Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites?

5 posters

Go down

Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites? Empty Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites?

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Brought Marley in for some snuggles and healthy treats tonight and i joked to mum that it looked like someone had took the scissors to his ears - the hair, not his skin! It was all jagged, if you know what i mean? Hmmm I looked closer and picked at the funny looking bits and they were all loose, coming out in little bitty clumps.

They do chase each other occasionally, i noticed they were doing it this morning before work. Anyway, i checked his ears as i know how nippy Dolly can be. He was fine, but the way the hair is coming out is just weird.

All i can think is that theyve been having a bit of a hooha!...then ear mites popped into my head, its only around the edges though.

Any thoughts/ideas? Wave Unless theres a chance it could be ear mites, im not really worried, its just weird!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites? Empty Re: Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites?

Post by KatieB Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:01 pm

how odd. Could it be part of a moult?

I dont really know how ear-mites worked but I assumed that they were further into the ear.

Its a funny place for her to be pulling it out of though too...

How is he today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites? Empty Re: Have Marley and Dolly been fighting/fur pulling? U/D mites?

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Katieb wrote:how odd. Could it be part of a moult?

I dont really know how ear-mites worked but I assumed that they were further into the ear.
Its a funny place for her to be pulling it out of though too...

How is he today?

Either do i, it was just an after thought. Its just the same this morning, i cant see anything further down his ears, and hes not scratching or anything. It must just be his moult! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Moult's do srange things! Stewie's having one at the mo, and he keeps flicking his head around..
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Mine both have these tufty bits of hair atm, Luna has it all over her dewlap, she looks ridiculous but refuses to let me help her out...perhaps she likes the scruffy look. Thistle has it on his back and is much more agreeable and lets me groom him properly.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

If Marley had ear mites you would know about it as he would constantly be scratching at his ears.

We have a few with heavy moults at the moment and Kenzo's fur comes out in chunks and can be quite scary to see but he's ok. Moulting can also make bunnies quite ill and depressed, a lot of people don't realise that. Think this could be why Kenzo is so down at the moment.

What colour is Marley if he is the white bunny has he been sat in the sun at all as he may have sunburn on the end of his ears.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Marley is the first bunny in my Sig, with red eye - stupid camera!

He has been moulting for a while, and his bum and sides are always tufty, he just lets me pull these out, but ive never seen his ears. They arent really tufty, they just look wonky Laughing

Ahh well, not to worry. Im sure hes fine! Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:39 pm

how are his ears now??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 pm

I think it was just him finishing his moult! Embarassed Laughing Thanks for asking, Katie Smile xx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down