Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your buns story

+9
LilyGrace
NickieM
Ruffin
Jay
Becki
JoeyBunsMum
KatieB
SarahJane
Felix&Willow
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your buns story Empty Your buns story

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm

So those of u that are on here frequently will know the story of felix and willow, and my recent quest that brought me rory the marvelous! There are so many bunnys on this forum who are all enjoying a great life thanks to their passionate and well informed humans, though i know for many this hasnt always been the case, and that many were rescued in some way or another. I have loved hearing the storys of rescue buns- tuckerbunnies cloud, helen and baby saint have really stuck in my mind. I realise i dont know the stories of the others members buns, and would love to hear them? Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Your buns story Empty Re: Your buns story

Post by SarahJane Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

I'll start! Smile

Jelly was my first bun, I was with an ex boyfriend at the time and the day before I said i wanted a rabbit, the next day we bought Jelly from a garden centre. Nippy, licky, little baby Jelly Love that was 2006!!

The next day I went to PAH to get her some things as we had nothing. She didnt have a name yet. Went into the shop and there was a little brown and white lop being chased, and he came home with us!

I didnt think they could live together so they lived seperately. back then I didnt think of the bigger picture, and they had babies. I didnt think of it in a negative way, I saw it as positive, they were so loved. Looking back of course it was ridiculous! All buns went to people I knew, but Domino stayed.

After that I joined another forum and realised the truth about rescues. Peanut and Jelly were neutered/spayed and were a happy pair Love . But of course now I had Domino.

So off to the RSPCA we went and adopted Pebbles, then called Melissa. that was 2007!

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I am prob going to bore the Hoppers with this story AGAIN!

My boss said his buns had had buns and was giving them away to anyone in the office who would take one. Being completely uneducated about buns I took a gorgeous little girl, that I named Daisy. Not knowing any better We popped her into a hutch outside in her garden that was far too small, although she was in the house with us free ranging whenever we were at home.

Worry not though hoppers.....she was only out there for about 2 weeks. It was chilly out there you see, and hubster and I had a bit of an arguement about whether she should go back outside. He said - Bunnes live outside and thats that! And with that he tucked my baby under his arm and opened the back door, no sooner had he done it that he about turned and came back in and announced......"oh no - she's not going out there its ******* freezing!!"

So from that Day my gorgeous bundle of fluff was a house bun, no cage or iccle hutch but lots of space and lots of love.

It was only a short while after this that I discovered my pretty girl licking........oh dear, what is that she's licking??? I dont think girl bunnies have one of those!!!!!!!!!! The shock!

I've never told him of course....the shock of it all, and we pretend to him that there are lots of boy buns are called Daisy.... Im not sure if he believes me - perhaps thats why my skirtings and door frames and sofa and all the wires have taken such a beating???

I love him millions and millions and millions.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Aha lol! Lovely lovely thank u ladies! Gimme more gimme more!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Well after having two bunnies as a child (in olden lo-fi, days!) I had found myself wanting another as an adult for a few years.

So me and my OH walked into a branch of PAH last July of (this makes me cringe now) and 'rescued' our Barney. It took some getting used to having a bun hopping around the house Laughing

We had lots of hilarious antics which I still can't believe, but also had 7 months of ill health and vets visits. We lost him to a stomach tumour this Febuary at 9 months old (never typed all this so I'm getting a bit tearful)
We were both devsted, as it was a huge shock (this all happening within two weeks) but life just wasn't the same without a bun.

So after a lot of research, we got little Joey from a lady in Barnsley. He was incredibly shy and didnt' come out his cage/ for two weeks, and even the noise of opening a banana freaked him out. But slowly he has become more confident and happy (I hope!). It was amazing when he started binkying and finally exploring and running around the house (ableit on old sheets and rugs, he doesn't do tiled or laminate floors!) He is adorable, and to be fair he's quite a well behaved bun Very Happy
So that's our story in a nutshell

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Ah, so tragic to lose ur beloved bun so young Smile Joey sounds like a real sweety - hearing how other buns are so timid is a new concept to me, all my 3 are very confident, even rory - amazing considering what he has been through, little champ he is gush gush! My girlies dont do slippery floor, rory doesnt care Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Rhia was in this fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgDTCJ3D1ss She survived & so became my girl. I absolutely worship her, I have never known a rabbit quite like it.

