Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  Empty Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm

so as you know,ive got 2 rabbits and a piggy,now i know there not suposed to live together and ive had no trouble with them yet,iam having a little trouble with feeding time as i know piggys need different food,so ive put my thinking cap on,another cage is not a option as there is no room and hubbie would kill me Laughing so ive come up with these ideas and not sure which would be best,so as you know this is my cage

Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  100_1085

so there is 2 full floors and the bit on the top (the bit on the top,i will call this top floor and then middle and then bottom,hope your still with me Laughing )

so at the moment in the middle floor, i have the vet bed and then next to that i have the hooded basket,now option one is- ive put a wooden house under the stairs,the hole is big enough for piggy to go in and sleep ect,they is enough room for a small bowl so i can put her piggy food in

option two is-to block the top bit off and let get another piggy or 2 Wink and let them live in the top bit and let hubbie make a cover for the bottom floor so i can keep the middle and bottom bit just for spike and snowflake (at the moment,at night i close the opening so the bunnies cant get to the bottom bit)

or option 3,ask hubbie to make a box the width of the cage were the hooded cat bed is with two compartments in,one for the rabbits and one opening small enough for the piggy,so she can get her food that way

up to now piggy wont go up and down the ramp to the top floor,i was hoping in time she would but its been about 3 months and nothing

hope you can all make sense of this Very Happy what do you think ?

sarah

fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  Empty Re: Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Could you not enclose the bottom floor and put a sectioned off bit in that for piggie? You will need to enclose the bottom bit fully with a floor and legs tho' else it'll be draughty and get damp.

Or use the top bit for food and bed and get a tunnel and attach it to the ramp. From experience, piggies will use a ramp if you disguise it as a tunnel instead (easily fooledHad A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  811805 )

Out of interest, does your piggie use the runaround tunnel as a toilet as mine did and it became disgusting very quickly? pale
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  Empty Re: Had A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Or use the top bit for food and bed and get a tunnel and attach it to the ramp. From experience, piggies will use a ramp if you disguise it as a tunnel instead (easily fooledHad A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  811805 )

Out of interest, does your piggie use the runaround tunnel as a toilet as mine did and it became disgusting very quickly? pale[/quote]

i will try that idea,if that works,that would be a better idea,thank you

she uses the tunnel which connects the middle bit to the bottom bit but she hardly uses the tunnel which connects the run to the bottom cage,i dont know if shes a little shy due to been the only piggy Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Have you tried putting extra grips on the ramp? Piggies like lots of grip to get up and down ramps.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 pm

no i havent,will also try that as well

thank you Thumbs Up
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Also, try putting sides on the ramp, they seem to like being enclosed when traveling up and down ramps.

I think some piggies are more adventerous than others, younger pigs seem to be more confident than older ones. Good luck!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Oh goodness me - I have no idea, but with you and vince the bunny coming up with idea's together (two of the best set ups I have seen) I am pituring some sort of piggy mansion in the making!

Good luck!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 pm

thanks ladies,knew i could count on this place Love

Very Happy
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:07 pm

The roof bit at the top of the hutch...... could that be built into and upwards for piggie? Pig would need to get used to ramps/tunnels tho' or would end up stranded!

How much space is there to the left of the photo? Could you go out sideways?
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 pm

no,cant go out sideways as they is 2 massive boxes filled with rabbit things Embarassed not sure about building upwards as i dont think they would be much space but hubbie was thinking about it agers ago to do something and i think she would be stranded but just thinking about it,hubbie might be able to figure something out,so the top bit connnects to a little extra room on the roof........

wish i lived next door to you Laughing the amazing things we could do Thumbs Up Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:27 pm

lol, I think it would all get quite out of hand very quicklyHad A Few Ideas,Would Like Your Thoughts  497709
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down