Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving on up ..

2 posters

Go down

Moving on up ..  Empty Moving on up ..

Post by Amelia66 Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 pm

So i have started sorting things so that Marshall can be let out of his cage for periods of the day when im not there. My dad is making a door type thing to go under my computer so that he cant get to wires, but i have one wire that goes around my door a skirting board. He doesn't normally go near it when im there, but obviously when im not there im sure curiosity would get the better of him. I just wondered what people use to cover their wires, does that spiral wrap work or do i need something thicker? I also have various things on my desk he could chew .... my mouse cable for example, should i cover these? i use a folding chair so he cant get on it to get on the desk ... but should i still not take the risk?

This also needs to be done as Fizzgig my hamster escaped a weekend i was away and my mum was looking after her [chewed a huuuuge hole in her new cage to do that too HBWS ] luckily i don't think she got the wires under my computer, too busy making a huge hole in my carpet trying to get under my door, but i don't want to take the risk again should she escape.

Is there anything else i should do in order for him to be out more? He will still have his cage for any times he may need to be shut in, but im wanting to shut him in less and less over the coming weeks. Its only in one room, he wont venture into other rooms and if i put him on the landing he slinks back to my room as fast as he can Laughing but im happy for it to be just that room, much more room than his cage anyways. He will also slowly be left out over night while im home as currently hes shut in when i go to bed ..... which could be fun being woken up by a rabbit digging my head Laughing
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Moving on up ..  Empty Re: Moving on up ..

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Hiya hun,

We use the spiral wrap stuff and daisy hasnt yet managed to get through it. Would deffo hide the mouse while you were out and you might also want to brace yourself for some carpet pile removal....they enjoy that. Skirting boards and door frames are also a favourite.

He will love being out and have lots of space though. So long as you are prepared that there will be damage, and dont mind, it will be fine.

Good luckm x x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon May 30, 2011 6:57 pm

yea i have seen him nibbling on a few boxes under my bed .... well more heard him doing it and seen the damage Laughing

Im not to bothered about the damage, i guess i know hes going to do it so im not to worried ... as long as he doesn't eat a wire and electrocute his fluffy little self i will be happy. Carpet removal also not a problem, it will match perfectly with the other hole in the carpet and if i get enough holes i can just pretend thats the style im going for Laughing

will have to check out the spiral warp then, if its not to expensive i will see if i can get some to protect my mouse and tv wires on my desk too
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 7:35 pm

I got ours from MR Cheap. they also sold it in B&Q but it was only £1 per reel in Mr Cheap. B&Q wanted about a tenner!

Marshall is going to love it! ha ha ha ha
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down