Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy*

+5
gentl
Thumper2001
fall3n-ang3l
Amelia66
Sparky
9 posters

Go down

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Empty It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy*

Post by Sparky Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

From my Humum:

A year and a day ago I first saw you in the adoption bit at P@H, Roo. We'd seen plenty of buns in there and been able to walk away. And I did walk away from you, a few times Laughing but something just kept making me come back for another look. Then Hudad found me, and collared a member of staff, and I had a cuddle, and that was it - you were mine. You sat happily in my arms for a good 15 minutes - little did I know then that it would have been because you were scheming Shocked

I brought you home the next day, 11th July 2011. I thought you might be stressed in the car, but you were far too interested in what you could see out of the carrier to be worried. We built you a big C&C indoor pen downstairs and you settled in right away.

You proved to be a fabulous, friendly bunny full of character. That 'character' included a real fondness for stripping wallpaper No and as we had only ever had baby buns in the house before you came as a bit of a shock. You loved being in the house and around us, which was a real shame as there has never been a bun less suited to being a house bunny Laughing

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* IMG_5952

You moved out into the chalet with Rocky and Sparky, until Rocky sadly passed away last August. I then bonded Molly with you and Sparky, and what a trio you were Love - one angelic, one cheeky and one plain Norty. You loved taunting the other buns in the adjoining pen, until two days before my birthday and three days after my car broke down, you managed to get bitten and had your lower lip nearly ripped off. I came out to see you, saw blood on your mouth, picked you up, noticed your gruesome injury, ran into the house, got you into a carrier, ran back out of the house with you, ran back into the house, put your carrier down and ran next door to ask for a lift to the vets Embarassed

They stitched you up and spayed you while you were under, and you got to spend a few days back in the house with us.

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Poorroo

I never did find out what you had done this time, when you put yourself in the norty corner... it could have been any one of a number of things Rolling Eyes
It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* NortyRo_640x480

You went back out in the end, while the house was still standing, and into a much more secure pen with solid clear plastic walls. You lived very happily with your girls
It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Thetrio
until November, when Molly lost her fight against Pasteurella Sad

I needed to move one of the boys out of the big group, as they were getting bullied. I chose Taffy as he is a very laid-back bun, and put you and Sparky in the kitchen with him and sat with you all for a couple of hours. That's how long it took you to get it through my thick head that you did not like Taffy, no sir, no way and were not going to live with him under any circumstances ever Evil or Very Mad

So we tried Dougal, and although you weren't keen at first he grew on you and now it was you, Sparky and Dougal living in the chalet. But within days Sparky's pasteurella had got worse and we took the decision that she had to come in, at least for winter, and that you couldn't come too as you were so destructive (it would all have been different if I had known then that there was such a thing as A Gizmo...)

For the last six months or so you have lived happily with Dougal in the chalet. When I put your breakfast in, I would allow you to roam the drive for half an hour while I got ready for work. You would binky like mad for all that time, especially if I chatted to you, before going back in for your breakfast. Last weekend we moved you into one of the new hutches and tore down your chalet, to be able to renovate the garden and sort out better runs for you. I know you are not keen on being shut in, and quite pleased when I lift you down to free-range, but it won't be for long sweetie, I promise.

Today is your Gotcha Day. Earlier, after I had let you have the run of the drive, I almost thought it was your Lostya day too.You had got yourself into a part of the garden we thought we had shut off, and I could not find you for a good few minutes - I really thought you had got out somehow No Always a little minx No

I needed you last year, to help heal the rift that Sunny had left. You did that wonderfully, and you continue to be my special little girl. The one who took off over Hudad's shoulder at the vets, the one who is always up for a noserub and a crunchie, the one who always knows how to make us smile and when we most need to, the one who head-binkies with pleasure just for being talked nonsense at. I love you more than I can say Love Love Love Love

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* IMG_7255

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* SultryRosie_640x480

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* IMG_0100

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* IMG_7787

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* IMG_0309

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* _MG_8781
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Empty Re: It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy*

Post by Amelia66 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 pm

happy gotcha day Rosie Smile

Love i love the last pic of her, its just so cute
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Empty Re: It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy*

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

happy gotcha day Rosie,love the pic of you in the naughty corner Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Awwww! Crying or Very sad Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Happy Gotcha day Rosie Roo!!! I will read your thread properly tomorrow, I'm a bit Sleep
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:00 am

cheers
cheers cheers
cheers cheers cheers Happy Gottcha Day Rosie Roo!

Rosie is quite beautiful! Love I love her markings. You can
tell from the pics that she has quite a personality. You always
get such good quality pics.

I think she is planning her next breakout in that last pic!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am

It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* Pizap_com10_032116921618580821342079267316

xxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 am

What a tale.....

Happy Gotcha Day gorgeous little lady x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 am

Happy gotcha day Rosie! Happy Dance It sounds like you've put your hu-parents through quite a lot Rolling Eyes

Love the picture of her in the naughty corner Laughing and the very last one is beautiful too Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 am

Happy Gotcha Day Rosie It's Rosie Roo's Gotcha day *pic heavy* 831901what a beautiful bun you are Smile That naughty corner picture had me in stitches!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down