Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free range rory

+3
KatieB
NSD
Felix&Willow
7 posters

Go down

Free range rory Empty Free range rory

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 am

I have built up rorys free range time and space over the last 3 wks, he now has the run of down stairs when i am here. Litter training is much improved, and after periscoping yesterday for the first time, we now have the bunny 500 and high athletic binkys! Im filming it but i dont have my lap top at home, will post asap Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Free range rory Empty Re: Free range rory

Post by NSD Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

Oh that sounds wonderful! Free range bunnies are the best if you can manage to bunny-proof your house sufficiently. It's fantastic that Rory is enjoying himself so much, looking forwsrd to the videos Smile
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Smile the bun proofing i have done was for willow super stealth and high jump cable chewer- so far Rory isnt capable of the amazing athletics willow and felix are. Though he has really progressed and when he jumps on the sofa and ruins the one cushion that hasnt yet been wee'd on i will forgive him Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Such really lovely news - he is obviously a really happy bun and just needed some time to realise he is able to do these things.

Give them all some nose rubs from me x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 am

Isn't it lovely to see your instinct pay off! He is now a happy thriving bun because of you x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 am

Very Happy It's wonderful when you can give them the freedom you know they want and deserve, well done, Rory will love it I'm sure x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 pm

What a marvellous life that wee guy is going to have. You're an angel for sticking with him and making sure you got him. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Ah, thank u, that so nice of u to say so x He is yummy, we love him to bits, i could quite easily put him in my jumper and take him to work with me, he is so cuddly, beautifull little ewok. Im so glad to have him, and glad for him that he didnt end up with a rubbish life. 2 mnths after going to see the local bunny rescue, and the women chatting my ear off for 2hrs, they have emailed me back finally- saying that they have had an offer from 'a rabbit savvy experianced home checker' and dont need me to volunteer for them. Apparently i am welcome to rattle tins outside tescos. Feel its a really pants response when what i offered was a whole range of things, from scrubbing cages to being used as an over flow, or even a taxi. I know it wasnt a personality thing, the women didnt pause for breath - maybe her husband (20 or more yrs my senior) thought i might seduce him in the hay ha ha! He is a bit strange and couldnt look me in the eye. I am so busy with work and yasmin, and my own buns, they dont know how much enthusiasm i have to help, to my own great sacrifice- yet they dont want it Sad i may not be experianced and knowledgable, and rabbit savvy, but i would learn, and i dont need a masters in rabbit care to scrub cages. Stuff 'em, i have my own rescue going on, it may be small, but my rabbits have more space, and more attention than theirs- so up ya bum Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am

I would think any bunny that came to live with you would have a fantastic life as you look after your rabbits so well. What a wonderful life Rory has now and I'm so glad that you gave him a happy and loving forever home.....now can I have him Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:02 am

Its a shame we dont livdm near each other or u could have joint custody! I could give u all 3 when i go away, it would be like a health spa for them- better than a vet check, u could train them up for me! I could volunteer for u and mike and pick ur knowledgeable brains in the process!
Goodness knows how i am going to be able to go away at any point, there is no one that i know that would be willing or able to look after them like i do. The local bunny rescue do rabbit boarding, but they have quite small cages and seperate outdoor runs - they dont have the luxury pads u do, willow would go nuts around all those rabbits in close proximity, and quite frankly i am that pee'd off they mucked me around for 2 mnths, i wouldnt want them to look after my rabbits. I had better start searching for bunny boarding and find a good one for future reference. My friend clare could have a key and would come in a couple of times a day for me, but i cant see her bum checking and grooming willow, or rory for that matter! Its alot of work looking after these 3, how u do 21 i have no idea!
No holidays for us this year planned anyway Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:25 pm

I vant believe they turned you down! What are they thinking?

I know what you mean about the holiday thing. Luckily when we went away last year we Jay had Daisy, which was a weight off my mind. I would only really trust another hopper with him.

If I were nearer i would have looked after them for you x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:23 pm

The more i think about it, the more i think it is odd. When i visited his wife was really keen- she told me there were 5 buns waitiing to come in, and that they needed an over flow. That there were 2 buns at the vets with no where to go. I had said i could always take on a bunny, or a pair, or a doe and babies temporarily. She said they have people call who want rid of their rabbit immediatley, and if they are full they have to turn them away. This must increase the risk of a bunny being dumped or neglected, so why would they not want someone as a back up? I may be inexperianced, but come on, whats best for the rabbit involved, me or being dumped?! If there was a bun who needed special care they could of given me a well bunny to care for to free up room for the bun who needed experianced hands. They have a very low rehoming rate, partly i think because their website isnt up to date, they dont use any forums- and it seems they like to keep hold of any with dental problems as they are difficult to rehome. Oh we
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down