Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think we should start a support group...

+5
Vince the bunny
Dotdot
KatieB
Sparky
gentl
9 posters

Go down

I think we should start a support group... Empty I think we should start a support group...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 pm

for people who cannot stop looking at rabbit rescue sites. This morning I have been on 2 rescue sites and RR despite not being in the market for any more buns atm. My current obsession is looking at lillie here - http://www.woodsidesanctuary.org.uk/Takemehome/Rabbits/tabid/151/Default.aspx - and worrying that she will get a home where she is properly groomed.

Back to top Go down

I think we should start a support group... Empty Re: I think we should start a support group...

Post by gentl Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Sign me up! I went to that site and looked at the bunnies which I shouldn't have done since I'm ~4551 miles or 7322.56km away. I'm amazed at the numbers of bunny friendly rescues you have. It's wonderful. The state that I live in is about the size of England and most of Scotland yet we have only one rescue(supposed) in the state but they have never answered my queries and their animals on PetFinder have been there for years with really no change. There are a few no-kill that will take rabbits, but they usually have none as there seems to be quite an underground for rabbits and their fate is Crying or Very sad .
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

I think we should start a support group... Empty Re: I think we should start a support group...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I have looked again now. I have a soft spot for Sheldon too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm

We'd be members.

Humum spends ages on the rescue sites, then goes to check the lottery numbers Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I cant look.....there would be tears, followed by bunnies, swiftly followed by a divorce.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh Sheldon Love
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Katieb wrote:I cant look.....there would be tears, followed by bunnies, swiftly followed by a divorce.

lol same here!! I always look for rexes or agouti buns Laughing
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Then don't look at the Woodside page - agoutis ahoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Do you think Sheldon would be like his on-screen namesake? If so, he would be very tidy and an absolute whizz with a calculator.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Katieb wrote:I cant look.....there would be tears, followed by bunnies, swiftly followed by a divorce.

Laughing Laughing So true. In my case, there would be tears, followed by bunnies, swiftly followed by being kicked out of the house with nowhere to live and no money to afford it

One of the HUGE advantages about going on this forum, is that it is actually impossible for me to adopt a bunny in the UK. So, provided I avoid the aussie rescue sites, I can look at the UK ones anytime I want!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 am

NSD wrote:....One of the HUGE advantages about going on this forum, is that it is actually impossible for me to adopt a bunny in the UK. So, provided I avoid the aussie rescue sites, I can look at the UK ones anytime I want!.....
^5

You just have ALL th rescues in AU and I have them in the us. ROFL ROFL
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I would so love her, she is just like my little Miffy who died 2 years ago. With Snuffie being a suspected E cuniculi carrier, I would probably be giving her a death sentance but if there was anyway, I would have this gorgeous little girl.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

I do this too Rolling Eyes

There is only one centre near me and it only opened in August but I've always looked at the other SSPCA centre websites.

I even look at the dogs and small animals.

Why do we do it to ourselves??
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down