Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burgess video - cube

4 posters

Go down

Burgess video - cube Empty Burgess video - cube

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 am

Burgess have posted this video of buns using the product which I think gives a better idea of what it is.

This has put me off even more. As far as I can see it is a hay cube with added pellets. And as we know, one size does not fit all with rabbit food so how are burgess going to adapt the product for that. Does anyone know how much they are going to cost yet?

Back to top Go down

Burgess video - cube Empty Re: Burgess video - cube

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 am

I don't know what to think of them really, I much prefer unlimited good quality hay I think, they are very much like the hay cakes and all our buns did was to pull them apart and leave them and so they got wasted.

They sound very heavy Shocked

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 pm

That one rabbit didn't look too impressed, did it? It truly scares me because as I think someone has said--the cube will just be tossed in like those little packets of detergent for the laundry and the poor bunny will have even less time with it's hu-parent.

The fact that the bunny may demolish and eat it all or soil the cube so it runs out of food for a few hours...or days. So MANY bunny owners don't feed their charges properly as it is.

I can just see my Lady sitting on the darn thing for a good toileting session. We tried and tried to get her to use bowls, but when we finally got down to the smallest on the market, she would take her time to settle herself on it and still pee/poo. That was not the type of stimulation I look for. When rabbits 'share' their food it would not often be fair to both bunnies. We saw in the video that one of the bunnies picked up the cube and carry it away leaving the other bunny w/o food Crying or Very sad

The ONLY use I can see is if you are traveling. When I made our great Odyssey of ~1500 miles(~2414K) it would have made dealing with the
hay /pellets/herbs less difficult and much neater. Other opinions?

~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Burgess have posted on their FB page that they will retail at £6.99 for a box of 4.

Personally I think that they will be discontinued quickly as I can't see anyone paying that much for what would turn out to be 4 days food in my house. It meets neither the lazy/uneducated owner nor the educated/motivated owners requirements in a food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

I wouldn't buy it. I once bought some hay cookies, but apart from chucking them out of the cage, they didn't touch them! Mine love to have a proper forage and dig around in their hay to properly sniff out the best bits! And to find the occasional fenugreek treat I might mix in as well Very Happy

The only use that I could personally see for them would be as an occasional treat food if they had enough exciting bits in! And even then, they'd have to be bloody good to warrant that price!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 pm

i think thats a bit expensive,specially if thats for 4 days worth of food,i would expect gold flecks in the food for that price,i would have said,there good for people who dont give unlimited hay ect ect but i cant really imagine a lot of people spending that much when you can get a decent bag of pellets and hay for that amount
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Sue_pawz wrote:The only use that I could personally see for them would be as an occasional treat food if they had enough exciting bits in! And even then, they'd have to be bloody good to warrant that price!

agree with this too
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 pm

And they have now posted this photo as well. Illustrating the contents.

Burgess video - cube 420399_10150637049127936_366828862935_8954721_45396029_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down