Dylan...I found across the road from my house!? Her guardian angel was looking out for her that day!! Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow! Amazing stories for them both! Dylan certainly picked the right house! U have reminded me that about 2 yrs ago there was a rabbits outside my house, we tried to catch it and failed, i called the rspca who came with a net while i was at work. My daughter had asked if we could keep it and i remember saying 'it isnt ours yasmin, and it will have very upset owners who will be ringing the rspca to see if it has been found, u cant just keep other peoples pets who have escaped' - little did i know! Im not so sure bunny escaped now, doh! Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Fantastic thread and storis, I forget, although I already know most of these Smile

Stew bear was a hobo - we're not sure how he ended up on the streets of Coventry at 5 week sold, but he somehow survived, was picked up by a lady who handed him to the RSPCA< who gave him to Jane Dexter's rescue.

He arrived there the day that Bertie died - so I think he was destined to come here.

When we went to see him, he was hopping around the barn, taking the p out of all the other buns, so I knew he was right for us Smile

He's a bit like a ghost of Bertie in a way, which is sometimes comforting, and sometimes not.

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Taking the pee out of other rabbits, lol! What a character Smile how did u come across the famous bertie jay?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Felix&amp;Willow wrote:Ah, so tragic to lose ur beloved bun so young Smile Joey sounds like a real sweety - hearing how other buns are so timid is a new concept to me, all my 3 are very confident, even rory - amazing considering what he has been through, little champ he is gush gush! My girlies dont do slippery floor, rory doesnt care Smile

Yes, it was gutting, I still can't believe it sometimes. Joey is a darling (although he has chewed the table legs, so he does have his moments) and having such a timid bun was a bit of a shock for us too, as Barney was like a tasmainian devil! Jumping on worktops, bounding up stairs, destroying everything in his path and he didn't give two hoots about the floor Laughing

Rory sounds a little babe. I think it's an amazing thing when you build up trust with one of these furballs.

Great to read how everyone met their buns.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Becki wrote:Rhia was in this fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgDTCJ3D1ss She survived & so became my girl. I absolutely worship her, I have never known a rabbit quite like it.

Dylan...I found across the road from my house!? Her guardian angel was looking out for her that day!! Laughing

Goodness I didnt know this!

Its destiny you know that you rescued both!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 pm

[b]Our first Bunn Jake we got from a garden centre and prob quite nieve with a starter pack a three foot hutch a bowl and some grub. I hadnt got the heart to put the hutch outside it gets cold at nites and he was very tiny he stayed in the hutch during the day and had a run about for an hour at nites. Unfortunatly a week later Ann was taken into hospital and after visiting I let Jake out for his evening wreking the place come to put him back in the hutch no way was he going back after a sturn talking to whilst he was hidden behind the soffa and probably sticking a paw up at me I agreed to let him stay out I had never before this heard of a house bunn after that his what would seem tiny hutch was only ever used as a toilet.
When my Jake passed away I said never again I gets to attached to pets then I saw Ruffin who needed a good home she had been abused and had to be seperated and had been kept in a pet carrier she still will not mix or tolerate anouther rabbit anywhere neer her. Now she is spoilt and has the run of the house and is on the mend following her recent illness.
The Crazy gang Jazz Fizz and Daisy the Guinea Pig (Male and confused) jazz and Fizz were rescue Bunns Jazz had been found wandering whether he was abandoned nobody knows but he is so inquisative as soon as I open the hut door he is out into the garage which makes me wonder if he got out of a previouse home and upsets me to think somone may have been greiving for him. Fizz was half starved and the vets didnt think she would make it that probably accounts for her apitite eat everything including the shed. Daisy was with my daughters other guiniea pig when she started getting rather fat ooppss daisys a boy so I took him in he now thinks he is a bunny. Sorry to go on but thats my story Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 pm

This is a fabulous thread!

This is an amazing story Rob. Just shows how easily these buns steal you!

I really do think Daisy thinks he is a bunny too. I have a real soft spot for him x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Ah wow! Great story! A guinea pig that thinks he is a rabbit lol! I know zilch about guinea pigs, though i knew zilch about rabbits untill 4 mnths ago! Willow and felix are 5 mnths old today, feels like i have had them forever Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:41 pm

[b]They certanly take over just somthing about them for me we allways had cats before lots of them all rescue cats the only one we have left now Minto was nearly dead from cat flue that was twenty years ago and apart from having her opp she has never been to the vets since. I love cats but they hunt for no reason bunns are so peacfull and playfull think your rite Kate they have stollen my heart
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm

