Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I collected Hughie today

+3
Thumper2001
Vince the bunny
marleyNfriends
7 posters

Go down

I collected Hughie today Empty I collected Hughie today

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 pm

He was called Rolo, but my friend and I both like Hughie. I looked up his name just now, and what i read seemed very fitting:

Masculine and endowed with a certain magnetism, Hughie emanates an air of strength. He is courageous and assertive, although he is also quite wary. This is undoubtedly related to his shyness and emotional fragility - a real Achilles´ heel which affects his mood and level of enthusiasm. This can occasionally result in outbursts of anger if he doesn´t feel that he has been fully understood. Fiery and passionate, he conceals a sweet gentleness behind a firm, even curt and abrupt demeanour. Nevertheless, Hughie is a friendly, affectionate and likeable soul - once he has decided that he trusts somebody

When i collected him, he was already put into a box, i didnt get to see where he was living (not that i needed to, the photos spoke for themselves), but they said they had no food for him, hes very nervous, and flinched every time i stroked him. He was housed with his brother, but they werent neutered and he killed him. Hes 9 months old too and a bit on the skinny side. I couldnt help but notice the 2 skinny kittens that were wandering around their house either! Sad Hes in the playhouse now, with plenty of space, toys, hay, food and water. Wont come near me, but ive seen him eat, so that will do me for now. Hes not allowed Davie and Skyes Hut though, or their bowls Embarassed So he has a carrier for a bed instead.

As for keeping him a night until he goes to the rescue, she already changed the date with the person that is transporting him without telling me, so i found out that he is staying for a week instead of 2 nights. Something doesnt feel right with this rescue, she seems to say one thing, and then say something else the next minute. She said she neuters them before they go, but cant always afford to vaccinate. I said id be happy to have him done before he comes, or send some money to get it done. Since then, i have spoken to a few people who have dealt with said rescue in the past, and seem to have nothing good to say about them - They arent a rescue on here by the way. Obviously i cant say a lot as its a public forum, but im not comfortable with sending him so far away where i cant keep tabs on him. If what people have said is true, he would be better off here with me, i wont be able to get him neutered straight away, but at least he will have plenty of space, more 1:1 time and i know the money that i put towards him will actually be invested in him and not squandered on something else.

Im a little annoyed and upset, because i didnt want a bun in Davie and Skyes playhouse, but i had no choice, i didnt want him in a small cage for a week. Im more frustrated than anything, its hard enough to trust people thesedays, you would think that you could put a little faith into a rescue. No Mum will probably kill me, but what else can i do? He couldnt stay there, and i cant send him to the rescue, i cant find another place for him, so hes going to have to stay here for the time being. I have a feeling hes going to turn out to be another lovabun, i just dont want to get attached.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

I collected Hughie today Empty Re: I collected Hughie today

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 pm

He has come into your life for whatever reason and by chance. The poor thing must be frightened. When I first got Boo he would do a stiffled scream when I picked him up, I was looking at photos of him when I first got him (handed to me in a box at the school playground) and I didn't see him as the same Boo as I have now. He has turned out to be a very loving, trusting and friendly, clever bunny.
What I'm trying to say is maybe he is meant to be with you. My only 'worry' is that he does look a like like Davie, but if you don't see that then why not take him in as a new bun, you can offer him a wonderful life.

The rescue does sound a bit odd.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:He has come into your life for whatever reason and by chance. The poor thing must be frightened. When I first got Boo he would do a stiffled scream when I picked him up, I was looking at photos of him when I first got him (handed to me in a box at the school playground) and I didn't see him as the same Boo as I have now. He has turned out to be a very loving, trusting and friendly, clever bunny.
What I'm trying to say is maybe he is meant to be with you. My only 'worry' is that he does look a like like Davie, but if you don't see that then why not take him in as a new bun, you can offer him a wonderful life.

The rescue does sound a bit odd.
He has a look of Davie, because he is the same breed and colour, but he doesnt look like Davie to me. I cant keep him as my own, because i have nobun to bond him with, and im not sure its fair to have four buns now, despite Maysie and Mike being kind enough to have them all, its not fair. I have a commitment to them, i would feel like im palming them off when i go to uni.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

At least you know he is safe and well fed now Sophia. It must be incredibly hard to see Davie and Skye's place taken so soon but I am sure they would have wanted you to help other buns just as you did for Davie. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 pm

What a sad life the poor guy has had up until now Sad I can't believe he and his brother were left together to fight and what that resulted in Crying or Very sad

He is so lucky to have been rescued by you, he's going to think he's won the bunny lottery!! I'm shocked that they didn't even have food in for him!! What is wrong with people?!

That rescue does sound a bit sketchy!!

I can totally understand why you are annoyed and upset, I would be too. All you can really do now is take it one day at a time and see what happens.

Where is Vince The Bunny seeing a pic of him? scratch
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:At least you know he is safe and well fed now Sophia. It must be incredibly hard to see Davie and Skye's place taken so soon but I am sure they would have wanted you to help other buns just as you did for Davie. Hugs
No bun will ever take their place. I think i would be finding this much much harder hard they been in the playhouse longer. But they lived in there just a couple of nights. Its certain blankets, bowls and the little hut that they loved to lounge in that i wont let Hughey use. Thats Davie and Skyes, and when im ready, only Marley and Dolly will be able to use them.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Sophia you are my hero.

I know that this must be hard for you. I think David and Skye would be very proud of you x

Take each day as it comes hunni x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Katieb wrote:Sophia you are my hero.

I know that this must be hard for you. I think David and Skye would be very proud of you x

ditto
see how things pan out at least he is safe and happy Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 am

Katieb wrote:Sophia you are my hero.

Yes you are my hero to Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am

My hero too, Sophia. Hugs Your an angel! Thumbs Up

I've just got to say this....so please don't get upset with me....somebuns are happier as single buns....or are for awhile. I imagine the poor thing might need 1:1 human for awhile before it would be even safe to consider bonding him. He's going to need an experienced bunny parent. He had been deneyed even learning proper rabbit behavior. I'm not explaining myself well. No But it is almost midnight and my granddaughter has been VERY active today! And this grammy is tired!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 am

gentl wrote:My hero too, Sophia. Hugs Your an angel! Thumbs Up

I've just got to say this....so please don't get upset with me....somebuns are happier as single buns....or are for awhile. I imagine the poor thing might need 1:1 human for awhile before it would be even safe to consider bonding him. He's going to need an experienced bunny parent. He had been deneyed even learning proper rabbit behavior. I'm not explaining myself well. No But it is almost midnight and my granddaughter has been VERY active today! And this grammy is tired!

Im sure they are, i expect it will be a while before he trusts people, but i have 3 months off, and can give him plenty of love and attention, which as someone has pointed out to me (i dont know if its on this thread) is better than going into rescue. He can have all the experiences of being in a loving home environment. Im sure that when hes ready, a bunny friend would be the best thing for him, to bring him out of his shell. Its just something im milling over anyway. Ive got a lot to think about over the next couple of days. Ill take him to the vets next week for a health check and his vaccinations. At 9 months, he should be fully grown, right? I think hes very small for his breed. Ill weigh him this weekend/when i take him to the vets.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down