Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

+13
jolovesbunnies
Jodie
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
fall3n-ang3l
icedancer
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
JoeyBunsMum
Big Ears
Dotdot
Thumper2001
marleyNfriends
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture - Page 2 Empty Re: Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 am

Morning everyone. Im not in the frame of mind to post much, but i didnt want to leave it either, so i just wanted to say a big thank you to you all. I posted this on Maysie's thread about Skye, i didnt see the point in writing another one, as it would just be the same.

marleyNfriends wrote:The support from everyone on the forum, facebook and youtube has been overwhelming! I cannot believe the number of people this has affected, and its a great comfort to know there are so many people behind me, sharing my greif. Im sorry for not replying to everyones messages, Sparky, Thumper2001 and everyone else, im just not in the frame of mind, but i really, really apreciate it.

I will post something in Rainbow bridge when i can think of something to say that does them both justice, im not sure i ever will. I said goodbye to Davie, and then again to Skye yesterday evening. I wasnt there when they pts as she was under anaesthetic and i couldnt go on my own, but i went with xxxranxxx and Mum met us there from work. I stroked her, cuddled her and cleaned her up before kissing her goodnight. Its just dawning on me today, that it was the last time id ever see them. They are going to be cremated together, like they were supposed to be, and ill get the ashes back, but im not sure how long it will take, or what to do with them when i do get them back.

Im thinking of making a scrapbook, with pictures, poems and memories, so ive always got something to remember them by. Pictures on a laptop arent the same. I thought about getting a piece of jewelry, but its just too expensive for a nice necklace i can wear all of the time. Im not really sure what else to say, I had a cuddle with Marley and Dolly yesterday morning, but he didnt really apreciate it Rolling Eyes I will get through it one day at a time, but everything is so empty. When im ready, i think im going to move Marley and Dolly into Davie and Skyes playhouse and sell the other one to raise some money for the vet bills, which my Mum payed for without telling me. I cant do it yet though, i cant even look at the playhouse, let alone clean it out. Their blankets are in there with Davies hair and all of their new toys Crying or Very sad I will have to get Mum to take their veggies out later, before they start to smell!

Im just rambling on through numbness now, so ill say bye for now. Thank you everyone. Hugs Hugs Hugs

Sleep well Davie and Skye, binky free wherever you both are, I love you so much Crying or Very sad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture - Page 2 Empty Re: Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 am

Still thinking of you sweetheart, your post has reduced me to floods of tears.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 am

I'm sat here in tears for you Sophia and I think the loss of Davie and little Skye has affected us all and filled us all with a great sadness. You certainly didn't deserve this!
Losing one bunny is hard enough but to lose two so near is just heartbreaking! and we all feel that heartbreak.

I think having a scrapbook would be lovely and I can imagine the way you would put it all together would be something special and a lovely book to look back on, when Pud died I made a book of photos up on the Vista website and I now have a book of wonderful photos to look at when I'm feeling down, if you wish to do that Mike and I would love to pay for it for you as a gift. Or if you send me the photos that you would like I would gladly do it all for you but you may wish to do it yourself as you can add flowers and words which makes it extra special.
Pm me if you would like to do that.

We are always here for you and if you are feeling down or need to talk just give us a ring or email or text

Thinking of you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

You have nothing to apologise for Sophia, I wasn't expecting a reply and like SJ said, we all "get" what you are going through. I think we are all in shock with you too Hugs

I've been so upset for you these last two days, what happened to Skye and Davie was an absolute tragedy. Life is an absolute cruel *****!!! But they were so lucky to have you, you gave them everything a bun could ever wish for.

Davie was a gorgeous little boy, and from what you said, he had a great character too. He must have had for Skye to take to him the way she did.

As for Skye, what a stunning, beautiful, fun little bun. There's a particular picture of her on here that I've often looked at because it's soooo cute and I love it. I will never forget that picture.

We'll never forget either of them Hugs x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

I am in tears too after reading this, oh my love, I am so very sorry for your pain. We are all sharing it however, which I hope brings a little comfort in some way.

Take all the time you need and rememebr we are all here for you.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 am

Hugs Sophia, I am just stunned. You poor dear. Loosing one is devastating. I cannot imagine loosing two at once. Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about this Sophia, and I'm sorry I've not seen this and given my condolences until today as I've not been able to get on much recently. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. Thinking of you lots Hugs

Binky free little ones x x x x
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Top up of love and comforts are on their way darling.

Hus

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks again everyone Hugs
This morning was difficult. It was my first day back at college, and was my last chance to do an exam i should have done on Monday. I didnt think i was going to pass as revision was the last thing on my mind this week. Thankfully though, i crammed for an hour before and managed to come out with a pass. Someone said its because Davie and Skye were with me, if thats the case, why couldnt they give me the answer to question 3? Laughing....personally, i still think theyre getting used to the high life in bunny heaven and a probably still stuffing their faces on the finest nosh theyve ever tasted Laughing

It got better though, thanks to some of my friends. They didnt moan when i talked about it, but the girl i got Davie off peed me off a bit. She said she had tagged me in a post on facebook, because theres a big white rabbit for sale on a group Rolling Eyes She never said im sorry about Davie or anything though, her Mum has messaged me 3 times to see if im ok though, bless her. She says she still expects Davie to still come hopping into the house on an afternoon looking for food. She clearly thought more of him than her daughter. I also went to see some of the bunnies at my local RSPCA, its too soon at the moment, but depending on how my Mum feels, i think id like to foster the buns that are unable to be rehomed for whatever reason. They said they had never had anyone ask about fostering bunnies before, and that it would be a good thing to set up, so i should call the manager on Monday. I told him about Davie and Skye though, and said i wasnt ready, but just came to say hello and have a look.

