Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Mine Chocolate campaign UK: Info for happy hoppers!

+6
Rosie Rabbit
buddabun
Rice
Laura
Happy Hoppers
parsnipbun
10 posters

Go down

Make Mine Chocolate campaign  UK: Info for happy hoppers! Empty Make Mine Chocolate campaign UK: Info for happy hoppers!

Post by parsnipbun Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Some of you may already received your Rabbiting On magazines and will know that the Make Mine Chocolate campaign is literally just launching in the UK. Originally a USA campaign, where it has been very successful, the campaign aims to try and raise awareness of the plight of rabbits bought as presents and 'impulse buys' at Easter (or indeed any time of year).

The campaign will fully launch in spring 2009, and particularly in the run up to Easter 2009, with as much media coverage as possible. Prior to this we are spending time alerting possible partner organisations, gaining active supporters, and designing posters, leaflets, merchandising etc etc. We are also in the process of contacting vets, rescue centres, pet shops etc etc.

The campaign in the UK is a result of collaboration and support between the RWA/F and The Hay Experts and an RWA/F outreach officer; with The Hay Experts having fantastically led the way last year by contacting the USA campaign and selling badges etc.

We have several long terms aims, and expect to build the campaign year on year, with a current 3 year mission already planned. (see our website for more info).

By launching the campaign we hope to eventually bring an end to impulse buying at easter (and other times of year) and thus, in the long term help to reduce the number of rabbits ending up in rescues, or worse.

We would be delighted to hear from anyone who would like to become an official supporter and commit to advertising through leaflet and poster displays etc (particularly rescues, small rabbit related businesses, veterinary surgeries etc etc) as well as people who have ideas for catchy slogans, want to but merchandise or just read about the campaign!

We have our website up and running - although we will be making additions and alterations as the campaign builds in the next few months. So if you are interested in the campaign please visit:
www.makeminechocolate.co.uk

As you can imagine, we are all pretty busy trying to set up partners, sponsors, contacts, leaflets, merchandise, website, etc etc. so it would be really really helpful if people interested in the campaign as supporters, individuals, or just wanting to buy merchandise contacted us through the website as we will not really have time to drop in on Happy Hoppers again . .. . just thought we'd update you all!!!

PS At present the merchandising is limited to limited to our lovely sophisticated pens - but more things are coming very soon!We expect to have a much larger merchandising range available once the campaign is properly launched in Spring 2009 but if we get a good response sooner will be looking to add the famous 'choccy rabbit badge', bags with logo, etc etc. We are really just in 'setting up' mode right now!

parsnipbun
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Make Mine Chocolate campaign  UK: Info for happy hoppers! Empty Re: Make Mine Chocolate campaign UK: Info for happy hoppers!

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 pm

I was just reading about this a minute ago, actually....I brought my MMC badge through THE this year.

I'm sending you a PM. Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Make Mine Chocolate campaign  UK: Info for happy hoppers! Empty Re: Make Mine Chocolate campaign UK: Info for happy hoppers!

Post by Laura Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I'm going to buy a Make Mine Chocolate pen, weeeee!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:46 pm

I bought the magnet last year! Very Happy It's in my office, I'm looking at it right now! Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:45 am

I didn't even know this campaign existed but thanks very much!

I am having a good look through the site now.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 pm

This is a brilliant idea - have seen it in Rabbiting On - and on Facebook Wink

Will have a good look at the website.
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:44 pm

I think that this is an absolutely FANTASTIC - and MUCH needed! - campaign! Very Happy

Will be watching eagerly for new developments.....and more merchandise!!! Very Happy
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Brilliant!! Im so glad this is launching in the UK Very Happy Will check out the website now x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:34 am

i've bought the pen Very Happy just awaiting its arrival now. i'll be taking it to work and spreading the word Very Happy
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:42 am

I think I have plagued quite a few of you with this on FB. I've pledged to invite 100 friends to join the cause Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:50 am

I can't find it on facebook I dont think Sad

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am

PM me your name, I'll add you and invite you Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am

Cool thanks hun Very Happy

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by parsnipbun Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi everyone and a HUGE thanks for such a very positive response.

We will be keeping everyone updated as much as we can - and you should soon start seeing the logo and info. on all sorts of sites as we gain 'supporters' pledged to distribute information and promote the cause (thanks Sooz!!!).

parsnipbun
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Happy Hoppers are now an official supporter of MMC-UK, you can see the banner on the portal page and our forum banner on the MMC website.

I look forward to working with you in future Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nethie Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 pm

ive joined one on facebook but not sure if its yours sooz, it a group called make mine chocolate campaign (may be the usa one though) it has the bunny badge as picture

nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down