Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something not right with Junior...?

+8
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
Sparky
KatieB
Amelia66
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Thumper2001
12 posters

Go down

Something not right with Junior...? Empty Something not right with Junior...?

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Something's bothering me about him and I can't seem to shake it.

In the beginning, he was the one that would come to us and Molly would run a mile to avoid being touched. Over the last week, Molly has turned into a complete nutter Shocked She runs about like a lunatic, all round the living room, up and down the stairs and if a door has been left open, she is off like a shot.

Junior on the other hand has become very quiet. He's happy to be left alone and will just sit in the same spot unless given a nudge by Molly. Which happens frequently. In the morning or when I come home from work, Molly is straight to the pen door to greet me but Junior either stays where he is or has a slow walk over, purely because Molly is there.

He's not ill. He's got a heathy appetite and could poop for Britain. It's like he's just in his own little world.

He was such a sweet boy in the beginning, I don't know what we've done to him Crying or Very sad

Should I be concerned or do I just need to stop being stupid?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Something not right with Junior...? Empty Re: Something not right with Junior...?

Post by icedancer Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm

He's probably still settling in. I'm sure he's fine Hugs

Florence from the start was a little live wire, she's always been lively, interested in everything, and a real nutter. Dougal is the complete opposite. He will show you interest if he wants a tickle, or there's food about. If the pen is open Florence is out within seconds, Dougal isn't bothered at all. He's ventured out of the pen once, and I think that was only because he was missing Florence.

It might just be everything was new to begin with but now he's settling in in his own way. He's probably still finding it all a bit weird.

Trouble is with bunnies once you start thinking there is a problem you can't shake that idea off can you.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Something not right with Junior...? Empty Re: Something not right with Junior...?

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm really sure you've done nothing wrong! Joey took weeks to settle in and weeks to become comfortable with us and his surroundings. Even now he's not the most 'live wire' bun you'll meet. They all have different personalities.

I'm sure he's fine.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:43 pm

it may be because molly is so lively you see him as not lively at all, when in fact she may just be hyper and hes just being as he always was. I find marshall goes through days where he seems a little more touchy than usual or more frightened and it can be a number of things from scary noise [our neighbours love to slam their doors all day and their kids are really noisy] to something in the room being different or even hes just not fussed about humans that day. I wouldn't worry too much im sure after he has settled properly he will be absolutely fine Smile
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

You are all probably right on all counts!

It's maybe me that's struggling more than him. These two would rather do their own thing, albeit in very different ways, whereas I could have taken Thumper literally anywhere and she would have been fine, because I was there with her.

And Carla, you are so right about it being difficult to shake the bunny worry when it sets in.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Perhaps he is finding his feet hun. At first its all an adventure and now he is prob just wondering where he fits into it all. Im positive its not something you have done.

Sending him some nose rubs x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Try sitting on the floor with a book and completely ignoring him... that always entices me over no matter how disinterested I am pretending to be Embarassed

Does he actually seem timid / scared or just not bothered?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm

It maybe that he's just a wee bit tired as he may have been playing when you have been out and young buns like them tire so easily, so when you get home he's shattered I wouldn't worry unless he stops eating Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Katieb wrote:Perhaps he is finding his feet hun. At first its all an adventure and now he is prob just wondering where he fits into it all. Im positive its not something you have done.

Thanks Katie Smile

Sparky wrote:Try sitting on the floor with a book and completely ignoring him... that always entices me over no matter how disinterested I am pretending to be Embarassed

I do sit on the floor with them Smile sometimes he will come over, other times he doesn't bother.

All of the above really Hmmm He doesn't like the noise of anything! Be it the hoover, the washing machine or cutlery on plates when we are having dinner. If he hears anything like that, he's scared. Other times he just lies down and watches Molly run around like a loon. He does join in with her sometimes, not even half the time though.

Maybe Maysie is right and he's tired from playing all day.

I've also started wondering since my first post if its anything to do with him being in the pen all day now, whereas last week they were out of it all day scratch

Tuckerbunnies wrote:It maybe that he's just a wee bit tired as he may have been playing when you have been out and young buns like them tire so easily, so when you get home he's shattered I wouldn't worry unless he stops eating Smile
The way he goes at it, I don't see that happening Laughing Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Katieb wrote:Perhaps he is finding his feet hun. At first its all an adventure and now he is prob just wondering where he fits into it all. Im positive its not something you have done.

Thanks Katie Smile

Sparky wrote:Try sitting on the floor with a book and completely ignoring him... that always entices me over no matter how disinterested I am pretending to be Embarassed

I do sit on the floor with them Smile sometimes he will come over, other times he doesn't bother.

All of the above really Hmmm He doesn't like the noise of anything! Be it the hoover, the washing machine or cutlery on plates when we are having dinner. If he hears anything like that, he's scared. Other times he just lies down and watches Molly run around like a loon. He does join in with her sometimes, not even half the time though.

Joey was like this (and still is to an extent). Packets, cutlery, peeling a banana(!) - any slight noise and he was majorly freaked out. He's only ickle and had a big change, what with moving to a new enviroment. Give him a bit more time x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:

Marshall was like this, and also still is a little. He is only just getting used to inside noises and i have had him for just about a year. He just has a more cautious personality and will not leave the room he lives in even if you left the door open and rattled the nuggie bag around ..... he just likes to be where he feels safer. It maybe that junior will be like that too and it will just take him much longer to get used to things that happen around the house.

In a way having molly too may help him as shes curious and will help him loose his fears, that maybe why he only comes over after her. the thinking well she has checked it out and its safe so now i can go over too.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:57 am

Since she has come out of her shell, Molly may be wearing him out playing when you aren't there. From the sounds of it he may get tired just watching her little Energizer Bunny antics! No
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am

Dougal hates the hoover, whereas Florence comes right up to it and watches. I reckon I could probably hoover her (not that I would) and she wouldn't care.

Florence isn't scared of anything, except the washing machine Laughing If that's on she will not go into the kitchen! Other than that she's a bolshy so and so, but then I should have realised that as the first time I saw her when she ran over to us periscoping Love

I'm sure he's fine, just still adjusting
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:35 am

agree with the ladies,spike is the crazy one and snowflake is the grumpy cautious one,give him more time
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 am

i think sometimes just like us they have to settle longer and what you see the first week could have been his natural self but has now decided he would be calm and take it all in.
give him another few days and i rekon he will be like a little dynamo and you will get dizzy with his excitement.
it's not you it's just him chilling Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I'd say it may be because they're so young and their personalities are changing.

When Tigger was their age she used to love sitting on my lap, she would happily be picked up without a fight, would be fairly quiet yet inquisitive.

Now though, she's absolutely mad and will run around like mad shaking her head, she won't come anywhere near my lap and will not be picked up. She has also started pulling around at my clothes if I get in the way and all the toys and hay box cop it too if they're in her path. She certainly makes her presence heard but has turned a bit cowardly!

I'd say its nothing to worry about Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Bless little Joey being scared of banana peeling! It's such a quiet noise Laughing

He is still pretty quiet. He likes to eat and then lie down Laughing Molly is currently running around like a nutter and he's hopping around at a slower speed! Having just peed on my rug. Right at the edge so it's leaked on to the carpet HBWS

We had no accidents last night at all! And already we have a pee No
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 pm

They are doing binkies together!!! Its good to see because I've not seen him do it since the weekend!

Molly was just eating a picture frame Laughing

She's clean off the top shelf that one Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 pm

She's definitely a live wire isn't she Laughing I love a bunny with character

Love

We need some videos!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Ha ha, he is probably deciding what sort of bun he wants to be love, please let us know how they get on.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down