Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please :0(

4 posters

Go down

Opinions please :0( Empty Opinions please :0(

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi,

Thumper isn't quite herself just now. I can't decide if there is something wrong or if she is just unsettled.

Here's what I've noticed:

She is very sleepy and lethargic/day dreaming lots
She is eating, but not like she normally does. Food is staying in the bowl for muuuuuuch longer than usual.
Her poop's are a little bit soft.

But on the other hand, she seems fine. She is still grunting and running around my feet.
This morning she was doing circles round the bag of food and grunting away like a mad thing (although she didn't want to eat any of it.)
She's still coming over to me randomly and head butting my feet.

I was thinking maybe the food issues is just her wanting some fresh grass, so we tried that today and it went down a storm, so will keep that up. (There is treatment on the grass outside, so having to go further afield but it's worth it)

My question is, we are between homes just now because we moved out of our flat and the new house isn't finished yet. I am not living with Thumper just now but she is familiar with her surroundings, back where she spent years of her life. But for weeks before me moved out of the flat there was a constant flow of cardboard boxes and things being moved. And now she's here. It's usually always me who wakes her up. Me who feeds her. Me who puts her to bed.

Do you think she's maybe unsettled? Or missing me and my other half? Or maybe she's just not sure what's going on?

Do you think they have this level of thinking?

Any input greatly appreciated Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Opinions please :0( Empty Re: Opinions please :0(

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 pm

I completely think they have this level of thinking. Daisy gets upset by any change and it affects his eating etc. When I went on holiday and he stayed at Jays he was a monster.

However if you are at all worried its worth a little trip to the vet, just to check her teeth etc are okay.

I hope that she is okay and that things settle down soon.

katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree with you, I've always thought she's capable of that kind of thinking. My o/h begs to differ tho No

She had a full health and teeth check in March and everything was fine then (actually, her being 10 yrs old, they are surprised she still has teeth! LOL) But we have the vet on Thursday anyway for VHD vax, so I will be running all this by them then.

I just couldn't wait till then, and I know you guys know what you are talking about Smile

We get into the new house 2nd week of June, so that'll be more stress for her Rolling Eyes but at least I'll be there with her.

Thanks again.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I think they are creatures of habit and changes of routine do unsettle them. Tonight my hubby was trying to get Wolfie to come to him for something to eat, but because I was in the compound, he stayed near me because he associates me with food.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 6:47 pm

And cos he wuvs you Nickie.... Laughing

You know her best hun, and I always say that if you feel something isnt quite right, go with your gut. x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 am

Sounds like she's stresses and unsettled, however, those are signals that need monitering - as they indicate some sort of pain, amongst other things, so I'd just keep an eye on her, and give her a few days to settle, see how she is.

Happy new Home Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content