Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quality Time

+9
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Karen1980
Ruffin
SarahJane
AprilGirl
Catsknickers
Jay
KatieB
13 posters

Go down

Quality Time Empty Quality Time

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:07 am

Me and the boy have an hour every morning just us.

Sometimes its in the garden and I watch him binky around like this morning and I dont want to leave.

Sometimes im just sat in his rug while he climbs all over me.

Sometimes he can't be bothered with me and goes under his sofa looking out as if to say "Im in no mood for you today woman" so I grab the laptop and sit there anyway in the hope he will change his mind.

Sometimes Im even allowed to rub the royal nose, or he will snuggle up to my side. Love

We have evening time too - but more often than not he is a daddy's boy or is too busy being busy or naughty to notice either of us.

But the mornings - they are spesh - me and my little guy - all the worry and stress, all the stasis, the illness and the depleating bank account, all the sulks - its all worth it for an hour with my Daisy B x

Do you have special bunny time?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Quality Time Empty Re: Quality Time

Post by Jay Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:03 am

Aww that's lovely Love and sounds very spesh indeed Smile

Paul gets up earlier than I do, he gets his own brekky ready, then gets Stewie's, lets him in and they eat together, watching Daybreak! I get up just before he leaves, and the Me n the Bear have an hour or so, playing chase, chewing sticks, doing tricks, and having massages etc. He usually does the 500 for 10 mins as well.

I really like the evenings though, when we're all sat out on the blacony together, and Stewie just hops around, going between us for cuddles Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 am

We have time when i am out in the garden, sitting together having nosey rubs and treats. That is at least a few times a aday.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

Aww the special times with your bun's sounds lovely.
Shadow's very affectionate, he demands cuddles and strokes every time I'm in the same room as him, as soon as I enter his space he's there at the end of the rug waiting for a head and ear rub.
"Our" time tends to be in the evening when it's quiet here, kids in bed, I sit on the floor and Shadow circles me for a while grunting as he goes then he settles between my legs for a marathon full body massage/ear rub/face massage, he teef purrs none stop only stopping to give me a groom when he thinks I deserve it!
I've got a picture of the last time he full flopped out with me, it was lovely as he wasn't well and like a child when they're not well he just wanted to be close to his Mummy!
E x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 am

I love watching my three run about the bunny garden, for me thats what its all about. They are normally in there for about an hour, sometimes more. and I just see them tearing about, binkies, they dig and flop in the dirt, eat everything they can, and I know right then they are so happy, i could watch them all day.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 pm

[b]I used to with Jake every evening I would lay on the lounge rug knock on the floor a couple of times and wherever he was in the house he would come running for his snuggle and brush and I would get a good wash for my troubles used to last about an hour then off he went again
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen1980 Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Lily and I had special time when i got in from work, we'd sit together on the floor me with a cuppa and Lily with some strokes until daddy got in.

our trio we have special time when hubby gets in as I cannot get them back tot he run as they have free ryun of the garden its lovely! we did it last night and got some funny photos of mid binkies!

Milo i think is a morning bunny he likes to bomb up and down the stairs
Karen1980
Karen1980
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-08-07

http://www.myspace.com/newzealandbunnylover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 pm

We are lucky as we both work at home all the time and so the bunnies have plenty of quality time with us, we talk to them and give hugs and kisses and play with them it's difficult when you have so many but we make sure that no bunny is left out and that they are all happy Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 pm

As I don't know how much time I have left with thumper, I try to spend as much time with her as possible. I'm with her most evenings and every morning.

The mornings are the funniest, although shorter.

I let her out in the bedroom before I go in the shower but she's not really a morning bunny so she's still a bit grumpy. She then comes to to the kitchen for a bit while I get organised for work and more often than not clean her bum.

But it's when you open the door from the kitchen to the living room that she really comes to life! She'll walk over real slow, like she's being naughty and going somewhere she shouldn't, but when she reaches that door, she's off!

Usually diving down the back of the sofa comes first, plenty of thumping en route, then she'll come out and circle my feet, grunting, back down the sofa and it starts all over again.

Then BANG! reality hits, she goes back to her bedroom and I have to go to
work!

Grr!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Makes it all worthwhile doen't it? Lil Loll tends to be rather aloof but there are odd times when we "bond", usually over an extra special dandilion leaf! There being just the 3 of us: me, Loll and Dandy (the only gay zebra finch in the cage) things aren't really that hectic and I'm not so spread about as I was in the old days with Misty, Clawed, Starbuck, Toffee and Truffle and Casey hamster.
I do have the most wonderful memories of those times though, especially of the long summer evenings spent sitting on a stool with my head on my arm in Clawed's hutch. She would spend ages grooming me... running her paws through my hair and licking my scalp; then she would lick my temples, my forehead and eyes and gradually all over my face to the corners of my mouth. Once she was giving my top lip a "kiss" and kissed her... somehow, for brief second her tongue touched mine.... Bunny kiss WITH TONGUES! True Love!!!!!!!!!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm

So lovely Katie Smile

Early / late evening is Joey's time for snuggles and being energetic (he is none too keep on ppl who disturb him in the afternoon for snuggle etc as this is nap time Laughing ) I got a forehead lick/clean last week when I was lying on his rug Love

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I told my friend all about Loll's morning/evening shinnanigans and tried to explain that rabbits are crepuscular, she said, "Oh dear, Do you think you've caught it and that's what wrong with your tummy?" ROFL
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 pm

woodwench wrote:I told my friend all about Loll's morning/evening shinnanigans and tried to explain that rabbits are crepuscular, she said, "Oh dear, Do you think you've caught it and that's what wrong with your tummy?" ROFL

ha ha ha ha ha ha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I hope you said yes...... tee hee
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:47 pm

I find it difficult to spend regular quality time with the trio as I have a trio of young demanding children also! But, I do give Vince a rub when I climb in the enclosure to sweep it around, he head butts me on the bum whilst I'm crouching down if I don't say hello! He;s not keen on being picked up so I don't do that unless have to.

Hazel is the cuddle bun, she will sit in my arms and so will Faline once I have caught her, but I know she doesn't really want me to hold her so I don't feel I should do it if it's not what she wants. The best times are when they are running about in the side ally and I have a cuppa tea and they come up to me to see if I have anything for them. Those our our special moments, just being in each others company without bothering each other, just taking in their lovely rabbitynessQuality Time 317363
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil & Ron's Mum Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Lilly is like a sticky bogey, can't even go to the toilet on my own, so my quality time is when she is sleeping so that I don't have to look down to check so I don't fall over her and get on with stuff/chores.
I even have to move her when I'm hoovering or she will get stood on or sucked up.
Wouldn't change her for all the tea in china tho!

Lil & Ron's Mum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Lil & Ron's Mum wrote:Lilly is like a sticky bogey, can't even go to the toilet on my own, so my quality time is when she is sleeping so that I don't have to look down to check so I don't fall over her and get on with stuff/chores.
I even have to move her when I'm hoovering or she will get stood on or sucked up.
Wouldn't change her for all the tea in china tho!

I was about to say..awwwww how lovely, but then it sunk in you likened her to a stickey bogey! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

But....Awwwww thats lovely! She loves her mummy!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down