Ive just written a thank you card to the vet and vet nurse that were on call on Sunday. I have to go in tomorrow, as its my placement day. I dont know how ill cope, but i havent been for 2 weeks, and the longer i leave it now, the harder it will be to return.

"Rebecca & Bec,
Just wanted to say thank you for doing everything you could for Davie and Skye on Sunday. You all know how much the bunnies mean to me. I knew deep down that there was nothing that could help little Skye, but couldnt cope with letting her go hours after loosing Davie. Ill always remember Skye gobbling up her posh nosh from home, cant blame her highness for not wanting Excel hay. Only posh hay and fresh herbs would do for Skye! Its been an awful week, and so difficult on a morning. Davie would always be sat in the window waiting for his pellets and i still expect him to be there. At least now ive gotten over the initial shock, i can look back and remember all the goofy things they got up to, and laugh. Thanks again, Sophia and the bunnies. x"

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Well done on passing your exam Thumbs Up How you managed to pull that off after such an awful few days, I'll never know.

It's really nice to hear your friends were supporting you at college. The girl who you got Davie from would have annoyed me too!! At least her mum cared more, it's great she has been in contact woth you, I'm sure she is grieving for Davie in her own way too.

I think you would be a blimmin brilliant fosterer when you are ready. Every bun that comes to stay with you, for however long, will be a lucky bun Very Happy

I know tomorrow is going to be hard for you, but I hope it goes as well as it possibly can Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm

You deserve a medal darling, congrats over the exams. I hope you are feeling a little better today love.

hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

I had a lovely day with Maysie, Mike and my friend Lauren yesterday, we talked a bit about Davie and Skye, and i had them in my thoughts for the rest of the evening.

I have noticed recently that Poppy dog has been hanging aroung me a lot more, and i didnt think much of it until last night. Mum and I were messing around in my room, and normally Poppy would jump all over trying to join in. Then i noticed she was sat staring at a picture of Davie and Skye on my wall! Shocked She was totally fixated on it. I said to Mum they must be watching us Love

I should have posted this picture up a couple of weeks ago, but i just didnt get around to it. Its a beautiful pastel of Davie and Skye from Elaine (Vince the bunny). The photo doesnt do it justice, but its hung above my bed Love
Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture - Page 2 2012-07-06101051

I have started to put together a proper tribute for them, but im just going to take my time with it. Ive also decided that im going to scatter most of their ashes under a shrub, but im not sure which one. I have a little cherub (it looks more like a little angel to me!) sat with two bunnies that can sit where i put their ashes. Love

Just wanted to post this, as ive been thinking about them a lot this week. Sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi, Sophia. Decided to join up Smile
I'm glad you had a good day yesterday, it's good to see other people as passionate as you about bunnies and being able to talk about the ones that have passed.
They'll always be with you.

x
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Vegan_bunny wrote:Hi, Sophia. Decided to join up Smile
I'm glad you had a good day yesterday, it's good to see other people as passionate as you about bunnies and being able to talk about the ones that have passed.

x
Helloo!! Wave
Mum and Dad dont really talk about them, or bring them up so sometimes its like they never existed. Id rather come on here and post pictures and memories of them. Even if people dont read them, it helps to get it all out somewhere where people understand. Go do a meet and greet!! Razz
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 pm

That picture is beautiful, what a lovely way to remember them. I'm sure wherever you decide, they will love it Hugs That's very sweet of Poppy Smile

Glad to hear you had a fun time at Tuckerbunnies, I can imagine it would be bunny heaven to any of us hoppers!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 pm

x

Helloooooooooooo Vegan Bunny Wave

Was lovely to meet you yesterday and Lucy Rose certainly liked you didn't she Laughing

Maysie
xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

x

Helloooooooooooo Vegan Bunny Wave

Was lovely to meet you yesterday and Lucy Rose certainly liked you didn't she Laughing

Maysie
xx

Hi! Smile I really enjoyed myself yesterday, I'm posting up in the meet and greet at the moment. I loved Lucy Rose! She is an absolute sweet heart, I wish I could have stolen her Laughing

Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 pm

What a beautiful picture of them both.

I hope you are okay Sophia xxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Oh Sophia the picture of Skye and Davie is beautiful it's made me all teary eyed .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:08 am

Such a beautiful picture of Skye and Davie! Love A fitting rememberence for two special bunnies. I'm glad you got to visit Mike, Maysie and the entire Tuckerbunny Warren! I'm going to pop up to Meet & Greet to meet your friend!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2