Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sticky butts!

5 posters

Go down

Sticky butts! Empty Sticky butts!

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Foolish me! I gave all 3 a hand full of dandelion and herbs (the excell stuff) the day before yesterday, today all 3 have sticky poo's, yikes! Didnt mean to over do it, my their tummys are sensitive, im trying to fatten them up! Have bought some oats today to soak and let them try a bit, tried to get alfafa hay as they wont eat the bite things from pah (the girls have had a bit but rory doesnt like them) i read the post warning about imported alfafa from america- ill be damned if i can find alfafa that doesnt come from the states. Im going to weigh rory in a minute, he was 900grams last tuesday, who wants to guess what he is this wk? Roll up roll up, guess the weight of the ewok and u win a yrs subscription to 'beki's rants of happy hoppers', tis a much sought after prize ;-)
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Sticky butts! Empty Re: Sticky butts!

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Laughing Gawd, you make me laugh!!!

I have no clue, but fingers crossed it's up, up, up!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Well at least they enjoyed it now you are paying for it haha. A couple of mines are sensitive but one thing they love in a cold winter is I put a teabag in boiling water then put the tea leaves in a few hand fulls of oats and warm them up. Nice and tastey, fatty but with only a small amount of tea it doesnt bother their stomachs too much. Think its a really old style thing to do ....

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Well - what was the verdict? im hoping for a Kg at least!

Daisy wont eat those bite things either - in fact he wont eat anything that is supposed to be a "bunny treat" which i guess is a good thing - but id love to have something to bribe him with. Now if they packaged up bits of skirting board that might be more tempting.

Sorry to hear the dandi's etc disagreed with their little tums. bless them x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 pm

He is 1090 grams! Thats good going do u think? Thats a 20% of his body weight gain if my maths is any good! Ha! In ur face breeder lady with ur damn horse food, 10 days of a proper diet- im so chuffed! His poos are getting bigger and more round too, instead of misshaped black ones that pong, they are getting to be more like the girls. I have made bunny porridge for my beauty ewok tonight, soaked oats in boiling water and some pellets and alfafa cake - looks foul! Rory is far unimpressed and looked at me as if to say 'what the heck is this slop? I eat grass u bonkers women, im a rabbit' we shall see if he gives it a go later when he has picked all the readigrass out of his hay and is feeling peckish!
Yasi and i have been home today as she isnt well, she laid on the sofa for a couple of hrs watching a film and rory slept on her. She had a pile of hay on a towel for him, and on the coffee table was her hot chocolate and rorys water bottle, she just holds it up for him and he will have a drink or butt it away if he doesnt want it! I must video him, im not delusional honestly, he is hilarious and so clever Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Smile Smile

The Ewok Sweepstake! Laughing Hope their tummies settle down.

Indie, I remember my mum talking about teabags mixed with oats. It must be a very old thing indeed. (Wolfie and Gloria were offered it once but just gave me a pained look, which said, 'Make with the proper food, slave!')
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Yayyyy for Rory! Well done little Guy.

It sounds like him and Yasi are the best of friends, how lovely is that. Bless his little snuggly heart!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down