Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy)

+8
thezookeeper
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Thumper2001
KatieB
marleyNfriends
fiver
FluffSlave
Sparky
12 posters

Go down

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Empty Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy)

Post by Sparky Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:52 pm

From my Humum:

It was with heavy hearts that we set off on March 24th last year, just five days after losing Mrs D. Jack had been beside himself with grief and we had decided to see if he was ready for a new companion. He was in a carrier in the back of the car and it was a very quiet and sad trip to Tameside Rescue in Manchester.

Jack was quite baffled as he was popped into a puppy pen in the back alleyway. We told Elaine that we didn’t even want to come and see the rabbits, but just to pop in with Jack whichever girl had been there longest and been overlooked. I remember the look on our faces when she reappeared through the gate with what appeared to be an immense ball of orange fluff Shocked

You were called Lesley, she thought you were about two years old, Jack’s age, and you had been with her for several months. When you went into the pen you seemed to be about twice Jack’s size, and the look on his face matched ours Shocked He would have hidden in a corner but the puppy-pen had been arranged in such a way that it didn’t have any Laughing

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) DSC_0023-1

When he got over his shock, the two of you had a bit of a sniff of each other (Jack in a very ungentlemanly manner) – there was no sign of aggression or animosity. I must admit I thought you looked very odd with your arched back, that strange lumpy head and ears which went in entirely the wrong direction.

We kept an eye on you for a while and everything seemed very calm. I thought that you might prefer to not be stared at for a little while, so we went through the gate and had a little Baby Bun Therapy, within easy earshot. The one time I peeked around the gate you were furiously humping Jack, which he suffered with nothing more than a look of resignation. After an hour or so, we brought you both home, coming up with your new name in the car on the journey.

You spent a couple of hours in a pen in the driveway, then moved into a small pen in the living room so we could restrict your space for a little while. I have never seen a bun relax so quickly or so completely, it was like you knew you were finally home.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_7280

One night you decided to sleep on the top bunk.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_7290

You were allowed the freedom of the living room when we were there to keep an eye on you, and only needed a couple of nights penned in before it was apparent that you and Jack were going to be just fine.

You couldn’t have been less like our quiet and retiring Mrs D. You are a big, brash, bolshy, daft, flooffy, flumpy orange lop brim full of confidence and affection. Jack was a bit nonplussed for a couple of days but he fell for your charms almost as quickly as we did. To this day, there are times when you are being daft and he gives me a long-suffering look.

You have done our Jack the world of good – he is a much braver bunny now, he binkies far more often and if he is in the mood he’ll even suffer the odd nose-rub.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_7890

It is flattering that you want to interact with us so much, even when there is no prospect of food.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Xmas06

What a treat it is to live with a bun who will approach a lowly hu-parent and demand physical contact. How lucky we are that nobody had taken you home, all those months you were waiting for us in the rescue.

You have been with us for 365 days and not one of those has gone by when you have not made us laugh, often to the point of tears. Your expressive face, those ears – either flapping up and down as you binky about, or your version of up-and-forward as you take an interest in something. The fact you can bunny-500 in any space. The time Hudad heard some odd noises in the kitchen and went in to find you on the worktop. The way you deny sitting on the back windowsill, winding Rosie up through the window, but occasionally leave a single poop up there. Even your moult is entertaining.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_7609

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Xmas08

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Lala02_640x480

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_9496

Thankyou for coming to live with us, for helping to mend our broken hearts, for making Jack so happy and looking after him so well Mrs D would be proud – we love you ever such a lot and hope to share many, many more Gotcha days with you.

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) IMG_0541-1

From me: You're not so bad, I suppose. Any spare treats over there?

Last edited by Sparky on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Empty Re: Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy)

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla! Love

You are quite the character, aren't you? Laughing

I love the video Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) Empty Re: Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy)

Post by fiver Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

aww what a gorgeous bun you are layla happy hoppy gotcha day Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Love Happy Gotcha Day, Layla Bun.
You certainly landed on your paws when you went to live at Sparky Towers! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Happy Gotcha Day gorgeous Layla.

What a wonderful Bun you are.

I wish I were nearer to give you a squeeze!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Happy Gotcha Day, you gorgeous girl! cheers
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:20 pm

I keep popping back to see pics the pics of you Layla.....goodness you are cute and are making me smile.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Happy gotcha day Layla , You're one lucky bunny Very Happy
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Happy gotcha day Layla cheers
Hope you have had a great day flopping and nomming!!! Very Happy
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Hoppy Gotcha Day Layla. You is very beautiful Love

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 am

How did I miss this, sorry Layla Sad

Happy Gotcha Day, Layla (very pic heavy) LaylaGotchaDay

You remind me so much of Lucy Rose Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:10 am

Lovely pics of Layla - we don't see enough of her in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

Layla says: Thankyou everyone for your kind words on my special day. This morning I thanked Humum by thumping at her and hiding under the dining table Laughing

Tuckerbunnies wrote:You remind me so much of Lucy Rose Smile
Humum thought that and hopes we didn't make you sad Hugs Thankyou for the lovely picture. I am saving a special snuggle for you when you get over to visit us Smile

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Lovely pics of Layla - we don't see enough of her in my opinion.
Humum has been a bit rubbish with the camera lately. I'll have words...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:30 am

Happy gotcha day Layla,your such. Pretty lady Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:10 pm

A very happy Gotcha day Layla love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down