Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have

+10
Sparky
Ruffin
dizzylynn
Happy Hoppers
Jay
NSD
LilyGrace
Velvet.Tears
Amelia66
icedancer
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have  Empty Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have

Post by icedancer Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Florence has been terrible this past week. She has managed to steal and eat/attack and eat

A ready salted pringle (stolen from hubbys lap)
Popcorn (stolen on two separate occasions, today she got her head right in my bowl of it and had to tell her to go away No)
Some of my hair
The rubber off her brush

I'm going to have to stop eating on the sofa when she's out. It's asking for trouble. And maybe wear a hat to stop the hair chewing.

What have yours managed?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have  Empty Re: Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have

Post by Amelia66 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm

icedancer wrote:
I'm going to have to stop eating on the sofa when she's out. It's asking for trouble. And maybe wear a hat to stop the hair chewing.

What have yours managed?

For some reason i read that as 'im going to have to stop eating the sofa when shes out' ROFL

Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have  Empty Re: Food/things your bunny has eaten that they shouldn't have

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Amelia66 wrote:
icedancer wrote:

What have yours managed?

For some reason i read that as 'im going to have to stop eating the sofa when shes out' ROFL

Oh good i'm not the only one then ROFL
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 pm

I read it that way too!

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Luna has nicked half a mint aero bar from my bedside table before and managed to eat a far bit of it!!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I am pretty lucky - my pair think the only things hoomins eat is any good is the fruit and veg. Everything else is Yu-cky! (and you all know about Flo and the cauliflower)

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am

Alaska tries to steal chocolate. Paris likes tea. They all seem to like tomato soup. Paris is a monster for tea though, you can't put a cup on the floor because she'll knock it over and drink the contents.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 am

Once mine stole a banana out of my mouth, but that's more unhealthy than something they're not meant to eat.

Josephine LOVES dried dog food, to the point where I have to search for and hide every single piece before I let her into the garden.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

I thought you were going to stop eating the sofa as well Embarassed Wink

Stewie will grab, at any opportunity:

Toast, Doritos, wine, brandy, cider and pizza. Leave these unattended for more than 10 secs, and they are usually gone!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:57 am

Besides from copious amounts of wiring, phone chargers and laptop cables ours have also eaten a BLT, licked a glass of WKD, dog biscuits, envelope flaps (the sticky bit) and bacon flavour wheat crunchies.

I've also had to remove a cigar from one of the before as well. Shocked
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Elastic band, what a panic I was in.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh and my laptop charging wire. wee begger that he is.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Ohh yes Luna loves cat biscuits too! Thistle couldn't care for them, but as soon as she is out she heads off to look for Minstrel's bowl!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 pm

[b]Ruffin loves Minto's cat treats she pushes the poor cat out of the way last week she raided Anns shopping bag pulled out a tomato and ran of with it she had an onion a few weeks ago mind you she soon brought it back then last Fri Ann gave the cat a bit of fish she had left from her fish and chips Ruffin thought that was great. Jazz and Fizz loved my cups of tea when they were inside and Thorntons toffee just the sort of stuff all bunns love.
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:30 pm

ROFL at all the other things they've eaten. I don't feel so bad now at Florence stealing popcorn Rolling Eyes

I can just imagine Stewie sitting there with a piece of pizza and a cider.

A cigar Sooz?! You've got to elaborate Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Ruffin, can we see pics of Minto?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Sooz wrote:I've also had to remove a cigar from one of the before as well. Shocked
Laughing Nothing like a good cigar after a fine meal Wink

Ruffin wrote:[b]Ruffin had an onion a few weeks ago mind you she soon brought it back
ROFL

My Humum has more of a problem getting me to eat things than stopping me. I don't eat enough hay and turn my nose up at all adult bunny pellets. I do go loopy for plantain.

She did try offering me a bit of cooking apple a while ago. That was just mean Sad (or, in human terms - 'hilarious' Rolling Eyes )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Mine never got to eat anything other than boring veg, pellets and hay - because they were outside ........ but

once they escaped and Gloria ate all the annuals that I had just lovingly planted in the garden and which were just starting to flower.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm

icedancer wrote:
A cigar Sooz?! You've got to elaborate Laughing

Well firstly it was Marley, who was a Dutch which pretty much speaks for itself really. Laughing
DH had a packet of hamlets under the coffee table and Marley took a liking to the box, ran off with it not realising he had hold of a cigar rather than the packet and eventually everything fell away bar the one cigar he was holding on to! We got it back off him pretty sharpish, it's an expensive enough habit for a human. Laughing

He also used to take DH's sunglasses and run off with those but they didn't get eaten. I'm not quite sure what the appeal of those was. scratch
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

[b]Ruffin is forever running off with my glasses she must have bad eye sight. trouble is when she has run off with them I havn't any glasses to go and find them Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 am

Our first bunny, Trooper, loved chocolate cake and would scale any obstacles and manage to get the cake cover nudged over enough to help himself.

Ottoman-chair-end table-dining chair- dining table-dining chair- kitchen counter- high counter.......and he was a parabunn. His back half didn't work.

We never saw him do this, but it was the only way he could get there...and of course, the chocolate paw prints sort of gave him away. The chocolate and sugar didn't hurt him thankfully.

We had a cat that loved tomato sauce. No pizza was safe!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:31 pm

I must say, I'm loving this thread ROFL
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Phone Chargers x3 - also often found in multiple pieces afterwards
Carpet
Lino
Ham Sarnie Shocked
My toast
Laptop Cable
My hand bag
Makeup bag
My beautiful french style storage trunk
My chest of drawers - not eaten, but theyve made a good start!
My mums wicker chair Laughing
My work shirt
Electric cable for my bedside lamp
Foam Mats
Hamster/Rat food
Rodent treats
This list will probably continue to grow over the next few hours as i think about what the buns have eaten rather than what i should be doing for my college assignment Razz
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Marshall isnt really into hoomin food right now, but he has eaten various other household objects

1x phone charger
all the wallpaper under my heater >.>
hamster food
3x pairs of shoes, always on the toes you cant put shoes down in here without them being destroyed

... think thats all hes managed to get his fuzzy little paws on so far
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Jay wrote:I must say, I'm loving this thread ROFL

Me too!! And it's making me feel not quite such a bad bunny mummy for "allowing" (not that I had any choice) Florence to eat some of the stuff she has Embarassed Embarassed
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next