Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

+19
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
Sue_pawz
gentl
Bunnylover<3
paullp
Amelia66
Dotdot
Sparky
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
SarahJane
Rachel&Nibbler
Thumper2001
icedancer
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
4390evans
Claireshep
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!! Empty Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 am

One of my rabbits is missing I have no idea how he got out of the garden and there are no sign or clues and the female is still there. I am at a loss I have phoned rescues and vets that are open, leaflet dropped the area and put posters up. What now?? Crying or Very sad He is microchipped but will anyone scan him?
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!! Empty Re: Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

Post by 4390evans Tue May 08, 2012 12:15 am

If he is handed in he will be scanned automatically.
How long has he been missing, I know when mine get out they dont go far usually on the field out the back of in one of the gardens near they are crafty little ******* so you gotta be crafty to. leave some food out for him in the garden as he might still be popping back during the night. I also find on quiet days they are most likely to pop back if they are close by x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!! Empty Re: Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 am

Claireshep wrote:One of my rabbits is missing I have no idea how he got out of the garden and there are no sign or clues and the female is still there. I am at a loss I have phoned rescues and vets that are open, leaflet dropped the area and put posters up. What now?? Crying or Very sad He is microchipped but will anyone scan him?

Oh I am so sorry and I hope to God you get him back, they have a great sence of smell so keep looking out for him I will keep my fingers crossed that he returns. Make sure your other bunny is safe .

I don't think you can do much more than you have done I would have suggested most of what you have already done, Have you been round your neighbours and people in your area with a photo of him asking have they seen him or if they do to contact you.

Oh I'm so upset for you as I know how I would feel , Oh I do hope you find him I really do.

Thinking of you Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks guys, all the leaflet and posters have his photo on and my contact details. He vanished between 11pm saturday night and 7.15am sunday morning. I have left food out on the outside of my garden i'm so so worried someone has stolen him, but I have no idea why they would do that.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 am

Claireshep wrote:Thanks guys, all the leaflet and posters have his photo on and my contact details. He vanished between 11pm saturday night and 7.15am sunday morning. I have left food out on the outside of my garden i'm so so worried someone has stolen him, but I have no idea why they would do that.

I did wonder that he might have been stolen but I hope I'm wrong, it's so upsetting Sad

There is the missing pets list http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp.php?pt=Rabbit

and you could put a photo of him on all the rabbit forums and say when he went missing .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 1:17 am

Thanks so so much trying to add him now to that site. Although another rabbit went missing in Feb from my area I have just seen Crying or Very sad
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 am

Claireshep wrote:Thanks so so much trying to add him now to that site. Although another rabbit went missing in Feb from my area I have just seen Crying or Very sad

Oh no, oh I hope you get up tomorrow and he's back in the garden I really really do Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 am

so sorry to hear he has gone off adventuring i hope he comes back soon x Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 am

This is my worst nightmare, I really hope you find him

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 am

Been thinking about you all the time, any news?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am

I'm so sorry Claire. You must feel like you are living in a nightmare Hugs

I've got everything crossed that he reappears. Hopefully 4390evans is right and he hasn't gone far.

Please do keep us posted.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 am

Still no news just been to a few local shops, pet shops and vets with posters. Saw my post man and asked him to keep a look out. Going back out later with more leaflets to cover a bigger area. Starting to feel very negative, feel it has to either be a fox or person for him to just vanish like this. Have offered a reward in case his new "owners" get sick of him when he bites them. Which no doubt he will thats why I kept him Sad who would have thought I would miss the little chap so much Crying or Very sad gutted is the only word. Thanks everyone for your support cant believe this has happened and I have only just joined.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

Sad really sorry to hear there's no news, really hope you find the little guy. Wish I was closer to help with the hunt.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I also wish I was closer to help you look for him Sad

Did your other bun seem spooked? You would think if she had witnessed a fox come into the garden, she would at least have been a bit on edge?

Just a thought... I know it doesn't help Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh gosh I really hope you find him, this is so upsetting Sad

Thinking of you x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm

She is very flighty anyway but didnt seem anymore than normal, however she is getting quite stressed being on her own and she really doesnt like human contact so I can't comfort her. How long do I leave her, if I mix her it means I have given up on him!? Crying or Very sad as horrible as this sounds I would rather find him dead and have an answer than be left in this limbo of not knowing.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 pm

I understand what you mean, don't be hard on yourself for thinking it. Of course, it is heart breaking when they die, but the not knowing must be the worst feeling in the world Sad I really, really feel for you Sad

I wish there was something I could do to help Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

I just logged on to see if there was any news and I'm saddened to see there isn't, please don't give up, if he can get back on sence of smell he will be back. Never have I wanted anything to have a happy ending so much as this Sad

Fingers and Paws all crossed here at the Warren for you.

'Please return to your Mummy little rabbit , Please'

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 pm

I hope he is back with you soon love, I am so sorry and know what you must be going throgh.

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 08, 2012 3:52 pm

This is my worst nightmare too. Any news?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm really sorry the little guy has gone missing. I know exactly what you are going through. Poirot vanished one night when she was about 4 months old. She hadn't come for her dinner so, like you, we rang all the vets, rescues, RSPCA and put her up on all the relevant websites.

She was still missing 24 hours later so we went out and did a leaflet drop. Some people from over the back came out of their house and said 'We've not seen her today but we see her most days' Shocked - it turns out that she and Graham had been escaping from the garden and spending their days roaming the estate, always returning before I got home from work to give them their veg. We had no clue that they could get out, let alone that they had been going out for weeks.

While we were talking to them, a little girl approached us and said she thought she knew where our rabbit was - she took us to a house a little further up the road, and there she was. A very nice man, who had rabbits of his own, had plucked her out of the middle of the road Shocked and penned her in a run in his garden. The only reason she had not come home the previous night as usual is because she couldn't, otherwise we would have been none the wiser that they were getting out. (The house she was at would have been outside our original leaflet drop zone.)

We were very pleased to see her, obviously, but came home and did a much more thorough job of rabbit-proofing.

There is hope - we thought we might not see Poirot again, and dreaded finding her dead in the gutter as we walked the estate, but she is outside now with the others, stuffing her face with veggies Smile

I hope you get your little guy back, or at least find out what happened to him Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this Sad

I really hope, as others have said, that he hasn't gone too far.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue May 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Just about to go out and leaflet some more, thank you so so much for that story it has helped Very Happy will let you all know how things progress.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Hugs i hope you find him soon, and that as everyone else has said he hasn't got too far.

Also another question, have you done anything security wise about protecting your lone bun? if someone had taken him they may come back for your other bun [not to scare you but just incase] might be worth a motion sensitive light out there to scare them off or a camera to keep an eye on things.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

I hope you find him soon safe and well Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next