Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inappropriate peeing

3 posters

Go down

inappropriate peeing Empty inappropriate peeing

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:48 am

Well, after a number of months happily telling people how well behaved my pair are, they have finally decided to prove me wrong Rolling Eyes

I recently gave them a new C&C set up, and gradually changed things over for them so it wasn't such a huge change for them to get used to. The final part of the change over was to give them a new litter tray and a snuggly cushion to line the cage with. They are using the litter tray, but they have also started pooping around the edges of the tray and on the cushion, and also peeing on the cushion No

I only noticed the peeing when we got home from London the other day and I went to clean them out. The cushion was really quite wet, so I had to go out and buy a new one, then stand out in the rain trying to beat all of the hay, fur and poops off the dirty cushion so I could put it in the wash without fear of clogging the machine with hay (OH would NOT be amused if that happened).

Is there anything I can do to nip this in the bud? They seem to love their new set up, and they adore flopping out on the cushions - they spend a lot of time doing just that. But I don't want them lying in their pee, and also... it kind of makes the front room stink!

Ideas?
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

inappropriate peeing Empty Re: inappropriate peeing

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

have you tried vet bed? there really good as it draws the wee through,so they dont sit in a puddle of there own wee and there quick drying
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Bunapants, tenapants for buns LOL!! sorry that wasn;t very helpful love, My Snuffie has a pillow to lie on and he often wees on it so it needs to be washed every day. He is 10 though and with him the vet says is because of his age.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Again I wondered what I was going to find on opening this thread! Laughing

My pair have always peed on soft furnishings. Cushions, blankets, dog beds everything. They just don't have them any more. Instead they have carpet and seagrass type rugs. There is the odd spot but nothing major. I think you have to just assume it is something they really object to. (mind you that is a lot of changes you have just sprung on them!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down