Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-)

+16
jolovesbunnies
marleyNfriends
wizbit
lizzi_b
Velvet.Tears
LilyGrace
fiver
Josie
JoeyBunsMum
KatieB
Thumper2001
woodwench
FarplaceRescue
Sparky
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-)

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Oh Im so sorry to hear Kenzo has gone into stasis.

come on little man, get nomming please.

Maysie, I am sending millions of vibes for both buns, you and mike.

Sending love by the ton too. x x x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-)

Post by LilyGrace Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Come on Kenzo, stay strong.
You too Maysie and Mike....Hugs sending lots of hugs xxxxxxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Come on Kenzo, don't be poorly again please come on boy you can fight it
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Come on Kenzo, Mum and Dad need you to get better.

Hugs and vibes for you all Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Sparky wrote:Is the vet convinced that it is all caused by stress? And that there's nothing physically wrong with him?

I assume you've tried to introduce him to other wimmin? I'm just wondering how he might take to Rosie, and whether putting her next to him would cause him more or less stress.....

We thought he was depressed but he has a blocked cecum.

Yes we have tried him with Katie and Koko and Jess, we won't try him with Rosie as she has been with Murphy since months old and when he get's chance Mike will try to bond them again but at the moment we are trying to get Kenzo better. All our buns have other rabbits next door to them and kenzo has Jess next to him and Katie and Koko and bunnies in front of him.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:03 am

Aw Kenzo my baby Love

Please get well soon, i'm sending my hugs to you Hugs Hugs
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Update from the Bunny ward at 12:20 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 am

Kenzo seems a bit more alert tonight, Mike has been giving him a Vetergesic injection every 8 hours but it's apt to make bunnies a bit sleepy as it's morphine based and of course while they are sleeping they are not eating which is no good when they have GI Stasis so he has given him half the dose of Vetergesic and Kenzo has been nibbling hay and more alert. He also feels a lot warmer, when I felt his ears this morning they were very cold as was his body but tonight he is toasty warm.

Gypsy is wide awake and eating ok and his mouth is not wet , the vet said his mouth was full of saliva when she did his dental so we are hoping it's due to the spur and not the growth on the back of his throat. I am wondering if it could be a polyp as our Bridge bun Bodkin use to get polyps on his tongue and we were told as long as they didn't grow any bigger he was ok and they didn't.

Hoping tomorrow brings an empty feed dish from Kenzo and a dry mouth on Gypsy...that would make me very happy!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Update 10:16am Thursday.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 am

Kenzo...

No change, has not eaten anything off his greens dish from last night. Sad

Gypsy..

Eating ok, mouth dry and not wet like it has been . Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am

Please perk up boys!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 am

I hope the eating improves soon!! Come on you two gobble those greens!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Come on boys, we are all right behind you.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Update 1:29 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Kenzo about the same got him in his play pen hoping a bit of exercise will help , still no poo's which is worrying Sad

Gypsy's mouth is still dry and he had eaten half his food last night and also some hay. Very Happy

We have Kenzo in an indoor home at night so we can watch him and keep him warm, sick bunnies usually go in the middle of the lounge but we have Rosie and Murphy in there trying to get the little monkeys bonded.
Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Kenzo003

Not well at all
Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Kenzo002

Not interested in exercise.
Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Kenzo004

Can I just say not that anyone would stone me for it on here like on some forums but Grace's indoor hutch below Kenzo's is only for sleeping in during the night, Grace is free range all day to about midnight. We bought her this hutch this year as we thought it would be warmer for her than her old indoor cage as she is an old Lady. Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Maysie, needs must. You have to do what you have to do.

We know everything you do is for the buns x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 pm

It didn't even cross my mind about Graces hutch Hugs

Get well soon Kenzo. He is such a gorgeous boy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Will he move away from you if you were to slowly chase him Maysie. I ask because movement is very beneficial in to human gut motility. You will often find that severely depressed people will also complain of constipation because they have been doing very little exercise. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to buns, the difference being that you can't drag your rabbit out for a walk. I wondered whether you could encourage Kenzo to take a couple of turns about the room by slowly moving behind him so he is encouraged to move but he is not overly stressed? And just maybe he might perk up if he has some free range opportunity flirt with your other single lady buns and maybe begin to want to live again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Will he move away from you if you were to slowly chase him Maysie. I ask because movement is very beneficial in to human gut motility. You will often find that severely depressed people will also complain of constipation because they have been doing very little exercise. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to buns, the difference being that you can't drag your rabbit out for a walk. I wondered whether you could encourage Kenzo to take a couple of turns about the room by slowly moving behind him so he is encouraged to move but he is not overly stressed? And just maybe he might perk up if he has some free range opportunity flirt with your other single lady buns and maybe begin to want to live again.

He has been in his play pen since this morning and he has girls each side of him and is surrounded by bunnies, he has had a little walk round but a lot of it is the Vetergesic injection he is on them every 8 hours and they make him sleepy.
We did ask our vet about exercise for Kenzo and she said just gentle excercise for him. At the moment it's his blocked secum that is the problem not so much the depression. His tummy is tender and he is uncomfortable.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Update 7:04 Rang Vets for Advice

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Mike has just rang our vet for advice and Mike is taking him back tomorrow first thing. Mike has bought him some carrot tops and fresh papaya and dill to see if it will tempt him to eat but no he is just not interested. Mike is still syringe feeding him and has been putting 1/2 a teaspoon of pear baby food and banana baby food in with the Critical Care as he likes that.
He is now mashing some papaya to put in his 8:00 syringe feed.

Our vet is going to x-ray his tummy tomorrow, please God it's nothing serious Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Pray

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Sickbun

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Is he not on any gut motility meds?

AFAIK, the Vetergesic is just plain relief....?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I am sending you lots of get well vibes for the little mite. x

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Sending him loads and loads of vibes hun, hugs for you too, its so hard when they are poorly x xx x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Sparky wrote:Is he not on any gut motility meds?

AFAIK, the Vetergesic is just plain relief....?

Yes he is on Metacam, Metroclopmaride and zantac.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Thinking of Kenzo (and You two) tomorow. Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Empty Update Friday 9:29 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

Kenso has a very blocked cecum and it's serious but we have to just carry on syringe feeding him and giving him the meds till it moves. He's back there tomorrow at the vets at 10.00 Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:17 am

More vibes for Kenzo Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Goodvibes

We know you can pass that poo Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Sick0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:More vibes for Kenzo Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Goodvibes

We know you can pass that poo Vibes Please for Gypsy & Kenzo / Eaten well today :-) - Page 2 Sick0019

Laughing that's made me laugh.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next