Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boarding in Cornwall?

2 posters

Go down

Boarding in Cornwall? Empty Boarding in Cornwall?

Post by lizzi_b Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi, I have just been offered the chance to sail to the scilly's this weekend and i am very tempted, but as the OH is away sailing in the Solent i have no-one to look after Buttons!!! I do NOT trust any of my friends as they are clueless about rabbits and didnt seem that interested when they came round to see him! so does anyone know of an rabbit boarding places in Cornwall? it would only be for a few days!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Boarding in Cornwall? Empty Re: Boarding in Cornwall?

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Shame you are not near us as we would have been happy to board Buttons for you but I have had a look and found these if they are of help to you.

http://www.cornishcritters.co.uk/

http://www.lovatoncattery.co.uk/ (they board bunnies)

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:13 pm

I think we have had this conversation before - I use Lovaton and Andrea is great as she is a veterinary nurse. But I thik it is too far away for Lizzi. But that COrnish Critters looks a better option for you. There is another - http://www.cornwallsmallpetboarding.co.uk/ - but they have no pics on thier website and I jhave no idea what they are like.

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 am

ooo thank you tuckerbunnies, that 1st one is not far up the road from me, but id never head of them!!! (I sometimes think my researching skills are hopeless!!) Cheryl'n'bruce'flo thanks for finding that one, i had actually found that one before but i was creaped out by the animated bunny blinking on the front page!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:ooo thank you tuckerbunnies, that 1st one is not far up the road from me, but id never head of them!!! (I sometimes think my researching skills are hopeless!!) Cheryl'n'bruce'flo thanks for finding that one, i had actually found that one before but i was creaped out by the animated bunny blinking on the front page!!

Oh that's good that it is so near to you Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Lizzie have you been to check that place out? What is it like?

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Haven't had a chance, Ive managed to grab a few extra shifts at work this week so cancelled going away in preference of some extra pennies!!! I am going there tomorrow afternoon to go see the place! Turns out their also a rescue centre! I shall let you know what it is like!! Very Happy
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:05 am

OK I went to see the Boarding place in Peranwell and yea i wasn't impressed!!! Sad The woman wasn't that friendly, The rabbits were in a large shed thing but they were all stacked on top of each other in hutches which i didn't think were that big. I asked about exercise and out time and she said she puts them outside on the grass in play pens for an hour, I then explained Buttons is a house rabbit and having never been outside he may freak out, she then said thats ok, i can have him out running around on the floor in the shed thing they are in, which is fine as its all disinfected, but the floor was tiled so he would slip and slide everywhere!! Is this what all rabbit boarding places are like? or am i just being a bit too picky?
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 am

No, not all places are like that. But Cornwall is still a bit of a backwater in this respect. A lot of people do not keep their rabbits with the freedom we do so that sort of boarding seems luxurious to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:49 pm

No they are not all like that we have indoor boarding for house rabbits and a boarding shed 'Keegans Kabin' outside. These are our 'Bunny Suites' for house rabbits inside our home and our boarders go out weather permitting as long as possible.

Boarding in Cornwall? 11-5-11010-1

Boarding in Cornwall? 11-5-11016

Boarding in Cornwall? IndoorSuite001

This is the other bunny suite cleaned and disinfected ready for the next boarder.
Boarding in Cornwall? IndoorSuite002
And when in use.
Boarding in Cornwall? 003

Boarding in Cornwall? IndoorSuite003

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:07 pm

I wish there was a place like this in Cornwall Maysie!! I mite try the other one in truro (with the creepy blinking bunny on their website) but they look pretty similar. if not im going to have to see if someone i know can look after him if i ever go away!!

Cheryl is right, the idea of house bunnies hasn't really been realised in Cornwall yet, i get such weird looks from people when i say Buttons lives in the lounge!!! Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:52 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:I wish there was a place like this in Cornwall Maysie!! I mite try the other one in truro (with the creepy blinking bunny on their website) but they look pretty similar. if not im going to have to see if someone i know can look after him if i ever go away!!

Cheryl is right, the idea of house bunnies hasn't really been realised in Cornwall yet, i get such weird looks from people when i say Buttons lives in the lounge!!! Laughing

I have been looking on the internet for boarding in Cornwall for you but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice but I will keep looking, you never know, I hope the boarding place in Truro is ok Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down