Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice re the trio.

+2
Vince the bunny
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

Advice re the trio. Empty Advice re the trio.

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Its over a month since i started bonding now. There have been no fights, but Skye seems to be left out a lot! Dolly still nips and chases Skye at times. Im not sure what to do, or if i should even do anything. I dont like seeing Skye left out, and im not sure if shes happier now, or before the bond. :S
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Advice re the trio. Empty Re: Advice re the trio.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I would say leave them be. Give them time to really get used to each other - it might take quite a few months.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Is there anything i can do to help them though? Im not going to seperate them, but Dollys behaviour is really irritating me! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Someone always needs to be the boss in these groups and in your case it looks like it is going to be Dolly. Try and bear in mind that rabbits don't show malice in the same way as humans. In a few months Skye might actually feel quite secure in her place as lesser bun. But you need to let them sort themselves out. You have done everything right so far and now it is up to them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Hazel often chases Faline, sometimes quite badly. I don't feel I need to seperate them, Faline doesn't chase back and if it gets too bad, Vince steps in and chases off Hazel. Vince used to favour Faline but lately I have noticed him favouring Hazel.

I think from watching them that the bond with the two girls may be less stable if Vince wasn't there, and I also feel that the bond would suffer if they had less space. I think the runaround tunnels leading to the second run has really benefited the girls as they can get away from each other, as does having two seperate sleeping areas, so the girls can go in one each if they need to.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:26 pm

See, thats the problem. Skye cant really get away from Dolly unless she goes out into the run when M&D are indoors or vice versa. I will be increasing space eventually, somehow. I just dont have the funds at the moment. She just looks nervous a lot of the time. Dolly doesnt even have to chase her, just move in her direction and Skye stops whatever it is shes doing and runs away.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Gerty is always the lowest in the pecking order, she is a very nevous bun. She always tries to dominate a new bun that comes in but to no avail but I think she is happy as she seems relaxed. Its took her 5 weeks to properly fit in x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Aw after all your hard work bonding these 3 i really do hope in time they will eventually settle into a very happy trio, give them time Very Happy

Love
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Have you tried putting in single bun sized boxes with holes in so she can retrat if she want to?

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Smile Thanks Josie, so do I.

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Have you tried putting in single bun sized boxes with holes in so she can retrat if she want to?

No, but i can. Ive been careful what im putting into the playhouse. They have all sorts of chew/toss toys, but not really any tunnels or boxes. I have some i can put in for them. Ill get it sorted this weekend, and see how they go Smile Thanks. xx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:29 pm

In my 4some. my youngest bun, Opal, is the one left out quite a lot, the others chase her sometimes and nip her, but soon after they are grooming each other and playing and binkying!
I have seen the need to do anything, and i certainly wouldnt split them up personally.
Shes definatly alot happier being part of a group than being on her own..even if she isnt the top bun Very Happy
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Kate7590 wrote:In my 4some. my youngest bun, Opal, is the one left out quite a lot, the others chase her sometimes and nip her, but soon after they are grooming each other and playing and binkying!
I have seen the need to do anything, and i certainly wouldnt split them up personally.
Shes definatly alot happier being part of a group than being on her own..even if she isnt the top bun Very Happy

Shes more nervous now than she was before though...
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 pm

hi i don't know if it works but i read somewhere that rubbing a little of the scent from a banana on the rabbit being bnded can help as rabbits love banana and will lick it off of the one that has the scent and makes them feel like it's a grooming,
as i say don't know if it helps but thought it might be useful to you Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm

fiver wrote:hi i don't know if it works but i read somewhere that rubbing a little of the scent from a banana on the rabbit being bnded can help as rabbits love banana and will lick it off of the one that has the scent and makes them feel like it's a grooming,
as i say don't know if it helps but thought it might be useful to you Smile

Yeah, ive heard about that. Its not something i wanted to do, because its not "natural", if you know what i mean. Were past that point in the bond now too.

Thanks anyway Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:10 pm

that's ok i'm finding out they all have their own characters just like we all do Smile
hope it all goes well at least there's no serious scraps between them which sounds good.

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down