Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Bowls

+2
NickieM
Frog39
6 posters

Go down

Food Bowls Empty Food Bowls

Post by Frog39 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:01 pm

At the moment I give my 2 their food in seperate bowls but more often than not whoever finishes first starts on the others bowl Wink Does anyone just feed their rabbits from one large bowl? If so do you find one eats more than the other or does it even itself out?

Thanks

Frog39
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Food Bowls Empty Re: Food Bowls

Post by NickieM Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Mine used to have one bowl and Gloria, the greedier bun, would eat about twice as fast as Wolfie.

I then went onto just throwing the pellets onto the floor of the hutch and that worked a lot better. In good weather, I also spread the pellets onto the ground outside so they had to work to find it.

There is no easy solution to this one other than making sure they you know their weight and keep an eye that both get enough to eat.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 pm

With my previous bonded pair Flopsy & Jem i always had 1 bowl for pellets & 1 bowl for greens.

Jem just wolfed everything down in 5 minutes flat Shocked greedy bun and Flopsy had to fight for his food Laughing He soon learnt to fight for it Laughing

With my now pair Flopsy & Flora its totally different Rolling Eyes neither buns are greedy piggy buns like Jem and take their time.......well unless the Fenugreek crunchies are put in Shocked Flopsy wins every time, paws down ROFL

Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 pm

I used to feed pellets for breakfast from one bowl, but since the buns had a check up, tigger has put on .5 of a kilo and Jeeves only .2

As I've said on a previous thread Tigger just inhales her food and then Jeeves' she even resorts to taking it from his mouth. So now their breakfasts are in one of those bowls that are designed for cats, they're split in half. They refused to eat from separate bowls so this was the only way I could do it. This way I saw how slow Jeeves was compared to her and I can try and make sure he gets his share, afterwards she will still try and help him.

For veg at tea I feed them by hand so I can make sure they each get their fair share otherwise Jeeves won't get much and tigger will get an upset tummy from lots of greens!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Oh greens they dont fight about Rolling Eyes

Only time they fight for food is in morning with pellets and night time with pellets No

Its not the pellets they fight over its the only time they get a fenugreek crunchie each Laughing
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 pm

ROFL Dotdot, I'm busy laughing at "she even resorts to taking it from his mouth"

Ha ha ha, poor boy Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 am

mine love the greens but I dont put them in the hutches unless the boys are locked away, mine are like dogs they come bounding up from the bottom of the garden when they hear the carton crackle lol
As for pellets I have one of them tubs you fill up then they come out as they eat in one hutch thats where the ladies go apart from rose atm, and for the boys its seperate. None are fussy but just eat as they want there is always loads left over in the morning unless they have mauled my grass and there isnt much left. Rose on the other hand just eats and eats there is no stopping her No
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 am

I feed from a dog treatball. They both use it together and they have a fairly even chance of getting the food. No fights have ever occured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down