Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibly stupid question about fly spray

+2
Tuckerbunnies
iiisecondcreep
6 posters

Go down

Possibly stupid question about fly spray Empty Possibly stupid question about fly spray

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Hello Wave

We picked up some fly spray for Temperance from the vets today and I am just wondering where exactly to spray it!

We have sprayed it under her tail while she was standing, wondering if we should get her to periscope so we can do between her legs as well? Hmmm

Thanks! Smile
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Possibly stupid question about fly spray Empty Re: Possibly stupid question about fly spray

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

That's ok where you have sprayed her that's where we do our buns when we spray them Smile

We usually spray them on the tail upwards, just make sure you don't spray her bits with it.

( Sorry from the tail upwards) Embarassed

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Possibly stupid question about fly spray Empty Re: Possibly stupid question about fly spray

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks Very Happy
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Wave I'm glad you asked this. I have some questions too!!

Should I be spraying Molly and Junior even though they are young, healthy buns with clean bums?

And the stuff I have says to spray 15 pumps... If I do that on just their tails, they'll be soaking!!! Hmmm Help please?

Thanks!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 am

Thumper2001 wrote:Wave I'm glad you asked this. I have some questions too!!

Should I be spraying Molly and Junior even though they are young, healthy buns with clean bums?

And the stuff I have says to spray 15 pumps... If I do that on just their tails, they'll be soaking!!! Hmmm Help please?

Thanks!

What is the fly repellant you are using Thumper?

We use the 'Johnsons Fly Strike' spray and that says it can be used on animals over 4 weeks, and on a large rabbit 5-6 pumps or small rabbits between 3-5 pumps.

*Just found this on a website *
A number of plants can be used to repel insects and flies. Some may be planted in pots to sit on top of outdoor hutches or near runs, whilst others may be dried and hung in the home, or the rabbit shed. Just make sure that all these plants are out of reach of your bunny.

Nigella - Love in a Mist, is a pretty annual, which is a good fly and midge repellent;
Lads Love - Artemisia abrotanum, a small bush with grey-green leaves and a pungent aroma which acts as a general insect repellent;
Gilead – Cedronella canariensis, a strongly camphor-scented evergreen shrub with showy pink flowers. The dried leaves and flowers make a moth and insect repelling potpourri;
Herbs – e.g. Balm, Chamomile, Hemp, Lavender, Peppermint, Basil, and Green Oregano have pungent smells which repel many insects.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:56 am

iiisecondcreep wrote:Thanks Very Happy

The Johnsons Fly strike spray says you can spray it between the legs but we don't as Mike got some on a cut on his finger and he said it stung like mad.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:26 pm

It's this one Maysie
Possibly stupid question about fly spray Cb05f001

It says it protects for UP TO 3 months.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 pm

We use rearguard which comes as more of a sponge applicator, but we were todl to cover from around the tail to underneath the tail area to the underneath of the bun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Ours came with the payment plan we have at the vets and is 'F10 Germicidal Wound Spray with Insecticide' and says to reapply once a week, more often if the bun gets wet.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm

We have that one to Thumper the Beaphar Fly Guard and yes it's 15 pumps on the rabbits rear end, from the middle of the back to it's tail. I think most of them can be used on rabbits over 4 weeks old although it doesn't tell you does it on the Beaphar bottle, we only put fly spray on when they go outside but then we have fly screens on the back door and some of our windows.

This is the fly screen door on the back door it wasn't cheap but it's been worth every penny in the Summer as we have the back door open and the fly screen door shut.

Possibly stupid question about fly spray 2012004

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:02 pm

when ive sprayed the buns,ive just sprayed round the bum and halfway up the back,i havent done under the bum,will have to do that next time,as there due to be sprayed again.

we have that one thumper
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Is flyspray something you need to use? I've never used it, I thought it was for buns who are prone to dirty bottoms/are ill? Sould I be doing this for my buns? Thank you. Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Is flyspray something you need to use? I've never used it, I thought it was for buns who are prone to dirty bottoms/are ill? Sould I be doing this for my buns? Thank you. Smile
I'm wondering the same thing scratch

I did the last few years with Thumper, but she was an old lady.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 am

We put it on all buns that are going out in the garden in the Summer just to be safe, even the boarding bunnies.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks Maysie Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down