Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilt

5 posters

Go down

Guilt Empty Guilt

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 am

As i sit here with full up rory sprawled across my lap, purring like a cat, i am thinking about how different he is to willow and felix. I hope the girls calm down post spay and as they get older as i feel guilty that he gets so much more affection. And even though i check the girls over every day, i would spot something wrong with rory quicker as he enjoys being fussed all over. Felix isnt too bad at being handled but willow is something else, i might try hypnosis on her! Are girls always like this? Who is more unusual, rory or willow?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Guilt Empty Re: Guilt

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:39 am

I dont think its a boy girl thing nesc. I think its a personality thing really.

You shouldnt feel guilty, the girls, esp. willow, has chosen not to be a cuddle bun, wheras Rory loves it. My boy allows me to provide nose rubs and sometimes if i lay on the floor he will lay next to me - but thats it. No further touching is allowed - and even then, it is only when he is in the mood!

Things will be better post spay too when they can all live together and then things will even out a bit because they will all be together.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Smile had the girls in one at a time today, the weather is yuk here, rain rain rain. They have really grown, they dont fit on my kitchen scales now so no idea what they weigh now! Had a really good play and fuss of felix, she is a gem, and even willow was very compliant on letting me brush in all her nooks and cranny's! Rory is easier to pick up and cuddle, but its easier to stand the girls up and get to their bellys, and get to their bums- if i morphed the 3 together i would have a super rabbit hybrid, perfect bunny in everyway! Love em love em, love em all Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Thistle is a lot more cuddly than Luna, he's always been like that since I got him...you can touch anywhere on him for example under his chin and he doesn't mind at all. Luna...you can only touch her head and back, she's always been a bit temperamental and is a pain to pick up. Although thistle is a bit squirmy to start off with you can hold him for a lot longer. One of them grooms me when I'm half asleep in bed...but I'm not sure who it is yet! Anyway, my point was going to be that I really think it is down to personality like Katie said and probably individual experiences of that bun, which in a way is a great thing as if all the buns were the same the stories wld be very boring as we'd all be saying the same things Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapereau Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm

In my experience it is a little more likely for boys to be cuddly but I have had cuddly girls and I have two boys who hate to be touched. It is probably mostly down to their individual personalities.
I agree you shouldn't feel guilty, you are giving affection to the bun who wants it, the girls sound as though they are quite independent and are probably just as happy having less contact. My less affectionate bunnies prefer to be left alone so by not bothering them I am making them happy Very Happy
Lapereau
Lapereau
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Ah thanks guys, that has made me feel better - infact I have spent so much time wandering around putting things away at home with Rory in my arms, I am struggleing at work without him today, there is something missing under my chin, my own fluffy hot water bottle! Love
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 pm

I have bunnies that hated to be handled when we first got them and they are so much better now, and I have buns I know will never ever let me cuddle them although I'd love to.

I certainly wouldn't feel guilty if I was you.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Chudleigh flint?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Chudleigh flint?

Oh Chudleigh Flint is a tiger!! he is an absolute monkey to try and pick up he will lunge for your hand and if he can bite you he will, but that makes us want to pick him up all the more to reassure him that we are not going to hurt him and we hold him and tickle him and stroke him and make it all something that he hopefully one day will think 'hey it's ok to be handled' but it takes time Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down