Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

+14
Vince the bunny
wizbit
fiver
FluffSlave
Big Ears
Vegan_bunny
JoeyBunsMum
Sparky
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
Thumper2001
Dotdot
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY Empty Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

Post by Dotdot Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 pm

No, not a small question, but one about wee!

I said in another section of the forum about these mysterious puddles forming. I couldnt decide if it was tigger weeing or the shed leaking.
Well me and OH have checked the shed and there are no signs of wetness. These puddles also form in different areas of the shed so we would have several areas to look for leaks, but nothing!

These puddles are slightly warm but have no smell and very hard to see colour on the green floor or grey tint paper towel when I wipe them up. There's also no smell.
I found a puddle on the white platform and it had the slightest yellow tint to it so definitely wee but once again no smell. I'm almost convinced they're coming from Tigger- strange because she is normally very litter trained.
She seems to be drinking a lot.

Is this a side affect to her being ill? She wasn't doing it yesterday, and hasn't eaten much hay (as odd as it sounds) could it just be passing right through her? Like when humans drink loads of water our wee is pale.

Last edited by Dotdot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY Empty Re: Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm

If you are concerned syringe it up and ask the vet to check it.

Back to top Go down

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY Empty Re: Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm by no means a wee expert, but this could be her reclaiming her territory Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 pm

The territory markings came to mind too. But i am not a wee expert. Sometimes the wee has no scent(to our human nose) when they mark territory. I have no idea why.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Yes I think it could be a territory thing with her being away so long but if you are worried about her I would do what Cheryl said and syringe some wee for the vet to examine.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 am

gentl wrote:Sometimes the wee has no scent(to our human nose) when they mark territory. I have no idea why.

Really? How strange! It sounds like that's what she's doing then. She's always been the dominant one.
I'm not overly concerned yet, more confused. I'll keep an eye on it and see how we go before I take a sample.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Told Caroline about puddles, she was off to her vet anyway so asked for me.
Vet said to give Tigger a 28 day course of Panacur to treat it as urine incontinence is a sign of e.cuniculi and while she may not have it full blown she is very susceptible to any bugs/worms etc.
Pale wee can also have something to do with not having enough toxins in the wee.

I'm going to get the dog/cat stuff as it will be cheaper- Caroline advised me 0.22ml per kg.
I need to treat Jeeves too, but do I give him 28 day or just 9?

I'm undecided. I want to give it to him for prevention, but he has been exposed to it and he is under stress and more likely to get ill so want to treat him for it. Argh.

Apologies if it lacks sense, sounded right in my head. I've had a lot of info crammed in there the past month Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY Blowup

You'll be happy to know I just went down and rather than loads of huge puddles of pale wee I have found only a couple of dots of orange/brown wee. Seems like a plus to me.

Last edited by Dotdot on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 pm

If the vet thinks it might be infection be safe and do the longer dose especially if he is stressed. Stress is more likely to bring on the illness. Did she tell you to get the 10% liquid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes she did Smile Thanks Cheryl!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Another update. Sorry!!

Just ran out to get panacur come back and find her swaying her head side to side ever so slightly and staring. Looks like we have the start of e.cuniculi! Sad Honestly, my poor little girl.
Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY Th_030dd4b2
Click for video ^^

Caroline said she has been great at taking meds at hers but just tried to offer her the syringe of panacur and she ran away. Back to normality regarding medicine then Tigger!! Smile

I've heard mini shredded wheat are good but does it pose any risk giving them to them both for 28 days, especially her since she had coccidiosis and now presumably e.cuniculi.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:22 pm

I think is poses less of a risk of over stressing her which I would consider to be the biggest risk. But it is only if she will take it that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I'd certainly give her the 28 day course of Panacur and put her on it straight away if you can.

Looking at her head it could be tiredness as some of our buns sway or rock when they are tired or it could be e.cuniculi I can't really tell from the video.

Just get her on the panacur and see how she goes on.

Sending all the Vibes I can for her xxxxxxxxx

and hugs for you as Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Blimmin Nora Sad Poor Tigger, it seems all this stress has really allowed things to take hold.

