Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun)

+3
Felix&Willow
NickieM
Tuckerbunnies
7 posters

Go down

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) Empty The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 27, 2011 6:18 pm

We started yesterday to bond our little Nethie Chudleigh Flint with Jamie she's a Nethie cross and Chudleigh was smitten he loves her but Jamie just kept running away from him even though he gently licked her face. We would really love these two to go together as besides they would have each other and would make a perfect couple we need more space so we can look for a little girl for Kenzo.
Will update you on their progress. Smile

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11008

Chudleigh Flint.
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11009

Jamie (trying to hide)
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11010

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11012

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11016

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11018

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11021

'Must look nice for Jamie'
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11023

'Where has she gone"
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11024

"Jamie I loves you"
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11026

"I loves you very much"
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11027

"Oh Daddy I want to be with Jamie"
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) 26-5-11028

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) Empty Re: The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun)

Post by NickieM Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Fingers crossed they continue to wuv each other so much. xx

Lovely photos. Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) Empty Re: The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun)

Post by Felix&Willow Fri May 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Wit woo Chuds! Hey you casanova, I see you kissing the girls - and he doesnt look so grumpy! Looking good lover boy! Love Love Love
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh how sweet! I hope she stops being shy soon, perhaps she is just playing hard to get...she won't be able to resist his cute little chops soon Wink
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 am

Chudleigh has the play pen facing Jamie's and he has been sat on his heat pad lovingly looking at her most of the day Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 am

Goodness thats lovely!

I really hope she comes around. Little chudders may leave his grumpy ways behind. I think they make a gorgeous couple!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sat May 28, 2011 9:02 am

Aww he's so cute. My Bruce was a bit like that to begin with, he was madly in love with Josephine and Josephine tolerated him but didn't seem to be as amourous. After a while she came around and now they're seriously loved up. Hopefully Jamie does the same thing! It looks like promising beginnings of a bond Smile
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Hey Chuds, hows the romance going? Long time no speak stroppy pants, hows Kenzo? Love
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by x Sarah x Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:46 am

Beautiful buns, i love Jamie's colour, its like Galaxy chocolate, lol
x Sarah x
x Sarah x
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-02-25

http://www.pets-on-vacation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 am

We are still trying them together, at the moment we are still trying to rebond Ruby and Charlie he is ok for about 20 minutes with Ruby and then he chases her and she screams she is so scared it's awful to hear , and the Chuds and Jamie saga is still going on, he is madly in love with her and she is playing really hard to get Rolling Eyes
It's difficult really as we have so much to do in a day and we can only bond when we have time. We still need to bond Barry the Bun with Katie and Koko and then they can all live together giving Kenzo his long hutch back and we can then concentrate on getting him a girl.
It just never ends Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Oh gosh its such a lot of work, how you manage I will never know, bunnies bunnies and more bunnies! 3 have driven me to a nervous breakdown this week - 21 and i would be in the nut house! Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:42 pm

The worse time for us is when one of us is ill which is usually me and then Mike has to do everything but he never complains.
It can be very hard work at times but it's also very rewarding to see happy bunnies and we love them so much. It's very much like having 21 children sometimes listening to us talking to them and telling them off when they have been naughty and they are all so special and all have a story and they are just our lives Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Ah, its lovely, and what a great life they all have with you - is 21 the most you have ever had? Do you know how many rabbits you have had over the years? x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Ah, its lovely, and what a great life they all have with you - is 21 the most you have ever had? Do you know how many rabbits you have had over the years? x

21 is the most bunnies we have ever had we moved here in March 2010 with 15 bunnies and altogether over the years I think we have had
over 41 bunnies all rescue and 1 who was a wild bunny Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Wow Very Happy Very Happy

What started it all of for you? Were you and Mikke equally into bunnies when you met or is it something you came across as a couple?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Maysie, you and Mike are bloomin amazing x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm

I have always loved rabbits, but horses, hares and rabbits are my passion and what really started it all was a rabbit called 'Keegan' (I won't go in to it much as you will have to wait till Hopping Mad is out as I don't want to spoil the story) but he was my inspiration to go on and help other rabbits and give them a loving caring home as a big Thank You to Keegan for giving me so much happiness. He was a blue dwarf lop and was one of the best rabbits that I have ever had. For 6 months I was in severe pain with my back as I have disc trouble, and I could hardly walk with the pain and spent most of my days laid on the settee and Keegan was always sat at the side of me or sat on me. He never ever left me even when I crawled to the toilet (and I did crawl believe me) he would follow and sit at the toilet door waiting for me. If I ever fell down he was there in a shot licking my face and trying his best to try and get me up....he was wonderful! He was a little furry guardian Angel and he wasn't a well bunny himself.
I will never ever forget the day he died he use to sneeze a lot and he jumped into his litter tray and started sneezing and jumped out and collapsed on the floor screaming. I was flat out on the settee and Mike rushed and picked him up and flew out the front door to the car (we lived about 2 minutes away from our vet at the time) I in absolute pain managed to get my car out the garage and drive to the vets only to walk in and find Mike and the vet crying, Keegan had died and we think it was a heart attack.
I lost over a stone in weight after he died and became very depressed. I found it so difficult to live without him as we had such a very special and close bond. He had even saved my life once....
This was in Nibbling News many years ago.
The Bonding of Chudleigh Flint and Jamie (the chocolate bun) NibblingNewsMayJune2001-1
If it hadn't been for Keegan we would have both died.
And this is why I do what I do today....for him.

Mike loved Keegan so much and I think that's when his passion for rabbits started.

Oh I do apologise! it being so long I could talk rabbits all day long Embarassed

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Katieb wrote:Maysie, you and Mike are bloomin amazing x x x

Oh Thank You so much, but I don't know about that Embarassed

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 pm

What a marvellous story. No wonder you miss him so much.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 am

What an amazing story and an amazing bun. If only the world could see what we all see eh?

Once you have been stolen by a bunny there is no going back.

You must miss him dearly.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Katieb wrote:What an amazing story and an amazing bun. If only the world could see what we all see eh?

Once you have been stolen by a bunny there is no going back.

You must miss him dearly.

Every single day I miss him and often cry over him he was such a special boy Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Amazing story! I can see how easy it would be to end up with alot of rabbits, I keep thinking about Rory's mum and dad, Rory's mum has been reduced down from £20 to £10 now, and I cant get over the pictures of Rory's dad, got to stop beating myself up over it and wait for the RSPCA, if I had the room, and the time for more I would take them, but I really dont, better 3 rabbits looked after well than 5 looked after poorly.

Keegan sounds amazing, do you have a plaque or something to remember him by? The rest of your bun's owe him a big thank you as he inspired it all, what a legend he is!

Thumbs Up
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:37 pm

I have so many things to remember him by a box full of rosettes and certificates that he won for photo show's that I use to enter his photo's in, he was the regional winner of Burgess Supa Rabbit of the Year competition 2002 and I have loads of photo's of him and his ashes which are going in with me when I leave this world and he had a rabbit named after him at a rescue centre.
Scroll down the page to read
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/carrotchronicle/Newsletter2_2003.asp

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Aha! amazing! Well thats a very fitting tribute! Bless, made me feel all warm and fuzzy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down