Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?!

+10
gentl
NickieM
fiver
icedancer
KatieB
Dotdot
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?! Empty More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?!

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 pm

When I got in from work OH told me Molly had escaped from her pen and she was in Junior's when he got home.

They have clearly been fighting because there are clumps of her fur everywhere Sad

We had the vet at half 5 anyway so he looked her over and she is not hurt. Phew.

When OH opened the bedroom door, they were lying beside each other so I decided there was no way I was separating them again, so he came to the vet too! I reasoned that a scary trip in the car and an even more scary visit to the vet surgery could only help matters Evil or Very Mad

The vet said to leave them together now and observe. If all is ok by the weekend, I can take the divide in the pen down.

Please, please, please keep your fingers crossed that they have sorted it out Smile

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?! Empty Re: More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm sure they will, no doubt Molly got Junior back for ignoring her when she was scratting at his bottom through the bars the other day Smile

Sending 'Play Nicely' vibes for Molly and Junior albino albino

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?! Empty Re: More fighting bunny talk U/D what now?!

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks Maysie, for the vibes and for all the advice you have been giving me!

You really are a star Very Happy x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Poor Junior - fancy having your sister drop in on you unannounced. No wonder he told her off! I am sure it was just a case of asserting ownership of the territory and nothing too serious. Fingers crossed they will be fine now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote: Poor Junior - fancy having your sister drop in on you unannounced. No wonder he told her off! I am sure it was just a case of asserting ownership of the territory and nothing too serious. Fingers crossed they will be fine now.
ROFL OMG that made me laugh ROFL

He's been trying to get at her since she got spayed No I'm really hoping he has got it out of his system now!! Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm

i know how you feel,its so scary and upsetting,sending all the vibes i can
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Aw, what good bunnies - they have sorted their bond out themselves so you don't have to worry about it any more Thumbs Up

I hope they are settled now and behave themselves.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Oh you two.
I hope they are playing nicely now that they are together.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Ok so we've just had another incident!!!

It started with Junior wanting to be groomed and Molly got quite rough with it Shocked It was like she was nipping his side with her teeth (not proper biting) and then she started digging at him. Needless to say, Junior got annoyed and chased her, so I shouted and stopped them.

Does anyone know why she is doing this? Is this "normal"?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm

I would still say that it is just re-settling behaviour. She has been through a big scary experience and she is bound to still be grumpy. Remember chasing is fine it is only head to head or rolling fighting behaviour that requires splitting. Chasing is buns speak for setting boundaries etc. And Junior does have every right to put Molly in her place. She needs to learn not to annoy him. And as has been said before, post spay it can take 6 weeks or so for her hormones to settle and buns can go through a period of jekyll and hyde syndrome. They will settle down, you just need to be strong and allow them to sort themselves out. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 pm

ooo little monsters!

I hope they settle soon hun - Im sure they will x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks Cheryl Smile

I never saw her do this before she was spayed so it's a bit unsettling Sad

I'm not so worried about it when they are out and about because she can outrun him no problem Laughing

I just can't decide if it's a good idea to take the divide in the pen down on Friday. I guess I'll need to see how they are with each other then.

Thanks again Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Katieb wrote:ooo little monsters!

I hope they settle soon hun - Im sure they will x
Thanks Katie Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm

When Florence grooms Dougals bum she does that tuggy biting thing, you can tell because he hops off and gives her a filthy look Laughing It's never caused a fight, the only time they fought was when Florence was humping his face one time and he objected Laughing

How are they this evening?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 pm

hope they are okay together now Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 pm

How are they today hunni?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 pm

They seem much better today. There has been a little bit of chasing but nothing major.

I'm still hoping to take the divide in the pen down tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Thanks guys Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Gloria and Wolfie bonded like that. They got in together and had a fight and they were fine afterwards. I would NEVER recommend doing things that way, but it just happened and luckily nobun was hurt.

You might find that this is Junior quite enjoying being master of his own little domain. Now that his bossier sister has appeared he is reluctant to let her be boss again, so he is letting her know that things have changed a little. Cheryl is right about their hormones changing and it does take a while for them to settle down.

Hopefully, with the long Jubilee coming up, you can let them get together again without worrying.

Molly just has to learn her place and that her brother isn't there to be pushed around any more.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 am

Haremail Squadron dispatched with some 'be friendly' vibes for Molly Love and Junior Love .
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:52 am

Even after my 2 were bonded we still had the occasional scuffle and fur everywhere No I realised it was when Flopsy was trying to have his way with Flora and she wasnt having any of that hanky panky Laughing

I left them together and they eventually settled down Thumbs Up or should i say Flora eventually submitted to Flopsy's advances Rolling Eyes

Am sure its just working out who is boss and they'll soon sort it out Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed they settle down soon though it is very worrying.

Sending you hugs and bonding vibes Hugs Hugs
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Josie wrote:Even after my 2 were bonded we still had the occasional scuffle and fur everywhere No I realised it was when Flopsy was trying to have his way with Flora and she wasnt having any of that hanky panky Laughing

I left them together and they eventually settled down Thumbs Up or should i say Flora eventually submitted to Flopsy's advances Rolling Eyes

Am sure its just working out who is boss and they'll soon sort it out Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed they settle down soon though it is very worrying.

Sending you hugs and bonding vibes Hugs Hugs
I just noticed your post now Josie, thanks Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunnylover<3 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Fingers crossed. Were trying to bond our bunnies again now. xx good luck, x
Bunnylover<3
Bunnylover<3
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Bunnylover<3 wrote:Fingers crossed. Were trying to bond our bunnies again now. xx good luck, x
It's scary stuff, isn't it?

Hope all goes well for you too!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:43 am

Sending 'Happy Bonding' vibes your way!! Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Yesterday morning, I took the divide down in Molly and Junior's pen and I kept an eye on them all day. They were fine, lying sleeping together etc.

In the evening I took them downstairs together and on the whole they were fine then too. Playing together with their treat ball etc. but there was a little bit of bum sniffing and chasing.

I slept in their room last night, just in case, and the only time I heard them was at 4:45 when Molly discovered I hadn't tucked the fleece under the cage properly and was having a go at the shower curtain that is protecting my carpet No

Do you think it sounds like I will be ok to go to work tomorrow and leave them together?

I've bought a mosquito net to go over the pen to stop Molly jumping out. I'm not sure if I should leave it off so she can get away from him if she needs to Hmmm but then I risk her jumping out for the hell of it, and I worry she might injure herself.

Any thoughts much appreciated Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next