Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on hormonal bunny.

+4
fiver
marleyNfriends
Sixer
gentl
8 posters

Go down

Advice on hormonal bunny. Empty Advice on hormonal bunny.

Post by gentl Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 am

Embarassed I learned something new about rabbits tonight. Embarassed Princess Angelica is my 4th bunny. Trooper and Lady were babies when we got them and they grew up. Thumper was 2 years. Angelica is 7 months. I've never had a rabbit that humped. Embarassed I never knew exactly um.... Embarassed um...how vigorous this was. Tonight she has been latching on to my foot/leg and it feels like a vibrator on my leg. And then she bites--hard. Bunicula!

When she is biting me I yell "OW! No!" What else should I be doing? She has decided that she loves me to pet her which is wonderful. She has figured out how to jump up on the bed and lay down beside me and sometimes try to help me type. Lady used to help me type. Very Happy Very Happy

I see a spay in her future.......soon........
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Advice on hormonal bunny. Empty Re: Advice on hormonal bunny.

Post by Sixer Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am

Ouchy - bunny bites hurt Sad

Neither Rosie or Hollie humped prior to being spayed - they were probably about 10 months old when they were. I think all you can do is remove her from your leg as soon as she starts, can you give her a cuddly toy to hump instead.

As she is such a vigorous humper can I ask if you have checked that she is definitely a girl? Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 am

Remember that humping is largely about dominance. I would suggest that you just bend down and pick her up. Generally rabbits are not happy about the whole picking up thing especially when they are just whisked straight up as if being taken by a bird of prey. There is a reasonable chance that picking her up every time she tries to hump you will quickly teach her not to try it.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 am

Laughing It does spoil things a little doesnt it!! Laughing

Davie used to love snuggles too, but before he was neutered, he would get a scent of the others on me and then hump me for England!! Embarassed He was so resistant when trying to get him off, its incredible how strong they can actually be! He was very rough with poor little Skye when i bonded them too. Rolling Eyes Turned out to be a match made in heaven though!

I hope she settles down quickly when shes done and you can go back to enjoying nice cuddles, until then...happy humping!! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:43 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL sorry i shouldn't laugh but the picture in my mind of you in total dismay and angelica with just one thought humping that furless odd shaped bun into submission is just so funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
but ouch i think it's cold shower and neuter time soon for a certain bun Wink

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 pm

My Humum said hump her back No which is probably a bit mean. I was insanely hormonal and madly in love with my Humum but I never humped her, just circled her constantly, grunted, sprayed wee and threw myself under her feet.

Try a nice pair of fluffy bunny slippers Wink Embarassed
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Ah yes - wee spraying. I remember that well Rolling Eyes Be grateful that Angelica is not into wee spraying - it is amazing how far a bunny, even a little one, can send wee Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Florence was in love with me before she was spayed, but I just had the grooming, honking, following about, but by humping you she's saying you're hers Love It's quite sweet really.

I must admit I did ROFL when I first read it though Embarassed Embarassed
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Oh dear! Hermione and Easter used to hump each other and Boo but once spayed it just totally stopped straight away. So did the wee spraying. Poor Boo used to frequently get a golden shower followed by bunny molestation! The girls towards me were just very 'off', Hermione especially which was a little upsetting, but once spayed she warmed to me again but not like when she was a tiny baby.

I'd put some fluffy toys out for her to hump too, but it could also be a dominance thing though Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Every bunny is so different! ROFL I wish i could have gotten a video of her tail whilest she humped. It flicked back and forth as fast as humming bird wings!

I wish I could have picked her up but she was latched on to my legs and those nails were dug in! My legs were a bloody mess.(using 'bloody' as descriptive not explicative!) Wink
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm

I think I have just been really lucky with Willow. She's never displayed ANY hormonal behaviours like this and since she can't be spayed it's just as well really! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down