Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It must be rubbish being a rabbit

5 posters

Go down

It must be rubbish being a rabbit Empty It must be rubbish being a rabbit

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm

in the sense that you are pretty much at the bottom of the food chain. I was out in the garden again letting the Vince trio out on the lawn. The rex trio were on the lawn in the trixie run and one of them panicked and the rex's ran up the tunnel to the play house. Vince ran for his life and hid around the back of the aviary and Hazel just froze in fear. I was knelt next to her at the time and I picked up on her fear and scanned the garden for danger, looking for Mr Fox. I couldn't see any threat, so I reassured Hazel and when I relaxed, so did she and promptly ate my primroses No . But, for a few moments then, I thought I was a rabbit and I felt the fear and panic I saw in Hazel's eyes and I thought how rubbish it must be to be everyones prey and to live life on the edge where you could be killed and eaten at any time. Hats off to buns I say cos I sure wouldn't want to be one.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

It must be rubbish being a rabbit Empty Re: It must be rubbish being a rabbit

Post by icedancer Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Poor buns. They do seem to just get scared for no reason, but as you say it isn't a surprise.

One day soon after the clocks changed I got home from work and it was already dark. I turned the light on and went straight over to Florence to stroke her. She completely lost it, and was shaking in fear. I felt awful that I'd scared her so much, poor thing probably thought I was an eagle or something.

Now I always leave it a good little while when I get home before I try and pick her up, so she knows I'm there.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I always call to them as they do get spooked. Once they hear my voice they relax.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 pm

You are right! Everything is out to get them. On top of that they are so fragile and prone to so many illnesses, and have so much trouble fighting germs off.

So many of them are neglected in hutches and so many mistreated. I wouldnt want to come back as a bun thats for sure.

Its such a shame for a creature that really is so very magical!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Reading this Lil Loll says, "Why do ya think I live safe in a house with a vergan?"
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

The poor darlings do get scared so easily. My hubby was washing something heavy in the washing machine and it got off balance and sounded like a GIGANTIC bunny thumping.

It took us several hours to get him calm again. He kept thumping and trying to warn us! Lots of attention and some tiny slivers of apple finally brought him around.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down