had a call from one of my friends who is a vet in Horsham, West Sussex. Her surgery does a lot of work with the RSPCA in that district and she has just gone in to do some operations and been informed of two rabbits who are due to be PTS. The reason for this is the RSPCA is unable to rehome them due to their temperment, I gather they have been sent out and then returned. She has called me to see if I can help but I have very limited time to do so, maybe until Monday at the latest.

They are two females, one harlequin marked and one sooty fawn (uppy eared), from what I have been told. Both spayed and vaccinated, one year old abnd living together. They are both perfectly healthy, they just need someone who is patient and can do rehabilitation work with them, or is used to handling more tempermental rabbits.

I sadly cannot take these rabbits on myself, I have no spare accommodation and a baby due imminently but I really would like to try and find them a home or rescue space if at all possible.

Can anyone help?

Please do not turn this thread into one berating the RSPCA. My concern at the moment is for the rabbits.

Last edited by Sooz on Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05 Empty Re: 2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05

Post by SarahJane Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 pm

If they need fostering I can foster after the 12th June, I have a spare hutch and run, bit of a rubbish offer as I cant help right now which is what they need, but if someone had space temporarily I could help them after that.
And obviously im not near there either, so in reality my offer is a bit rubbish!

x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05 Empty Re: 2 Rabbits needing URGENT help in Sussex U/D 30/05

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 1:48 pm

I want to help but problem is I don't have a spare hutch or cage or anything that they could sleep in hmm
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for the offer SJ but I don't think they will hold them that long sadly. Ideally they need to go to a rescue foster carer but obviously an interim hold just to avoid PTS would be just as good at the moment.

I feel awful not being able to take them but the timing is just terrible. Crying or Very sad
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Please share the link on FB/Twitter if you can.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Will post to FB later today,

SJ if you can take from the 12th ill see what hubster says about me taking them until then. Im not holding out much hope for a yes but I will try.

If he says yes can anyone help me out with a hutch and run....I donated daisys!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Hope he says yes Katie after all its only 2 weeks!
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Katieb wrote:Will post to FB later today,

SJ if you can take from the 12th ill see what hubster says about me taking them until then. Im not holding out much hope for a yes but I will try.

That would be great Katie. I'll text to ask if the RSPCA have any they could send out with them. It sucks being so far away as I can't do anything other than ask about and plead with people.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I have advertised on a few other forums including my cat one to see if anyone can help.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:I have advertised on a few other forums including my cat one to see if anyone can help.

Thank you Hun Wave
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Saying that, someone could always just borrow my hutch if need be. Its nothing special its only a thistle hall unfortunately but then its better than PTS.

I am in Essex so if anyone can help and wants to borrow it let me know Wave

Potentially I could have them now, its just I go back to uni for a couple of days next week (like 4), and then thats it im finished, but i dont want my mum to be annoyed i have fostered and then asked her to look after them.

The only other solution is I take them, and put them into boarding when I go away which will only cost like £15 i expect, and then my mum will probably say "oh dont worry about it".

Would it be foster for the RSPCA or would it be taking them and I would be responsible for them financially? x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:06 pm

I think the RSPCA want to wash their hands of them TBH. I do think my friend would help with vet care in the interim however.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Sooz wrote:
Katieb wrote:Will post to FB later today,

That would be great Katie. I'll text to ask if the RSPCA have any they could send out with them. It sucks being so far away as I can't do anything other than ask about and plead with people.

Im not holding out a massive amount of hope but I will do my very best. is this east or west sussex?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm

I just thought of someone who may be able tof ind someone or even herself who could help, I will email her now.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Horsham is West Sussex
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Im not a great option, im far away, etc. But if they need a temporary place to go while something permanent can be found, either a home or a rescue space then I will take them Wave I could contact the rescue near me and see if they could take them x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I have had a suggestion of Furry Friends have you asked them Sooz?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:17 pm

I've not tried any rescues directly, although am waiting on a fosterer for ARC in Twickenham to get back to me.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 pm

I just had been told that someone visited FF on Monday and they had spare hutches so I think it may definitely be worth a shot.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu May 26, 2011 2:22 pm

I have emailed the rescue near me, who Cotton my foster bun went to last year. She doesnt have many buns in right now because she has a new baby so if the rescue can financially support them if they were here, and could take them at some point from me that would be very good! will update you if i hear anything.

fingrs crossed ARC can help instead though xx
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 pm

cant stop thinking about them now.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 pm

I can't either. Waiting on someone to email me back. I keep checking everywhere I posted, I look like I gone mad
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Tell me about it, I've been at it for ages now!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu May 26, 2011 2:45 pm

If something else comes along thats better then let me know, but I have emailed Little Angels Rescue near me to see if they can offer support for the buns, and a place with her usual foster carers even if its not right now.

I have told her I am happy to foster for a month or so if she needs me to, so hopefully she will get back to me and say its okay. If she says its okay they can come here. Bit of a maybe I know - but keeping my fingers crossed.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks SJ, I'll keep checking back for news.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next