Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump*

+2
Rosie Rabbit
Magoo
6 posters

Go down

In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump* Empty In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump*

Post by Magoo Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi everyone, I am really concerned about my bunnies behaviour and I need some advice please.

I posted a question on here last week as I was worried that Pippa (one of the little girls I bonded with Pippin) was overdoing things with Pippin. She was mounting him all the time and they had gotten into a couple of little scuffles where fur had been lost etc. Now things have got much worse but the other way around. Pippa is no longer mounting Pippin but that is because he is being awful to her and I don't know what to do about it. If she comes anywhere near him he runs after her and tries to nip him. I actually see his mouth open and close really quickly. And often he does this when she is just laying there quietly by herself. He will go up to her and nip her. She is a nervous wreck and her fur is thinning now. She sits by herself while her sister and Pippin lay together. It is so sad. I don't knwo what has gotten in to him and this is breaking my heart. I am really worried he is going to hurt her.

I blame myself and think maybe I put them in to live together too soon. But at the time they were laying together and grooming each other and the best of friends. I feel I want to separate them but at the same time I obviously don't because I'm scared that will make things worse and also because she has a long bond with her sister. We also do not have the space to keep separate buns for the long term. They were separate to begin with I know but they were much smaller then and needed less space. As you can imagine they have grown a lot in the last few weeks. I just don't know what I should do and this hurts so much to see them like this. It's only been this bad for a couple of days and I'm hoping that it will sort itself out and that maybe Pippinw as just mad at her for the mounting. But what if it gets worse? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Jay on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bump)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump* Empty Re: In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump*

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Oh Emma, I'm sorry that this is happening with Pippa and Pippin. Sad I can understand how upsetting it is for you.

I don't have any experience of this and I'm not really sure what you should do to be honest, but hopefully someone with more experience of bonding and behavioural issues will be along soon to give some advice. I just didn't want to look and not comment. x
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump* Empty Re: In desperate need for advice about my trio please.*bump*

Post by NSD Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 am

It's not your fault, do not blame yourself. There is no way you could have predicted their reactions or how their personalities would develop - they're bunnies, and you're not a mind reader! You're doing everything you can to make sure they have a good life so should be proud of that, and not blaming yourself. Hugs

My guy instinct would be to separate Pippa (and possibly Peppa with her) at least for a day or two because if her hair is thinning she must really need a break from Pippin's behaviour. But I am in no way an expert on this, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Is it possible to bring Pippa with you for a little bit - get her away from the situation for hours at a time? If I were in Pippa's situation, a small space but no stress would probably be better than a large space and lots of stress. Maybe a break will also allow Pippin to realise Pippa's humping him wasn't THAT bad.

You're a good bunny mother and you can't blame yourself for these little things and their massive personalities!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:38 am

Sorry to hear yo're having trouble again Emma, I have no bonding experience, but I'm sure it's not insurmountable, good luck Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:22 am

*bump* I hope someone can help with this bonding question, please Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 am

They aren't speyed yet are they?

Im not experienced in bonding by any means but, when I first brought Lani home she lived with Vivi, really happily, much bonding and snuggling. But sas Lani's hormones kicked in, she decided mounting him over and over and over and over was a smart thing to do. Vivi is spectacularily laid back and wasn't too bothered at first (I did knock her off him when I saw it), but after a while he obviously became frustrated and attacked her. I spararated them completely and now they live alone. I got her speyed and I was going to re-bond them at a later date. Uni kicked in so I haven't got around to it just yet, but I intend to very soon.. And hopefully they go back to the grroming-cuddling ways, I do hope so.
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 am

First of all.......... are all the bunnies neutered?,
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down