Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!!

+8
gentl
dizzylynn
Tuckerbunnies
fall3n-ang3l
JoeyBunsMum
Dotdot
KatieB
Thumper2001
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!! Empty Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!!

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Plus a few other things Laughing

And a freebie bag of treats from The Hay Experts cheers

Can someone please tell me, should I put a thick layer of megazorb in their litter trays or a thing layer? Or somewhere in between?

And how often do you clean the trays out? With the wood litter, I was doing it 2 - 3 times a day!! Shocked

Thank you!

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!! Empty Re: Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!!

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 pm

We use megazorb....

for the outside guys i use about about 2 cm thick on the top of newspaper and then with a layer of hay on the top.

Daisy has the same but no newspapers

I just tip it into the bin and then antibac wet wipe the tray and then pop the new stuff in.

I do Daisys tray every sort of 36 hrs.....so I changed it this morning so will change it again tomorrow night. The outdoor guys I change it each morning but thats just because there are two of them....

Its good stuff.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!! Empty Re: Megazorb arrived yesterday!!! U/D Really?? Help!!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 pm

I think you have to go with your buns. If they kick out a lot of litter then use a small amount and change regularly. If they are tidy then use a thick layer and pick out the wet bits regularly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Err I'd say so it covers the bottom until you can't see the bottom through it? Not very helpful but I don't put it in thick.

I clean out the soiled areas and pick out the poo's in the morning and then do the same at night. Just leave what isn't dirty in there and top it up Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Megazorb is great stuff Thumbs Up

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 am

Dotdot wrote:Err I'd say so it covers the bottom until you can't see the bottom through it? Not very helpful but I don't put it in thick.

I clean out the soiled areas and pick out the poo's in the morning and then do the same at night. Just leave what isn't dirty in there and top it up Smile

i do this too,it last agers,its brilliant stuff
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy So far, so good. We had no accidents in the living room last night cheers And I didn't put papers down either!! It's probably more comfortable to stand on than the wood litter.

We did have one stray pee in the pen this morning though Suspect

I've got to say though, megazorb feels really strange!! Laughing I was a bit weirded out when I first touched it Laughing

Dotdot wrote:Err I'd say so it covers the bottom until you can't see the bottom through it? Not very helpful but I don't put it in thick.

This is exactly what I did Very Happy I cut out the after work clean Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Ok.... So I've used half the sack already Shocked It arrived 21st March! Shocked

This can't be right... Do my two pee an extraordinary amount?? I don't know if they drink just for the sake of it sometimes.

Or could it be because the litter trays were quite small? (Replaced with bigger ones today)

I've heard these bags last people months and months and months...

Help please? Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

I would expect it to last you about 6 weeks at least hun. How often are you changing it?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm

I clean it out in the morning and in the evening. But they are still having the odd "accident" outside the trays, so the trays aren't even used 100% of the time.

It doesn't sound so ludicrous now you have said 6 weeks. It sounds about right then. I thought it was supposed to last longer Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Katieb wrote:We use megazorb....

for the outside guys i use about about 2 cm thick on the top of newspaper and then with a layer of hay on the top.

Daisy has the same but no newspapers

I just tip it into the bin and then antibac wet wipe the tray and then pop the new stuff in.

I do Daisys tray every sort of 36 hrs.....so I changed it this morning so will change it again tomorrow night. The outdoor guys I change it each morning but thats just because there are two of them....

Its good stuff.

That's what we do as well Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 am

are you cleaning all the litter tray out? if you are,then i would go to a pet shop and buy a poop scoop and just scoop the wet bits out and its so easy just to pick the poo's out of the tray without scooping any megazorb out
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

I am just scooping out the poo and the wet bits but 95% of the tray was wet. There was usually just one teeny corner that was still dry scratch

The trays were small though, maybe I will see a difference now they have bigger ones scratch
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 am

yes your probably right,mine have the big litter trays and since its started to get warmer,ive started to clean them twice a day and there isnt much wastage of megazorb i throw away
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 am

Fingers crossed!

Junior has still peed on the newspaper in the cage Hissy I think I'm going to stop putting paper in and see if it helps. He's a little monkey, I know he knows what the tray is for because he uses it most of the time Rolling Eyes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am

mine are like that,even now they is still stray wee's about,they is loads of poo's every were in the cage but i can cope with that,just wish they would use the tray for all wee's and there is no excuse they have 3 litter trays in there cage HBWS
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 am

It's so frustrating isn't it?? We have good days where all the pee is in the tray but the always poo everywhere!!

I need to get this sorted though because I told my mum they'd be liter trained by the time I go on holiday and they go to stay with her, probably in July pale
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 am

you can tell her there 95% litter trained Laughing i think you may be getting a few angry texts while your away lol i think ive just got lazy buns,2 of the litter trays are so close together,they could do two hops and there in the second tray and they do pee right next to the tray
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

fall3n-ang3l wrote: you can tell her there 95% litter trained Laughing i think you may be getting a few angry texts while your away lol i think ive just got lazy buns,2 of the litter trays are so close together,they could do two hops and there in the second tray and they do pee right next to the tray
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think my two are the opposite of lazy, far too exciteable to want to sit in the boring litter tray No Laughing

I know a guy who is trying to toilet train his lab puppy, I could tell my mum a few of his horror stories, Molly and Junior would sound like angels in comparison Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 am

I have never heard of it, is it wood based, I use the wood cat litter pellets, no smell and soaks everything up great, but I put a deep amount in (probs to much) then clean it out when its needed with ranges from 2 - 4 days, maybe I should use less and clean it daily/alter days.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:13 pm

dizzylynn wrote:I have never heard of it, is it wood based, I use the wood cat litter pellets, no smell and soaks everything up great, but I put a deep amount in (probs to much) then clean it out when its needed with ranges from 2 - 4 days, maybe I should use less and clean it daily/alter days.

its very good stuff

Megazorb is a virgin wood pulp product which is taken and dried at high temperature (500oC). This kills off the chance of any moulds, spores or bacteria being present in the bedding, and ensures it is one of the most absorbent beddings on the market today.

Very Economical
Natural Fibre Dried wood fibre pulp. Dust Free & Sterile Dried and sterilised at temperatures up to 500 degrees celsius killing mould, spores and bacteria, dust extracted twice. Ideal for animals with respiratory issues
Superior Absorbency 10 x better than straw, 4 x better than shavings.
Absorbs Odours Absorbs odours therefore reducing insect problems.
Environmentally Friendly & Biodegradable. Breaks down quickly into garden compost resulting in smaller muck heaps
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 pm

This product sounds truly amazing. I'm trying to find a USA equivalent. 'Cuz our little guy is drinking SO much more water now we have it in a bowl. I noticed when I brushed him last night his coat seems shiner too since we switched. Maybe?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:28 pm

I will have a look for that when the bulk bags run out that I have now, I bought 2 huge sacks of them to last a while, they dont go mouldy tho so could be a similar product.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 pm

I considered megazorb at one point, but was told it is very lightweight? My pair like to dig and chuck the litter tray around if it's light enough, so I decided to stick with the wood.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:34 pm

This is probably going to sound really stupid now, but is the megazorb you use called megazorb? I just searched in google and it has come up with a variety of 'pet carefresh' stuff. Should I avoid those and go for the product actually called megazorb? Or is it actually all the same stuff in different packaging?
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next