Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbye Louis ;(

+8
Velvet.Tears
Thumper2001
Katiekoo
Catsknickers
NickieM
Jay
KatieB
Duncan13
12 posters

Go down

Goodbye Louis ;(  Empty Goodbye Louis ;(

Post by Duncan13 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't know it would happen this fast. Louis and another white bunny were brought home with us on April 9th, this year. Ever since the beginning, it was a hard job taking care of them. The white bun died of pneumonia a week later, while Louis made a narrow recovery at the vets. Shortly after coming home from vacation, we noticed that Louis had a number of scabs and dry spots on her body and near her eyes. After another trip to the vets, I started treating her with medicine for her skin disease. After two months, she finally made a full recovery. A week ago, I noticed that her vagina was very swollen and had blood. Again, a trip to the vets. The vet prescribed some ointment for her, and said that it was not a large concern. The swelling went away in two days. Then, on June 14th, the swelling started again. I assumed it was not a huge deal, since the swelling went down the first time. I also gave her some ointment. It wasn't until the morning of June 15th (Wednesday), that I noticed that something was definitely wrong. She had stopped eating. Her vaginal area was bleeding heavily, and she had also almost no poop in the litter box. I took her to the vet in the afternoon. The vet took an X-ray and other multiple tests. She saw in the X-ray that Louis had a bloated stomach, with some blockage.Then she preformed surgery on Louis' vagina, where she released fluids and pushed in the intestines that were coming out. Crying or Very sad Louis received a number of stitches. A cone collar thing was put on her (which she didn't like at all). I was given these fluids to syringe feed Louis with, and she was also given some shot to boost her system. That night, Louis only drank a third of the prescribed amount of fluids. After a restless night, I woke to find Louis, in a much weaker state. I picked her up, and I saw that she had diarrhea. She also hadn't eaten, or drunk anything. I tried syringe feeding her, but it didn't work, and it just dribbled down into her fur. She had stayed in one place for the whole night, and eaten nothing. Her stomach was stained with poop. I went downstairs to mail a letter, then went back up to get her carrier for the vets. When I got back, she had fallen down. She died a short while later, on June 16th, 2011. I cried and cried. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Although I've only been with Louis for a little more than two months,it was an amazing two months. We had originally renamed her to Safari after finding out that "Louis" was female, but we were so used to Louis that we kept on calling her that. I loved the way she would drink from her bottle, I loved her little pink tongue, though I never got a picture. She was eager to explore, and wouldn't nibble on anything in the room. She was a very strong bun, and always seemed alright, even when she wasn't. Her life was very unfair, but I'm just glad that I saved her from a terrible pet market, and although her friend didn't make it, she did. I will remember her always. RIP Louis. ;(

Goodbye Louis ;(  P1040239
Duncan13
Duncan13
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Louis ;(  Empty Re: Goodbye Louis ;(

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm so sorry duncan this is very very sad news. You did everything you could for her, and although her life was short, she was happy and loved with you. She will be with her friend now free from pain.

Sleep tight beautiful Louis x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm so sorry Duncan, poor you and Louis. You've not had much luck at all. I hope that you'll take the experience you've learned and help another bun or two in the future, you clearly care a lot about them, and have done everything you can to help these two, and they had a wonderful, short life with you. Sadly, their conditions were out of your reach.

Sleep tight Louis Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:31 pm

So sorry to hear this Duncan. What a terrible time you have had and you are still just a youngster yourself. I have been absolutely amazed at your maturity and the love and care you gave this two buns. Although their lives with you were short, they were filled with love and happiness and for this you should be very proud. xx Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 pm

So sorry to hear this Duncan, I know how much you cared for them. Binky free sweet bunnies Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiekoo Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:20 pm

:'( so sorry. RIP Louis, you're so beautiful and were lucky to have such caring owners xxx
Katiekoo
Katiekoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 pm

You had such a battle with this little one. Such a shame you lost her so soon Sad Poor little girl. Binky free Louis.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:47 pm

I am so sorry darling.

Hugs

Jo xx