Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please shed some light on why my baby rabbit has died :'(

+7
NickieM
Tuckerbunnies
jolovesbunnies
Jay
Felix&Willow
KatieB
Katiekoo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

please shed some light on why my baby rabbit has died :'( - Page 2 Empty Re: please shed some light on why my baby rabbit has died :'(

Post by kobikiki Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your bun, and sorry this is quite late to be replying but thought I'd just share my experience as a similar thing happened to me, I was due to get a brother and sister, however the sister at 6 weeks took a turn for the worse and her muscles stopped developing, i was told she was still eating and drinking as normal but the weight wasnt going on because of her muscles and then she rapidly deteriorated. It just sounds like a very similar case that can happen in young buns.

I bet Alfie is keeping you entertained and giving you lots of love Smile x
kobikiki
kobikiki
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

please shed some light on why my baby rabbit has died :'( - Page 2 Empty Re: please shed some light on why my baby rabbit has died :'(

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey lovely,

I'm so sorry about gorgeous little Louie, I've been through what you have.
I got my first buns Tigger and Nelly at 8 weeks old, like you I didn't adopt. Little Nelly passed at 12 weeks old, I saw absolutely nothing that could have shown she was ill, I think it really is just one of those things as the others have said before, some are just born weaker than others.

Tigger is very strong willed and she will be 1 in September! So I think your little Alfie will be just like her. She had lots of extra cuddles while she was alone and she was perfectly happy. I waited 3 months and then got her spayed at 6 months old, then as soon as she was ready I took her to a rescue and had her bonded with a lovely little boy called Jeeves.

Lots of love to you and Alfie, I know this is late compared to when you posted but I've been AWOL. I'm always here to help!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Oh I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better as I remember reading your thread about Louie and seeing the photo of him and just sobbing as it just seemed so unfair. Hugs
I'm glad Alfie is ok that's good news Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiekoo Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Thankyou so much for your replies. It's been an awful time losing him made worse by the breeder trying to blame me so she didn't have to give refund. She offered me another baby but I said I'd rather adopt when Alfie is older. And just an update on Alfie, he's doing great! Absolutely full of life and a little terror at times lol I'm so pleased with him. Love him so much. Everyone on here was so helpful, another thankyou!

Xxx
Katiekoo
Katiekoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 am

Awwwww I'm so glad your little guy is doing so well. Thank you for popping by to let us know x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Glad to hear you're both OK Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I am glad you are feeling better love, we all know what you have been through.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2