Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skankiest rabbits in the world!

+2
gentl
NickieM
6 posters

Go down

Skankiest rabbits in the world! Empty Skankiest rabbits in the world!

Post by NickieM Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm

What are you doing this Bank Holiday? Well today, I had the day off (we don't get the BH up in Scotland) and as it is raining, I decided to clear up their pens.

They are a bit Heath Robinson, and are NIC cubes sat on thick polythene then carpet. Think that would save my carpet .... NO!! I discovered that Sasha has been peeing in a corner and it has gone through a hole that she appears to have strategically bitten thus leaving the most hideous stain on the carpet underneath. Hissy Hissy The only saving grace is that the carpet is getting changed next year.

She has also bitten another hole so she can bite a nice big hole in said carpet right down to the underlay.

Today I have put them into their small pens and have dismantled the big pens and am now scratching my head wondering how I can stop the destructobuns from wrecking my house. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Skankiest rabbits in the world! Empty Re: Skankiest rabbits in the world!

Post by gentl Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

No holiday here in the USA today. Next Monday we have what we call Labor Day. Labor Day is an American federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 3 in 2012) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.

For many it's a party weekend. In the part of the country that I live in the weather is still quite warm and many people normally got to a lake and camp, swim or at least picnic. This Summer has been so hot and dry though that some of the lake's water levels have gotten so low that there have been algae blooms that are quite hazardous and swimming and boating is discouraged.

I'll get to spend the weekend helping my friend's brother go through her things sorting them out. Crying or Very sad
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm

I know all about desctructive bunnies love, There are numerous things which over the years have had to be replaced because it was "Snuffled"
We now have a baby as you know and he is a little tinker too, so we are being ultra vigilant. The Argos catalogue has already taken a hammering LOL!!

We now have vinyl floor instead of carepet; I prefer carepet it makes the place seem more homely but it just isn't worth it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hugs

Jo xxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm

I've slept and binkied and eaten more than once - it's been a lovely day Very Happy

As you know, Gizmo is a destructobun. Our pen is on a carpet offcut which cost about £15 for a bit over ten feet long by nearly four feet wide. Humum makes sure she gets something with a flat pile rather than a raised pattern, as Gizmo does dig and bite at it. Neither of us widdle outside of our litter trays so there's no problem with our carpet getting wet or stained. Because we have such a big pen we have lots of toys, hidey-holes, tunnels, blankies, hanging things and things to chew on. The pop-up cubes are a huge success - Gizmo sleeps in ours and Jack sleeps in his one downstairs. It's one of the few things Gizmo could easily destroy but hasn't. He has to be watched like a hawk if he is allowed out to free-range though - carpet, wallpaper, skirting-boards, doors and wires are just not safe and the house echoes with the sound of 'Oi! Gizmo! No!' until we are shut back in No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Nickie try this. Daisy has been unable to wreck it. And believer me he has tried. Not very pretty but has been a godsend!

http://www.william-armes.co.uk/product/Athena/
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 am

I took Steve his birthday cake up to him, and then we just relaxed together and tried to work out why I have a sudden change in eating habits amongst other things then he drops the bombshell, maybe you are pregnant, my jaw dropped on that one Shocked
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down