Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumper's World

+5
jolovesbunnies
marleyNfriends
NickieM
Jay
gentl
9 posters

Go down

Thumper's World Empty Thumper's World

Post by gentl Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 am

We have had out Thumper for two weeks now and I had realized that he might not be a cuddle bunny and that was OK because I just wanted him to be happy. I sat and gazed at the little fluff-head and told him that it was OK if he didn't want to be held. That he was loved anyway etc. After about 10 min of this reassuring talk he hopped over and periscoped up. I couldn't believe he wanted up, but he kept nudging me even though I was giving him scratches between his ears.

I picked him up and held him until my arms got tired. He wanted to be held and petted so long. He is one HEAVY bunny. Definitely not 5 lbs like my previous bunbuns. He was down about 5 minutes and then he wanted up AGAIN! Guess I have a snuggle bunny after all. Smile

I have to ask.....does anyone else's bunny separate out their greens as to type before eating them? I spread them WAY out tonight and he tried to separate them at first, but hunger kicked in and he started munching them as he found them.

He was a brat bunny yesterday. He scared me so badly. I thought he was dead. All stretched out on is back with front and back legs laid back. No nose twitches and his underbelly fur is so thick I couldn't see him breathe! It took a lot of noise to awaken him. Then I just got 'the look' from him! Silly bunny!

He's not catching on to the concept of toys. Y'all may think I'm nuts, but I pulled up some of the videos on YouTube on our TV in the living room for him to watch hoping he would get the idea. We're going to get a ball to but his greens in tomorrow. Maybe that can stimulate his curiosity. I don't think he was ever played with. Sad
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Thumper's World Empty Re: Thumper's World

Post by Jay Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 am

That's wonderful Very Happy In most cases, buns know when they are loved, and given time, they respond. Stewie sometimes seperates his food, depends how hungry he is. He'll run off with special treats (like a nuggy of carrot) and eat those in a corner.

Love that you had him watching the videos Laughing

I think treat balls are brilliant, gets them into the idea of reward based activity.

Nice to read an uplifting post!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 am

Buns are like people, they have their favourite foods. Depending on mood and hunger levels, mine used to sometimes eat all of a particular food first and then go onto the 'boring' stuff. Funnily enough, my eldest son does this too!

Lovely to hear that Thumper is letting you know what he wants! They are very good at that if you are prepared to take time and listen, which you obviously are doing very well. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 am

Mine always sift through the bowl for their favourite veggies first.

And I don't think it is mad to try to show him videos. Bruce will watch shaun the sheep and top gear. And I know he is watching them because normally he will sit in front of the t.v. looking at me, but when they are on he sits in front of me and looks at the t.v.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Awww thats lovely! Skye has never been interested in having snuggles or being handled, and wriggles when i try, so i dont bother unless i need to. If she was a big bun, id struggle with her, so why should i pick her up and cuddle her, just because shes small and i can? She loves to play and explore, and is very independant like that though.

Skye is about 8 months now and is still growing in character and personality so two weeks is great going, he'll likely surprise you more and more and will be running rings around you in no time! Very Happy Lovely post! Look forward to hearing more about Thumper xxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:14 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Mine always sift through the bowl for their favourite veggies first.

And I don't think it is mad to try to show him videos. Bruce will watch shaun the sheep and top gear. And I know he is watching them because normally he will sit in front of the t.v. looking at me, but when they are on he sits in front of me and looks at the t.v.

Isn't it gorgeous! Top Gear made ma laugh!
Stewie's fave programmes are natural world ones, I think he finds Attenborough's voice calming. The other day he got settled right in to I'm a celebrity but no-one knows who I am..bless Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Mr Snuffles isn't a cuddly bun either and I am always telling him I love him. As he has become older however, he snuggles up to me on my bed at night, which is adorable.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

How adorable! Buttons hates being picked up, he stands up on his back legs all the time, mainly I think because he is nosey, if I try and pick him up he freaks out!! But he atleast enjoys being with us and chasing is around the flat!!

Buttons loves top gear too! He is such a boy, he also loves watching the F1! And as I've said before he sometimes decides to attack my OH's Xbox games, but the only one he pulls out is the F1 2011 game, he loves sitting next to Elliot while he plays that!! Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Grace our old bun loves Dr Who and only Mike and Grace are allowed in the lounge to watch it....I'm not as Mike say's I natter too much Rolling Eyes

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:02 pm

My hubby insists Snuffie is a football fan (which I am not) saying he sits and watches it in the afternoon if he happens to be in the sitting room. He has the run of the house (Snuffie I mean, not Paul LOL) so he can be anywhere at any time.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:20 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote: Bruce will watch shaun the sheep and top gear. And I know he is watching them because normally he will sit in front of the t.v. looking at me, but when they are on he sits in front of me and looks at the t.v.

How funny! All boy. Our precious Lady loved children's programming. The preschool stuff. I'd leave the TV on PBS's channel 'Sprout' to keep her company if we were gone. She would run and binky all over the place when the children sang a happy song. I miss her.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 am

Clawed used to drive Misty crazy when the poor collie wanted to watch One Man and His Dog. It always seemed to be on when Clawed was at her most playful.

Lil Loll seems to rather enjoy listening to the Who... or maybe that's because its what he's most subjected to. He does look like a dandy lil Mod though so maybe he Really does binky to My Generation through sheer joy!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm

What a lovely post.

That has made me smile. x x
KatieB