Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and Bonding...!

Go down

Hello and Bonding...! Empty Hello and Bonding...!

Post by Fliss&Penelope Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey everyone,

I haven't wrote a post or commented on any in ages, so hope you haven't all forgotten me! I've been popping on occasionally and having a little read and trying to keep up to date. However, things have been very busy, what with moving, going to uni, getting to know the area, etc..!
But am back and think I'm getting a handle on things...mostly!

Though, I'm here for a bit of advice if possible. As you all know I have my baby girl Penelope, who is now a year old, and I few days ago I took in a rescue bunny called Pipkin who is 18 months and a cross breed like Penelope. He is bigger then Penelope, but quite chilled.

I have started to try bonding them, but it's not going well so far. The first time they were together, Penelope tried to groom him and he bit her nose. Then the next time, they sat quite happily together for 15 minutes, then Penelope started to groom him again, and he was fine, until she got near his bum and he went for her, she ran off, he chased her and tried to bite her tail. I separated them again. So now am a bit stuck!

Why would he keep going for her when all she is doing is trying to be nice to him? Does anyone have any advice on bonding them and avoiding the fighting? I'm just a bit worried about the fighting as Penny is smaller then Pipkin and I think he could really injure her if it went further.

Thanks for any advice anyone has..!

Love xx
Fliss&Penelope
Fliss&Penelope
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-11

http://www.offbeatgirldesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hello and Bonding...! Empty Re: Hello and Bonding...!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Is he really being nasty? Chasing and nipping is part of the bonding process. The advice I have read is about only intervening if the 2 buns really mean to seriously fight. From your description I would say your buns are chasing and nipping. Are they both in completely neutral territory?

Back to top Go down