Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make a happy confident bun??

5 posters

Go down

how to make a happy confident bun?? Empty how to make a happy confident bun??

Post by 4390evans Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:57 am

Im Just wondering how I can make the babies into happy confident buns??? Rose their mother is still scatty doesnt like being stroked never mind groomed she will NOT let me hold her and only runs to the hutch door cos she knows food on its way. The rest apart from twink are the same. Im wanting to make these buns into ones I read on here that jumps onto me if im near them or springs off the sofa or dosent mind being stroked petted etc.
I have the babies out on a night most of the time as the bairn gets to excited and shocks them, alot of the time ive got one in my night gown pocket stroking him or her while I lay on the sofa they love it in there. Just need some ideas??

They also make themselves comfy in other areas
how to make a happy confident bun?? Copyof299043_150256485064639_100002408655368_269009_957480999_n

how to make a happy confident bun?? 316850_150655631691391_100002408655368_270273_200859948_n
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

how to make a happy confident bun?? Empty Re: how to make a happy confident bun??

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 am

i think your on the right track,not sure if you can do anymore but iam sure someone will let you know if they is
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

how to make a happy confident bun?? Empty Re: how to make a happy confident bun??

Post by LilyGrace Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 am

Perhaps their mum is like that due to hormones? Seeing as she has been pregnant the whole time you have had her. My Luna was a massive stress pot before I had her neutered...it took her a few months to calm down but now she's a different bun. Are you going to get her done now after the babies have left her?
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 pm

The thing is you can do all the right things and not make a bun that is what you want - that is very personality dependent. Personalities change quite a lot during the puberty bit at 6months to a year. Flo had always been a real stress head but she has calmed with age, but I cannot imagine she will ever want to be touched by me. She is not scared of me and will sit on me when I have food that she wants. But stroking is not an option and I have had to respect that. The best way to have a bun that wants to be with you, as Bruce does with me, is to let them take the lead on contact because they need to feel they can trust you.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 pm

yeah she is getting spayed asap, poor thing. The lass who had her before me bred from her, but I think the demand for rabbits where she was must have dried up, so I was gutted to find that she had litter here. It was gonna be Jasper done next as she is wayward and I was hoping it would calm her a bit, but I think Rose is a bigger priority as she is getting on.

@cheryl'n'bruce'flo Thumper Jasper and Twink are all siblings and Thumper is quite calm and easy,Twink is more tolerant of humans but Jasper is a no no! she wont take food from us or anything, nightmare to catch etc etc. I hope there is a calm one as Im wanting a friend for twink. There is one you can see is mental as she has jumped from when I found her, if I moved the nest she would ping out lol
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Since Tigger was little I used to just sit with her on the floor with my legs out straight. She would come up and have some sniffs and be curious but I wouldn't touch her or talk to her. Once she seemed to become more confident then I'd just say 'good girl' in a nice calm tone and then I would extend that to touching her. I did this over a few weeks.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Think that would be a night time thing as Ive got a over active toddler who doesnt know what quiet is Evil or Very Mad
love it on a night time when its just us, gonna be even better when I get the shed up tomorrow and I can just go in and sit in total silence with them. will be bliss
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by willowholly Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am

Sounds like you are doing the right thing already.Keep up the good work! Thumbs Up
willowholly
willowholly
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:51 am

I absolutely love sitting in the shed at nights with them. All I can hear are owls and the odd thud from when Tigger likes to rearrange things Rolling Eyes
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:03 pm

haha. what do you put on the floor of the shed? Ive got loads of shredded paper I was thinking of putting that down then hay on the top what you recon?
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't actually have anything on the floor, I'm not sure if that's right or not. We have a chipboard floor which we painted so bits don't come off and stick into their feet and for the past year Tigger's hocks have been fine.

I have a hutch in there which they can climb about in and sleep in, I used to line it with newspaper but they would just rip it all up and move every sheet into one corner. They weren't impressed Laughing

I'm thinking for winter I might cover the floor in shredded paper and hay for extra warmth.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:32 pm

When mine used to have a hutch and run in the garage I just linoed the bottom of both and had boxes full of hay for sleeping in. I used the textured industrial stuff so it wasn't slippery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down