Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

+19
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
Sue_pawz
gentl
Bunnylover<3
paullp
Amelia66
Dotdot
Sparky
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
SarahJane
Rachel&Nibbler
Thumper2001
icedancer
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
4390evans
Claireshep
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

Post by Claireshep Fri May 11, 2012 12:00 pm

It's my own fault I should have had them in a secure pen, all the rabbits I have rehomed over the years when I worked at the rescue and I made them all have sercue pens! Do as I say not as I do!! I should have took my own advice. I just wanted the to have a much space as possible so they could act as natural as possible never did I think something could get them Sad
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone lost a rabbit and then got it back? If so how!!

Post by gentl Fri May 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Sending more vibes! Hang in there Claire! Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Im so terribly sorry your going through this. Its the not knowing that would kill me. Stay strong, dont give up and were all praying for a safe return. Hugs xxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm

still hoping for a safe return Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm

I noticed on the missing pets list that another bunny has gone missing in the same area as you in March I think it was and it was a female and looked similar to your missing bun, I wonder if the person that stole the other bun has stole your's as well, funny it's the same area and they are both I think agouti buns, it makes you wonder doesn't it Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh honey sometimes things just can't be helped.

That is quite strange isn't it Maysie.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Sorry I had missed this distressing post Hugs I do hope you find your little bun.

A story to share with you that you may find comfort in, I have a little piggie called Pip who was found wandering an elderly couples garden on christmas morning. They asked around the local area but no one came forward. They approached pet stores and they wouldn't take him and they didn't know what to do with him, so they took him to P@H and I intercepted them before they could hand him over, I took him home and kept him. I really love that little pig. I know nothing about his background, if he lived with his brother, how old he is, who cared for him etc.... I wonder if his previous owner misses him, are they still looking? If they are, I would like them to know that I am caring for him, he is now a proud Uncle Pig to a 10 week old baby boar and they both are spoiled rotton!

So, maybe your bun did get picked up by someone kind, the leaflets you ahve posted somehow got missed by them, and he is being cared for like my little Pip is.

Just a thought.

I hope to hear good news soon xx
Elaine
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 pm

^ What a lovely post Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Sorry I had missed this distressing post Hugs I do hope you find your little bun.

A story to share with you that you may find comfort in, I have a little piggie called Pip who was found wandering an elderly couples garden on christmas morning. They asked around the local area but no one came forward. They approached pet stores and they wouldn't take him and they didn't know what to do with him, so they took him to P@H and I intercepted them before they could hand him over, I took him home and kept him. I really love that little pig. I know nothing about his background, if he lived with his brother, how old he is, who cared for him etc.... I wonder if his previous owner misses him, are they still looking? If they are, I would like them to know that I am caring for him, he is now a proud Uncle Pig to a 10 week old baby boar and they both are spoiled rotton!

So, maybe your bun did get picked up by someone kind, the leaflets you ahve posted somehow got missed by them, and he is being cared for like my little Pip is.

Just a thought.

I hope to hear good news soon xx
Elaine

Aww that's a beautiful post Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

That was a very nice post, thanks for all the support. Still no news (well except for crank calls!!) will let you all know if something happens. xx
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun May 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Who are these people that make these calls!!! They really **** me off Mad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun May 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Mines hopefully will never get out the garden its well secure, but my friend found one in her garden few weeks ago, it was from a house round behind her few doors up, how it got in hers I have no clue, its lucky her dogs didnt see it and think ohhh a big toy.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Sun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm

If you could see my garden its is impossible for them to get out, something or someone has got in and took him. Maybe a fox Sad and as my rabbits are really use to dogs they probably wouldnt run away from a fox.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 pm

and as for crank calls.....
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Claire I would say the same of my garden. It has the house on one side, 2 6ft fences down to either side and then a 10ft wall/fence combo at the back. Flo has been over the 6ft fence. Admittedly she worked out how to use other props to get over the top but she still managed it. And the borders around the edge of the garden have chicken wire stapled to the bottom of the fence and then pinned down so they can't dig out. You would be amazed at where they can get out from if they are determined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil & Ron's Mum Sun May 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Sorry, only just read and caught up.
Hope you find your little bun. x

Lil & Ron's Mum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Crank calls... it's awful Sad When we lost our Harry (cat) some kids came to the door to tell us they'd seen him on the metro line - one came back later to tell us it wasn't true, but it's heartbreaking Sad

I'm thinking of you, I know how it feels Hugs
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun May 13, 2012 9:45 pm

crank calls Shocked grrrr they make me so angry Mad Mad Mad these sort of people are sicko's
hope he comes home somehow soon.
Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon May 14, 2012 12:44 am

Oh Bless you as if you haven't enough to cope with you are getting 'Crank calls' how nasty and cruel and most upsetting No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 am

How can people be so utterly cruel!
Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 am

That's horrible! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot understand how people have a complete lack of empathy. I really hope Karma kicks them in the nuts and HARD Mad
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3