In 2006 a whole new world opened for me. When I was a child, we had had a rabbit called Tinker. She was a mahoooosive NZ White and we were all terrified of her. She was a grumpy cantankerous monster of a rabbit who chased the cats and any stray children stupid enough to set foot in 'her' garden. I now know that Tinker just needed to be neutered and feel guilty about all the things that we never did for her which she probably needed. She eventually battered her way out of her hutch with a Fray Bentos tin (which we used as her feed dish) and disappeared to terrorise the local rabbit - and cat - population. Even the postie was scared of her as she nipped his ankles a couple of times. Laughing

Not surprisingly, the thought of having anything to do with rabbits after that was not really on the agenda! Laughing

However, in 2006, a friend with a bunny noticed how much my youngest son loved being with their bun. Unknown to me, she was on the point of splitting up with her husband and needed a home for Holly. I took her for Christopher who was 12. Once the bunny arrived, I simply had no idea what to do for her. I hit the internet and that is where is found a whole wonderful world out there. Fife Rabbit Rescue was the first site that I found and I got some brilliant help from them.

Holly was joined by Wolfgang in April 2007 as she was lonely. They hit it off straight away and were really happy until July 2007 when Holly suddenly died because of my ignorance about fly strike and what to look out for. It was a steep learning curve.

This left Wolfgang very lonely. He had come from the SSPCA Rescue Centre in Inverness and was originally born right up in Wick (as far as you can go). OH called him Ratbit and a legend was born. He was a sparky wee chap and really missed his pal.

However, in August 2007 while we were down south at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, we popped into Dundee SSPCA and brought home Gloria. Naturally, they HATED each other. Both wanted to be boss and eventually they joined forces and they made our lives so eventful. They were always up to stuff, escaping and really did egg each other on.

Felix arrived as a stray in January 2008. He was only going to stay till I got him to the SSPCA. But a weepy eye and problem teeth made me think that he might have problems getting a home so I kept him. Latterly, he lived with Wolfie and they seemed to have managed to tolerate each other rather than be very very much in love as Wolfs and Globags had been.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 am

Loving reading these stories! Unfortunately mine isn't very interesting....Early last year we were going to get some degus and me being uneducated at the time was looking in petshops for an animal. We went to P@H and saw a lop rabbit in the adoption/rehoming section and decided we wanted her, but they didn't have any indoor cages big enough that day so we said we'd go back the next day...well she wasn't there and in her place was Luna (then called Pumpkin and thought to be a boy) we took her home...renamed *him* Morpheus...and as I learnt more and more about them and lurked on here a bit but didn't join, I worked out she was a girl after she made a nest one day and then we changed her name! I still hadn't joined HH...but had read up about rabbits and realised Luna needed a friend...I ended up getting Thistle from a breeders Embarassed which I'm quite ashamed about now, but I didn't know much different at the time - although I don't regret it because I love him to pieces! He's such a character....Luna is now 1 and Thistle must be coming up to a year now too Smile.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodie Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 am

Wonderful stories of rescues and rehomings.. I love it. Smile

Well.. I have worked at the RSPCA for just over three years (I work as Marketing Coordinator) and in that time I have managed to stick with just my beautiful parrot Henry - no new additions.

In October of last year, a large nunmber of rabbits came in through the Inspectorate (around 50 or 60 I think it was). They had been kept in an apartment, and were breeding out of control. They were filthy.

I decided to stop in at the Shelter to say hello to all the bunnies the day after they arrived, and immediately spotted a teeny tiny ball of fluff, looking very dirty, and as it turns out, extremely skinny.

At only 4 or 5 weeks old it was hard to determine the sex, but based on looks, I decided my beautiful bunny was a girl, and named her Pippa.

Now, Pippa was to stay with me for around four weeks while she gained weight and could be desexed and adopted. For company, I decided to also take Pippa's brother, a gorgeous dark grey boy who looked almost blue! I named him Hunter.

Once we took Pippa out and let her have a run around, it became apparent her back leg was injured. After some xrays, we found her femur was completely snapped in half and the two pieces of bone were parallel. The poor thing! She was so thin and frail, we didn't think she'd survie the surgery.

Obviously by this stage I am already head over heels in love and offered to pay for the specialist leg surgery. The RSPCA was amazing. They took care of her leg, and then said I could become her permanent carer, as she would not be suitable for adoption due to ongoing problems with her leg.

Somehow, the little thing survived, no, she thrived!

It was also around this time that my 'rabbit gender judging abilities' were called in to question - it turns out Hunter, my boisterous little boy, was in fact a girl. SHE remained Hunter.

