Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home.

5 posters

Go down

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. Empty Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home.

Post by Vegan_bunny Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I have recieved an email from a lady needing to give up her bunnies due to ill health and moving house. She is moving in about 2 weeks time. They are 2 lion head crosses, doe and buck, both neutered. They are apparently very friendly and happy to be stroked etc. They are in good health but aren't vaccinated. I am going to go and see the bunnies and make sure they are in good health etc.
The rescue can't I volunteer for cannot take anymore rabbits, we don't even have a spare hutch for them to go into temporarily. I can organise a bunny run to any rescue/person that may take them on.

Please help, these bunnies will have a very uncertain future if they don't find somewhere to go.
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. Empty Re: Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Oh dear poor little buns Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. Empty Re: Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home.

Post by Vegan_bunny Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 pm

I know Sad I have had no offers yet either (have posted on another forum*) and I have my doubts that I will find anywhere for them within 2 weeks.

Last edited by Sooz on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Forum name removed)
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:04 am

Lauren, id be happy to help, but only on a temporary basis until something else became available, as im struggling to rehome Hughie as it is and im back to college in September.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 pm

I have just been to see them. They are a lovely pair. The doe is called Phoebe and the buck is Cole, after the series Charmed! They are very overweight but seem in good condition. Phoebe has a bit of a mucky bum but nothing serious and could maybe do with a bit of a trim on her incisors. The owner has told me they are going to the vets on Thursday for a nail trim and I asked if she can get them vaccinated. I wrote some things down for her to ask the vet, dental checks, weight etc. They are kept in a little room with a cage and are fully litter trained, they have access to constant hay
but have been over fed the wag muesli so aren't huge hay eaters.

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. IMAG0494
Phoebe, she is the dominant one and is confident and feisty.

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. IMAG0495
Cole, he is a little shy but lets you stroke him.

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. IMAG0496

Can anybody help these 2 gorgeous bunnies? She has told me that if they have not found anywhere to go then she will have to take them with her to the bungalow but they will only be kept in their tiny cage as there is nowhere for them. I think these bunnies are highly adoptable so please consider taking them on.

Help needed, pair of bunnies needing rescue space or a home. IMAG0493

This is the cage, the door is always open for them and they only use it because their litter tray and hay is kept in there. As you can see this is not adequate for even one bunny to spend any amount of time in, let alone two.
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh they are gorgeous. Love

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

They are beautiful. Sadly, I'm thousands of miles away.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

[b]Supose they could be sent "Hare Mail" to USA Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:12 pm

[b]I really wish I could but got 7 1/2 Bunns already well 2 of them coming in a few weeks
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 pm

I wish somebody could take them. Sad I've not had any rescues come forward and tbh I didn't expect any to as the situation atm with rescue buns is pretty dire. I think it's almost worse that these buns aren't in desperate need, I feel reluctant to approach any rescues in case they do decide to take them and as a consequence have to refuse a bun that may be in more dire need.
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Vegan_bunny wrote:I wish somebody could take them. Sad I've not had any rescues come forward and tbh I didn't expect any to as the situation atm with rescue buns is pretty dire. I think it's almost worse that these buns aren't in desperate need, I feel reluctant to approach any rescues in case they do decide to take them and as a consequence have to refuse a bun that may be in more dire need.

Lauren. I know your parents would kill you (and me! Laughing) But there is a playhouse free to good home around the corner from me. If you really cant find anywhere, do you think you could take them and fix that up so its at least bunny proof (i dont know what condition its in). I know you were concerned about having speedwell adn jinty in your spare hutches, but this might solve that. I know you had a nightmare with your parents over Speedwell and Jinty coming to stay too. Im not really sure what to suggest. No
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Is it still available? I could always ask them but I highly doubt they would let me Sad I would also be concerned about affording any vets bills etc but I could always ask Claws 'n' Paws if they would support me as I would be fostering. I think I am going to contact some rescues, hopefully someone will want to take them as they are a highly adoptable pair being neutered and also very friendly with little health problems.
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Shockingly my Mam said she wouldn't have a problem Shocked Shocked Of course..my Dad will. Let me know if that wendy house is still available. x
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 am

The buns will be able to stay with their current owner for now as she didn't get the bungalow she was supposed to move into. If I foster these two I won't be able to do it for long, my Mam has said she will try to convince my Dad to let me take them on so this is very uncertain still.
They are still in need of rescue space/forever home so please don't forget about them as the owner is struggling to look after them, being elderly and disabled. x
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down