Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Silver Fox breed anyone?

3 posters

Go down

UK Silver Fox breed anyone? Empty UK Silver Fox breed anyone?

Post by Magoo Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Good evening:o)

Does anybody have or know anything about the breed silver fox rabbit? I've looked it up online but I've only really found information about the silver fox colour or the american silver fox breed which I'm not sure is the same thing!

I thought I knew most breeds of bunnies but this completely threw my when I stumbled across the breed mentioned earlier while reading so any info would be gratefully received, thanks.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

UK Silver Fox breed anyone? Empty Re: UK Silver Fox breed anyone?

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Sorry, i cant help. I know what a Silver Fox looks like, because theyre my dads favourite breed, but i dont know much about them im afraid.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 am

The Silver Fox is a medium-sized breed which originated in various countries more or less simultaneously. Around the 1920's some German, American and British breeders developed this breed by crossing Chinchilla rabbits with Tans. The rabbits have a somewhat longer coat than normal and have markings which we know from the Tan rabbit. The big difference with the Tan is, however, the colour. All the hairs which are red in this small English breed are silver white in the Silver Fox. The Silver Fox occurs in the same colours as the Tan, which means black, chocolate, brown, lilac and blue.
The black colour is still the most popular, possibly because this coat colour is the richest in contrast. Silver Foxes weigh on average three and a half kilograms.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down