And, with a terrible strike rate, it also turned out my fluffy Pippa was a boy. Clearly I had no idea. A name like Pippa just wouldn't do for a boy, and my little man was renamed Harley!

Due to the awful start Harley had, he took a long time to catch up to Hunter in size and weight, and she was soon ready to be desexed. I told the team at work that along with Harley, I would also like to adopt Hunter.

Unfortunately, beautiful Hunter died during her desexed surgery. I was devastated.

Since then Harley has come leaps and bounds. He is now eight months old, and as you've seen, a gorgeous, gorgeous boy. They believe his leg injury was due to rough handling, as some of the other bunnies had the same type of injuries, so it took him a little while to learn to trust humans. But now, he bounds around the house (a full time indoor bun) and comes when called, uses his litter tray, loves chasing the dog, and absolutely loves a cuddle.

I am so thankful I visited the Shelter that day!
Jodie
Jodie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 am

Such great stories! It is comforting to know that u guys didnt know what u were doing to start with either. When i took felix and willow, i only started looking stuff up as i had heard 'tall tales' of house rabbits, and wanted to know how to litter train them, this of course opened up a whole new thinking on rabbit care and welfare. I had a rabbit as a child who i loved called mrs tiggy winkle, i was about ten and obsessed with animals and wanted to be a vet. She lived in a small hutch and i had a lead for her to walk her around the garden (i know i know- this 1989), the mesh on her hutch was chicken wire and a rat got in and we think scared her to death. About 13 yrs ago i had 2 male dwarf lops, alvin and theodore, who were never neutured or jabbed of course, i had them about a yr before i moved into a flat without a garden- a friends autistic son had been helping me with their care and loved them so i gave them to him and they lived to be 6 and 8- not bad considering! When yasi was 3 i bought a hutch run combo and another dwarf lop called ruby. I have always loved the idea of having rabbits, though didnt know what i was doing with them. Ruby was quite difficult to handle, i now know that getting her spayed would have helped! Yasi used to sit in the run with her and hand feed her, i have photos of this somewhere i will have to dig them out. Well after we had had ruby about 2 yrs we saw a fox in our garden, we chased it away and checked on ruby and she seemed fine. When i went to check on her the nxt day she was dead. The fox hadnt got to her, i dont know if it scared her so much she went in stasis, or whether something else was wrong with her that i wouldnt have had the knowledge to notice.
So when i heard through the grape vine that friends rabbits had had 2 litters one after the other i said absolutley not. Im not having another rabbit i cant handle, sat alone in a hutch in the peeing rain, freezing my butt of cleaning it out. Then i saw willow Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 am

Felix&amp;Willow wrote:It is comforting to know that u guys didnt know what u were doing to start with either.
I can't believe how much I didn't know, and still thought it was ok to bring a bunny home Embarassed Just shows how brilliant a good forum is for sharing experiences etc. Smile

These stories are amazing, it's incredible that these rabbits can survive such ordeals, I think I'll link this thread in the next edition of HM Thumbs Up

Felix&amp;Willow wrote: how did u come across the famous bertie jay?
We'd decided to get a bun, had read a few books and talked to some people. I was in a local (non supermarket) pet shop looking at the prices of indoor cages, and in the corner was a big glass aquarium with this terrified but beautiful bun in it. There were children pointing at him, and he had nowhere to hide. It was awful, and he was adult size, so not that appealing to the youngsters. I asked the shop assistant about him, and he'd been brough in that morning by a bloke who effectively dumped him on the pet shop, saying that he'd bitten on of his kids. He was about 6 months old, and had been passed around the family - I think it was 3 homes he'd had already. The assistant was gonna take him home if no-one wanted him. He was quite aggressive, but actually he was just terrified. I reserved him, then we went and collected him the next day. For over a year, he wouldn't let us even touch him. We took him to a resuce to try and bond him, and it was then that things changed.

He was really scared of the other rabbits, and ran over to me for comfort, put his paws on my knee, and reached up for a cuddle. after that, we were allowed into his world Smile About a year later, he got really sick, was misdiagnosed, and treated for a compaction, for weeks, that he never had. Really though we were gonna loose him. I'd just met Anne McB and she suggested we take him to see John Chitty, who diagnosed him with arthritis in his spine. It's likely that he was either dropped as a baby, or kept in accommodation that he couldn't stand up in.