Im not sure what to say other than lots and lots of vibes for the both of them, and hugs to you too Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you all. Can't quite believe it! It is only the slightest sway and you can't really tell with my hands shaking Laughing

Managed to get panacur into both of them. Both refused syringe but managed it on herbs. Both noticed it on there so I had to turn it round and try and trick them. Since it's going to be a long 28 days I'm going to try giving it to them different ways.

I think what's worrying me more is trying to make sure they take the stuff. Glad I got a 100ml bottle of the stuff, I can tell I'm going to use more than the required dose from spillage and waste. Rolling Eyes

Thank you all again, time for me to de-stress a bit. x
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Oh Hunni I don't believe it. What a nightmare.

I'm sending her loads of love and some hugs for you Hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Wish we lived nearer to you Dotdot we would help you .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks Maysie, that means a lot to me!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Oh no, poor Tigger - she is really going through the mill, isn't she? Sad

Poor you too - how very distressing Hugs Hugs Hugs

We have a mini shredded wheat every day, just in case we do ever need meds in them we are already used to having them. Humum can't imagine any reason not to give them, and we do love them and nom them up.

Do they usually have Basil? Because apparently it's a nice strong taste to mask the Panacur, and the shape is good for getting a dose on and rolling up to feed.

Loads and loads of vibes for Tigger, and to echo what Maysie said - if only you were closer. We know how tough it is to have poorly bunnies and would happily help out if we could Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank you Sparky, really appreciate the thought! I should move further up the country I think Laughing

I'm trying to keep a brave face Smile I know I've caught it early and that's something.

Slightly worried as she is due her myxi jab soon and of course can't have it.

Are mini shredded wheat and 'bite size' shredded wheat the same or even smaller?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Dotdot wrote:Thank you Sparky, really appreciate the thought! I should move further up the country I think Laughing

I'm trying to keep a brave face Smile I know I've caught it early and that's something.

Slightly worried as she is due her myxi jab soon and of course can't have it.

Are mini shredded wheat and 'bite size' shredded wheat the same or even smaller?

Oh no, poor Tigger Sad At least you have aught things early, even though you won't feel it much of a consolation at the moment!

Mini shredded wheat and bite size are they same things, I think they just changed the name a few years ago. Have you tried using blueberries to put the medication in? This is what I'm currently doing with Joey.

Sending her loads of vibes Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Not tried blueberries, will buy some tomorrow and see what they think. I can tell there's going to be a lot of bribing!

The consolation is she is feeling well enough to play up and refuse the syringe. Both sped to their bowl of pellets when I put them down which is fantastic as Saturday night to Sunday evening they refused to eat them.

How is the beautiful Joey?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Just have to say I think it's great that you spotted Tigger was not quite right so quickly and are acting on it so thoroughly. She must have every chance of making a fantastic recovery in super-quick time, and I really hope she does Hugs

If you do contact the RWAF, try to get the form in by Friday as that's when Richard looks at them.

Dotdot wrote:Slightly worried as she is due her myxi jab soon and of course can't have it.
When we were reading up on the combined vaccine, it seems that there are still plenty of antibodies in the system for quite a while after the period when the booster should have been due. So although it's best practice to get the jabs on time, she will still have some protection so I wouldn't fret too much about myxi until she is over this illness Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks Sparky Smile she's not been her normal self anyway but I knew something wasn't right and marking territory couldn't go on for so long especially in areas G&S weren't allowed.

You'll have to bare with me- what form?

Forgot to answer before, last time I tried basil they were completely offended by it Laughing Wouldn't go anywhere near it. May try again though.

Sparky wrote:When we were reading up on the combined vaccine, it seems that there are still plenty of antibodies in the system for quite a while after the period when the booster should have been due. So although it's best practice to get the jabs on time, she will still have some protection so I wouldn't fret too much about myxi until she is over this illness Thumbs Up
Thanks! that fills me with confidence.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Ah, sorry - when you have joined the RWAF, if you want to consult Richard Saunders you need to download the form highlighted orange halfway down this page fill it in and send it to them by fax or email Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Fantastic! Thank you!!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next