Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May I please have some advice re bunny vocals?

+5
Dotdot
KatieB
marleyNfriends
FluffSlave
jolovesbunnies
9 posters

Go down

May I please have some advice re bunny vocals? Empty May I please have some advice re bunny vocals?

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello friends

As you know I have a new bunny called Binky-Boo Snuggles. He is settling in fine, eats very well and seem very happy. One thing I am not sure about though, I have never heard him do his contented purr when he is being stroked. He is obviously very relaxed with little legs out at the back but nothing. Can someone advise please; is is it because he is still a baby?

Many thanks for your time.
Love and hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

May I please have some advice re bunny vocals? Empty Re: May I please have some advice re bunny vocals?

Post by FluffSlave Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't know if it's because he is still a baby, or if this is the case, but maybe some buns just don't do it? I'm sure he is more than happy and content if he has his little legs out behind him Smile
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

May I please have some advice re bunny vocals? Empty Re: May I please have some advice re bunny vocals?

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Not all bunnies do this sound when they are being stroked, all bunnies are different and enjoy different things. However, just because hes not teeth purring, doenst mean hes not content/enjoying it.

Marley only ever teeth purrs if i rub the back of his head/neck behind his ears.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Daisy never tooth purrs that you can hear, but I know he is enjoying it. So don't worryvhun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Flo never purrs, just gnashes at you when she is grumpy. It is a much louder noise. It will probably just take a little more time Jo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm

It took Tigger about 3/4 months before she tooth purred!
He certainly sounds like he is happy though Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Joey isn't a big teeth purrer, although you can tell when he's enjoying a rub! Barney used to do very obvious teeth crunchies, everybun is different Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 pm

my daisy doesn't purr she wiggles her nose and moves her mouth parsley just closes his eyes flopsy nose bumps bluebell winks (odd) skippy is just a bit flitty really so all differ hun Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Lady would tooth purr a lot. Thumper is learning how to. Poor thing never had anyone do the 'behind the ear rub' that he loves so much. You can tell he is trying, but it sounds so funny. He'll just sprawl out when he is happy or do his 'dead bunny' routine.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 pm

gentl wrote:Lady would tooth purr a lot. Thumper is learning how to. Poor thing never had anyone do the 'behind the ear rub' that he loves so much. You can tell he is trying, but it sounds so funny. He'll just sprawl out when he is happy or do his 'dead bunny' routine.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
just love your boy Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you my dear friends for all your kind replies. You have al been very reassuring and as you say DotDot love, he kay grow into it.

He went for his vaccinations today so is feeling a little fazed. nothing a nice treat will not put right though LOL!!

Many thanks again and I will let you know if he becomes a purrer.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello friends

Well, I heard his first purr last night, it is very quiet because he is such a baby at the moment but I was so pleased.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:58 pm

So glad to hear he purred for you Smile
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Awwww. Love It's like baby's first word!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Thank you ladies and yes Gentl love, that is exactly how I felt.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Aww Love
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down