Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not?

+4
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
Dotdot
8 posters

Go down

Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not? Empty Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not?

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,
MASSIVE apologies for my disappearance I'll do a post to catch up with you all later.

Just need some quick advice, Tigger has refused her breakfast. She's been hopping around a bit and has been tempted with some Fenugreek crunchies but still won't eat anything else. May be a tummy ache or just not having a good day but any advice would be appreciated!

Xx

Last edited by Dotdot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not? Empty Re: Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm

I think my advice would always be for a vet check if a bun is not eating. It could be teeth it could be tummy but only the vet can give a definitive answer on that. With Christmas bearing use I would down on have a check now before it gets difficult and expensive to get appointments.

Back to top Go down

Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not? Empty Re: Tigger under the weather U/D She's ok, but not?

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Try Tigger on some fresh herbs such as Rocket, Coriander or Dill as that sometimes tempt's them to eat when nothing else does, we usually give a little pineapple juice when they have a tummy ache but you can't rule out that it is something else that can be more serious like bloat or a blockage. Exercise can sometimes help and get's things moving.
I'd keep your eye on her and if her appetite doesn't pick up I'd be apt to ring the Vet.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

When I wrote that I'd just come home from a couple of days at my OH's, my mum had been looking after the monkeys and she gave me a call when I said I was on my way home to say Tigger wasn't eating breakfast.
Got home and mum said she had tempted her with crunchies and that was all she managed but she had been pooing and weeing (poos slightly smaller than normal)
I've been out about an hour and a half with her. Lots of cuddles and kisses. She has perked up, no longer hunched up and I managed to get her to eat a couple of pellets (one she willingly took from the bowl herself), she's eating hay too after I completely cleaned out all hay from beds, and even had some carrot.
Also she's flopped out.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Oh and her stomach isn't hard.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh that's good she has eaten something and her tummy isn't hard maybe she is feeling a bit brighter Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Thank you for your advice the both of you.
I've just been shopping and bought a duvet to put over the hutch, a snuggle safe heat pad, dill, coriander and fresh pineapple.

She's happily munching on coriander and dill now along with hay so I think she's getting there.

This last happened in either May or July and the vets gave me critical care so I had a packet left over so if she wasn't eating I'd have given her that or pellets mushed in warm water (would that have been right?)

I just can't believe how happier she is now I'm home, what a gorgeous mummy's girl Very Happy
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

That is good news, please give her a nose rub from her Auntie Jo Jo.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Aww, she was maybe just missing you!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Glad she is ok.

I found out last night that Fenugreek is an appetite stimulant so can be a good thing to give them if they're reluctant to eat Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah fenugreek crunches are great for that! That's why I gave her some right away.

Maybe she did miss me, she decided to give food a chance as soon as I went in.

I've given her tea and her appetite has returned Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Sorry hun Ive only just seen this.

Glad she is happily munching again! Bless her. Sounds like she missed her mummy x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Maybe she was missing me? When I was stressed at uni she got ill, bless her heart.
Her cheeky self is back, moving her hay box around if it's in the way and started grunting at my OH when he moved the hay the slightest bit.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 am

This morning she was hopping around looking happy, being cheeky moving her hay box around. She ran straight to her pellets when we got them out and munched straight away.
She stopped half way through and hopped off busy with I don't know what and then went for a poo. We put the bowl in front of her when she finished and she ate some more. Before going to the toilet she put her ears down and they haven't really come up since. She's flopping out so I'm not sure what's going on really scratch

Also she happily just ate some fresh pineapple and came running out from her hiding place when I rustled a packet of dill.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 pm

maybe she is just confused from you being away!!Ive heard this happen before! I guess try and give her as much fuss and attention as possible!! If you are really worried, maybe go to the vets! Sending vibes to her! Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Vibes for the gorgeous Tigger. Hope she is ok x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Oh I'm so glad she is back to her old self that's good news and it does seem as if she has missed you from what you have written, Bless her, it does happen. We had to contact an owner about her boarding bunny as he just wouldn't eat or settle at all and just hid under the hay. They had to come and collect the little fellow and they said he was happy and content and eating when they got him back home.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 pm

It's strange though because we've been apart for a couple of days so many times before and shes been absolutely fine about it, maybe she's suddenly just had enough. I'm going to keep an eye on her the next couple of days and of I'm not happy then I'll take her to the vets just to check there is no underlying problems. It's just strange that she is her normal self but couldn't be bothered with all of her pellets and just looks a little sad, maybe that's just the effect ears down has on me!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Hunni,

How is she?

Does she have any dribble under her chin? Has she been shaking her head at all?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for asking Katie Smile

She has been much better compared to that day when I came home, she continues to improve and I love seeing those naughty quirks return!

Yesterday Afternoon when I went for a visit she sprinted across the shed as I opened the door shaking her head with excitement which was then followed by a little binky. She ate all her tea last night and was being cheeky playing with a hay cake with me and throwing her hay box about. Also gave plenty of kisses Love

This morning she was much more excited about pellets than she was the day before. She's been doing her typical comic circling and dived head first in the bowl. She ate almost all of them which is an improvement.
She ate all her tea again tonight, grunted at me because I gave Jeeves coriander first (how dare I) and has been giving poor jeeves a good old hump.

All these characteristics I've mentioned we're not there the first day but the second and third they have been returning Smile

Yesterday morning she was actually sat still shaking her head a bit, I did find that odd. The head shaking has lowered today and is more excitement related but there is no dribble. Why do you ask?
I wondered teeth but she's been eating more and more pellets each day and even on the first day when we came gone she was eagerly eating fenugreek crunchies which are much harder than her pellets.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 am

This morning she's even better again. Eaten all her pellets and even started on Jeeves', ahh back to bunny normality!!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down