Anne's intervention lead to him becoming a star really, she taught me so much about enrichment and training, and he lapped it up. I never thought it possible that such a terrified animal could be won over. I learned so much from him, and that carries on in the bear Smile

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 am

Sat in my car outside the school waiting for the traffic to subside, boo-ing like a 5 yr old. I saw that photo of u and bertie when u took him to bond him on another thread. Really inspirational, honestly. Rory and felix are easy peasy, willow is hard hard work- but i adore her, and berties story makes me realise that 4 mnths is no time at all (and of course we also count down the wks untill she can be spayed, 4 to go). It must of ripped u apart when u lost bertie Sad Though as u say, it continues on it stewie, who i now picture as the artfull dodger, young street bun, ducking and diving to survive, picking a pocket or two, taking the pee out of the rest of faigans gang Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 am

It did rip us apart - I was really shocked at just how much it affected us both. The place was so quiet, and it felt like we'd lost a really good friend. We were three, and then two. It all happened so suddenly, within 36 hours, he went from being perfectly fine, to hopping off to the bridge. His ashes are in a pot with a Lavender in it, and I talk to him every day Smile Sad - welling up now...
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

This is a lovely thread, Im absolutely loving reading all your stories! In truth, It was Ruby who chose me rather than the other way around! It all started with a picture txt from Charlotte (catswhiskas) with the words 'Whassat you say?'
Your buns story Roo_an11
Ruby was a rescue bun who Charlotte was fostering, she was part of a litter who came in with her again pregnant mum. Charlotte had put her in with old man chance hoping that she may help him keep his eyes clean. She lived happily with him for a while but was all in all a bit useless as far as helping chance with his eyes Laughing
I instantly fell in love with her from the pic, she looked brown, like a wildie! I proceeded to tell Charlotte how much I would love a house bun, but in my heart I didnt think it was fair, after all I live in flat and have no easy access to a garden! Charlotte advised me otherwise, she knows what im like with my animals, they are my babies, spoilt rotten and treated like humans, given free run of the house pretty much most of the time! I think in all honesty she knew how much living with a bunny would benefit both myself and Ruby roo! I talked it over with my OH, and after alot of research into housing, healthcare, insurance, cost etc...I thought, Yeah I think I could do this. So I frantically txt Charlotte asking her if she could reserve Ruby for me (bear in mind I hadnt even met ruby at this point) she agreed! That night I went to bed, but my mind kept spinning with questions like, am I doing the right thing?, can I really handle the commitment?, am I just getting a bunny because theres no parent there to say 'No yer not 'avin one!' Was I just being a soilt brat? I pretty much talked myself out of the whole idea and went to work the next day absolutely heart broken. People at work knew something was wrong, but I could hardly tell them I was sneaking off to the ladies to have a cry cos I can't have a bunny Embarassed I sobbed as I txt Charlotte when I got home, telling her that I was having second thoughts, and that I really wanted her but I just wasnt 100% Crying or Very sad Charlotte was really understanding, and reassured me that I wasnt letting Ruby down, and that she would find her forever home soon enough...I cried myself to sleep that night. The next day was the 23rd of Dec, and I had arranged with Charlotte to go round and do my little Santa claus bit and drop off the presents. When I got there, she told me how Ruby was in the other room with Chance, and said how she would understand if I didnt want to see her, she knew how upset I was that I wasnt able to adopt her...But me being me, I had to see her, and that was when it all happened! She wasnt brown at all, she was a silver chinchilla lop cross, and with her one ear up, one down look she had goin on, she looked just like Thumper, she was stunning! Love I had wanted a bunny that looked like Thumper since I was a child, yes because of the Bambi, I know not the best reason to want a rabbit Rolling Eyes I knealt down on the floor to give Ruby and Chance some nosey rubs, and when I did so, Ruby licked my hand and started to dig at my legs, to which Charlotte narrated in an enquiring tone "Mama?" From that moment I was smitten, I grinned at Charlotte with tears in my eyes...'I want to take her home Charlotte, seriously!' And the next day on christmas eve, I did!
Your buns story 100_0810
Truthfully I had absolutely no idea what I was letting myself in for, but we would cope, that much I did know! It was the best decision I have ever made, Roo is an amazing character and in a very short space of time I have already forgotten what life was like without her, its like she has aways been here! And as for all my worries and concerns prior to getting her, they have completely faded into oblivion! I dont even remember what I was so worried about! Very Happy

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Such amazing stories.

Ruby roo is such an amazing bun, you really did do something special with her x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next