Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM

+2
Thumper2001
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Empty Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Iz what the hoomin said this morning when i gots given me noms, didnt know what that meanz until i found meself in the vets! Shocked
I didnt want proddin' an pokin' again, they only stuck me wif a needle on Monday! I gave a good impreshun of a kung fu bunny...i scared them off and they left me in me box. Twisted Evil

But they come back and pokes me with a needle again!!! Hissy When i wokes up, i felt a bit drunk!! Shocked AND i fink i might be missin' somefink, my mowf feels better though! scratch Not sure why i is in this cage though, its too small!!

Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Postneuteranddental2
Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Postneuteranddental3
Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Postneuteranddental4

Yep, Hughie was neutered today and had a dental. I was supposed to take him in with me for my placement, but i wasnt very well so i sent him with Mum along with his packed lunch and a note for the vet. "Hughie + Lunch - Watch him hes quite skittish and took a chunk out of me last night. RR mentioned some spurs on Monday, please can he have a dental as well. Thanks, see you next week!" Laughing He did bite me, but it wasnt that bad, i just know it would wind Jane the vet up a bit Razz Mum collected him for me too. The nurse said hes fine, eaten, pooped, his teeth have been done, and they shouldnt be an ongoing problem. He was a bit wild though! Laughing Going to get him vet checked once or twice before he is rehomed, but he just needs his 28 day course of wormer and some love before he starts looking for his new home.

Hes looking very bright, and is even happy to eat hay. Ive never had one happy to eat hay so soon after! Very Happy

ETA: Maysie, i shall bring your cages back if i come to see you next Thursday. Embarassed ...They have been extremely useful though, so thank you ever so much!

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Empty Re: Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm so pleased to hear everything went well for him cheers The pics are lovely. I particularly like the first one!

Junior bounced back really quickly too Very Happy He did a mahoosive pee and a pile of poops within 10 mins of being home Laughing He must have been nomming and drinking plenty before I picked him up Laughing After he'd done his business, he was straight on to looking for his tea! Then he had a nice long sleep Sleep

I hope you're feeling better soon Sophia Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM Empty Re: Your going to get a surprise UD Sunday PM

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Now, Hughie - are you sure the human said 'You're going to get a surprise'? Or might it have been 'You're in for a shock'? Because - similar phrases, very different meanings Shocked

I'm glad your mouth feels better, and the other end won't be too sore for very long, I promise. Try not to take another chunk out of the human though - there's a saying about biting the hand that feeds..... Plus I do think it was very clever of the human to find a litter tray with a picture of you on it, so she can't be all bad Very Happy

I hope you feel better soon, and I hope your foster-human does too Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

aww glad it all went well,
gorgeous pics of a handsome bun Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 am

Hughie, Love Thumper and I are so glad you are doing well. Thumper is going to go to have the same thing done except for the teeth part. I hope you and your Sophia will soon be fine. You are an incredibly handsome fellow. Very smart too! You saw your pic on your litter box and you knew it was just special for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I like to try and keep everyone up to date with whats going on, so any potential new bunny mummies and daddies can follow his progress.

You'd never know he had the snip on Friday, hes made an even quicker recovery than i imagined! Anyway, hes going back in the playhouse tomorrow, as hes healing well, you cant even see the stitches and its all clean. Hes eating for England and he kept me up from 5am last night, tossing his toys around Rolling Eyes

Had him out on my bed for a short while tonight, just to stretch his legs, have some fuss and pinch a few treats. He gave my dressingown a little wash too. I dont trust him 100% as one minute hes cowering/flinching and the next hes very keen to see whats going on, and sometimes i worry hes going to nip me, but he hasnt since the other day. I had to fight him to get the bag of tumbleFRESH back off him tonight! Laughing (a new bedding from supreme, dont know if youve heard of it?). Anyway, we will get there eventually, but his new huparents will hae to be patient with him, and possibly without small children. I know i said i thought he may have sore hocks, well i think i was right, as the hair is getting thinner around that area. Its got worse since hes been on soft bedding, so im hoping when he goes back in the playhouse, they may improve a bit, but they arent a concern at the moment. I started his wormer tonight too, thank goodness he will take it willingly from the syrige, its going to make the next 28 days much easier! Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 pm

It's so good to hear that he's getting on well Smile

Fingers crossed the sore hocks get better when he's back in the playhouse!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am

Glad he is making a good recovery. Always good to have big things like deplumming over and done. Good that he had the teeth done at the same time. Hope he gets a lovely new home as he is a very handsome chap.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm glad he is doing so well Very Happy

I hope his hocks don't get too sore - do you think he might be part-rex?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Sparky wrote:I'm glad he is doing so well Very Happy

I hope his hocks don't get too sore - do you think he might be part-rex?

Im really not sure. The only thing "rexy" about him is his face. Its always possible, but i guess we will never really know for sure. Ill see how they are now that hes back outside. Ive got some more pictures of him, ill put them in the photoshoots bit in a minute.

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t17970-hughie-moved-back-out-today
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down