Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I swear Rabbits understand us really!!

+4
KatieB
icedancer
Sparky
lizzi_b
8 posters

Go down

I swear Rabbits understand us really!! Empty I swear Rabbits understand us really!!

Post by lizzi_b Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I was sat on the sofa with my laptop and Buttons was trying everything to get my attention, jumping around like a fool, jumping ontop of his carrier, then bitting and rattling his cage from the outside because he clearly wants his dinner. He then just sat there and stared at me! so i said "come on then, jump up here and give mummy a kiss and i promise i will give you dinner" what did he do?...come flying over, jump up on the sofa, then on to my chest and start licking my nose!!! He then lept of the sofa and sat by his bowl expectantly!! Laughing well how could i not feed him now after he had obviously understood what i had said, and would therefore never trust me again if i broke a promise to him!?! Rolling Eyes Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

I swear Rabbits understand us really!! Empty Re: I swear Rabbits understand us really!!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:11 pm

I think they learn that we say certain words when they do things. Bruce knows 'kiss', Flo knows breakfast (which means go in for some food but don't worry you are not being shut in) and they both know 'in' which means hurry up and go in the house because I need to go to work/it is getting dark. You have probably subconsciously taught Buttons 'up' and 'kiss'.

Back to top Go down

I swear Rabbits understand us really!! Empty Re: I swear Rabbits understand us really!!

Post by Sparky Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:47 pm

I understand every word my Humum says Very Happy

Most of it's a load of old rubbish, mind.... Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Awwww. That's so sweet.

I have annoyingly taught Florence that the word "Florence" means no No Just because when she's doing something naughty I say "Florence" loudly and she does stop!! Saying that if I'm on the floor and tap it while calling her she does come over. I am trying to say "no" when she's doing something naughty now, to try and teach her her name. Or I'll have to use "Flossy" when I call her.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Im sure Daisy knows what im talking about. He chooses to ignore me, but understands nonetheless.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Sparky wrote:I understand every word my Humum says Very Happy

Most of it's a load of old rubbish, mind.... Rolling Eyes

ROFL
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 pm

thats very cute
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:20 pm

My lot only understand when I have food in my hands Hmmm
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:14 am

I think they are highly intelligent and understand a lot more than we think they do, they are also slightly psychic and some have even saved their owners lives, I had a Dwarf Lop called 'Keegan' that woke me up after I left a gas fire on and he really saved my life. If Woodwench was on she would tell you about the wonderful and close bond that Keegan and I had.
I have also got a story about a rabbit who sit's next to his owner 10 mins before she has an epileptic fit, as soon as he sit's next to her she goes and sit's down so she doesn't fall or get hurt having the fit, she had a fit in front of him one day and he has done this ever since and I think that is amazing.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:08 am

Aww Love I'm not surprised, buns certainly know what we're saying to them (when they choose to listen, that is... Wink )

I am ever so slightly in love with Buttons !

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Chery I think your right I think i have subconsciously taught Buttons a few words, mainly 'come on' and he follows!

Maysie that is amazing about that rabbit and letting it's owner know when she's gong to have an epileptic fit!! It's like the one someone posted the other day about the rabbit that saved the little girl from a diabetic coma. I really do think bunnies are a bit psychic!! and there is no doubting their intelligence!!

also Thank you JoeyBunsMum!! I love him so much too!! Love
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down