Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trying to decide

2 posters

Go down

trying to decide Empty trying to decide

Post by dizzylynn Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 am

For charlies run, how much height would he benifit from, if I say made it my shoulder height making a level for him would this be save enough, (level waist height no higher) to add extra floor area without taking up to much space in the garden, leaving enough space for the second run for the other 2, without loosing to much garden area over all. I am building it myself hubby is taking to long so I think I can manage most of it myself. Going up today to get angle brackets, joining plates and longer nails. as well as a few more lengths of 2 x 2 my only hard bit is making a door. I am not sure where is best to put it and how best to make it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

trying to decide Empty Re: trying to decide

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

The normal guidance is 2ft high so anything bigger than this is a bonus hun.

Sounds like you have your work cut out! Im useless at building stuff, so I wish you luck! x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 am

Its about 4ft high over all, with a bit higher for a peak so dont have to crouch to much to get in it, so 1 side I might add a level, but not have it to high that he falls off and hurts himself, its over monoblocks. Not grass. I was thinking about removing his window, and extend it onto the level, but like a box if you understand, with a cat flap at the end going onto the level. The window lets all the cold in anyway, and would save cutting a hole in the house elsewhere. My main bother will be the door/gate end will need hubby to help with that.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down